California Grill- nut allergy

marissacalder

Original Poster
HI, me and the family are going to florida again in the summer. We have booked California grill as my mum has always wanted to try it. im allergic to nuts and a veggie. Anyone one know if they would give me the sweet potatoe gnocchi without the hazelnut emulsion? Or does anyone know what the deal is with desserts? I was once in a Disney restaurant where they refused to give me any dessert 'just in case' even though nuts were not on the menu.

Thanks!

HouCuseChickie

DD7 is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts. We've dined at Cali Grill multiple times and they've been great with her allergies. The best thing you can do is ask your server when ordering. Also, their menu changes so regularly that things you may be seeing online may not even be there when you dine.

Polydweller

HI, me and the family are going to florida again in the summer. We have booked California grill as my mum has always wanted to try it. im allergic to nuts and a veggie. Anyone one know if they would give me the sweet potatoe gnocchi without the hazelnut emulsion? Or does anyone know what the deal is with desserts? I was once in a Disney restaurant where they refused to give me any dessert 'just in case' even though nuts were not on the menu.

Thanks!
The best thing to do is mention the allergies to the server and they will have the chef come out and work with you.

As for the desserts issues, it's the same in the restaurants at our hotel group. If a person has an allergy and orders something for which we cannot guarantee it hasn't come in contact with the allergen we will refuse to serve it. If we did, regardless if the customer said they would take responsibility, we would have liability for having served it. There's no way we could avoid that. So the only thing that can be done is to not serve it.

It's mostly desserts because they are quite commonly made offsite where the restaurant has no control over ingredient control. Entrees and appetizers are almost always made in the restaurant so you can control what allergens can come in contact with. But it could be any dish if you don't know for certain.

reptar77

Thanks!
You will have no problems. Make sure you note the allergy on your reservation, at checkin, and to your waiter.
Really you will have no problems, they made a special dessert for me because I cannot eat gluten or sugar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom