Cake for b-day!?

3kiddos

We’ll be celebrating some birthdays while visiting WDW Dec. 30 - Jan. 6. Where’s the best place to order a cake? Can I request anything at our restaurants in the parks or hotels?

yensid67

BUT if you don't want to spend a lot, remember Walmart and I would assume Publix Supermarkets will have a bakery....and being close to the parks, I imagine they would have some pretty nice cake options for the budget conscience!

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
At any TS restaurant outside MK (no idea why not MK), you can simply ask when you check in for either a vanilla or chocolate cake at the end of your meal. I think it's 6 inches diameter? Can't remember the cost, expensive by normal cake standards but not by the Floral & Gifts elaborate cake standards;). Bear in mind you have to take it with you when you leave the restaurant, they won't hold it for you.

Or you can design one and order from Floral & Gifts as people have suggested, and have it delivered to your room or meal. Pretty expensive but convenient.

Or order and collect from Amaretti s in DS (they won't deliver).

Or head to Publix or wherever and buy an ordinary one.

Or make it in your room if you have a kitchen.

I went for option 2 for DS 21st. We were dining in MK so couldn't just get the standard one at the meal, but just ordered the standard one and had them bring it to our room.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

When we visited during our daughter's birthday and marked it on our ADR, she received a free cupcake and candle. I'd simply ask the server discreetly if something is offered, and if not, order a special dessert from the menu to mark the occasion.

...but then again, I'm part of a family that would rather spend extra cash on souvenirs than a celebration cake. YMMV. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom