Cake Delivered to the Poly

MotherofaPrincessLover

Original Poster
I was hoping to get a cake delivered to my room at the Poly for my upcoming trip. Does anyone has the information on who to contact? Can custom cakes be ordered or are they all standard one?

nickys

Premium Member
Custom cakes are insanely expensive, but the site will have the details!

It’s Floral and Gifts who do them. The one piece of advice I have is to speak to them directly if you can to confirm the delivery time.

http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandg...gn=Disneyworldwebsitesearchdisneyfloral&gifts

We ordered one for my DS 21st on our arrival evening. We arrived at Bay Lake, jet lagged but ready for some celebratory drinks and food. Went up to Top of the World Lounge and on the way I spoke to the front desk. “Yes, we have a note here that they will deliver to your room, we’ll let them know you’re ready now...”. Got back, no cake. DS crashed while I went to the front desk again. CMs were very apologetic but it took another hour for F&G to turn up. Almost midnight. :( We had cake and champagne (we bought that at duty free) for breakfast. Not quite the same though.

slappy magoo

FWIW, you can also order a small-ish cake (serves 4-6) in the shape of mouse ears and have it delivered to a restaurant where you have ADRs. It's only $35 and would be added to your meal bill. Choices are limited to chocolate or white chocolate. They can't customize it, but the ears (also made of chocolate) can say "happy birthday" or "congratulations."

I think this same cake can be delivered to rooms which could be cheaper than any of the other cakes offered through the website @nickys linked above...but I don't know if it's the same $35 they would charge if you had it delivered to a restaurant. But I don't think that cake can be ordered from that website, you have to call 407-827-2253.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/cake-orders/

Considering most restaurants' dessert offerings start at 8 or 9 bucks, to have a small cake that serves 4 for $35 isn't particularly crazy.

The Poly has a bakery and youd contact them directly

Top ▲

Polynesian Village Resort* — 407-824-2165
  • Mickey Mouse Celebration Dome Cake: $35 chocolate cake with chocolate mousse or vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse
  • 6-inch $35 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream; screen prints not available
  • 8-inch $50 custom vanilla, chocolate or marble cake; filling is chocolate or vanilla buttercream, white or dark chocolate mousse, fruit mousse or custard with strawberries; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • 10-inch $70 custom cake, same options as 8-inch custom cake
  • Screen print costs $32
  • Mickey Mouse Face Cake $54 (serves 10–12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes and mini cakes may be ordered by calling Private Dining at the Grand Floridian: 407-824-1951; start at $32 on top of the price for a basic cake in the size you want (see above) or $40 for two-tier mini cakes, which serve 2

HouCuseChickie

The GF bakery handles all cakes delivered to the Polynesian. I would not mess with the cake line or the Poly line as it's the GF who will be helping you. You will likely talk to Pat, who handles the bulk of the cake orders. For cakes delivered to the Poly, you will also be paying in advance for your cake.

Grand Floridian Resort* — 407-824-1951

Also, I haven't been keeping up with updates on all of the ordering details the Cake Talk thread, but Carrie's (aka Lurkyloo) How To page is pretty much everything you need to know about ordering cakes at Disney. https://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/

MotherofaPrincessLover

Original Poster
The GF bakery handles all cakes delivered to the Polynesian. I would not mess with the cake line or the Poly line as it's the GF who will be helping you. You will likely talk to Pat, who handles the bulk of the cake orders. For cakes delivered to the Poly, you will also be paying in advance for your cake.

Grand Floridian Resort* — 407-824-1951

Also, I haven't been keeping up with updates on all of the ordering details the Cake Talk thread, but Carrie's (aka Lurkyloo) How To page is pretty much everything you need to know about ordering cakes at Disney. https://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/
Thank you!

Nala06

I used Pat the GF for a cake to be delivered to Kona at the Poly. It was SO GOOD. Expensive, but delicious. And one of a kind. We got an 8 inch and we (4 adults) ate it for 3 days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom