Cagans Crossing RidgePoint/Aurora

What feedback can anyone give me on these two propertys? Bad or Good?

Auroua is income restriced. i think i have a email from the property manager i will attach it.

"Hi! Thank you for your interest in our community. We are conveniently located in the Four Corners area. We are about 7 miles from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. We have two communities here at Cagan Crossings. One is an income-restricted community; one is a traditional neighborhood development. If you choose the income-restricted community, you cannot make annual income over a certain amount depending on the number of people that will be occupying the apartment. The price for the studio is $410, the one bedroom $475. The prices on the two bedrooms there, Aurora, are $605. The two bedroom that leases for $605 is a flat, 924 square feet; the other apartment that leases for $605 is a town home, 924 square feet. The traditional neighborhood development, Ridgepointe, has two different one bedroom floorplans, the smaller is $660, and the larger is $710. Ridgepointe has seven different two bedroom floor plans. They range in price from $820-$920, and range in square footage from 1113-1253. The security deposit is $300 for both communities; however $100 is not refundable in Ridgepointe. The application fee is $35 per person in each community. If you have pets they cannot be over 25 pounds and there is a fee of $250, non-refundable, for each pet. Limit two per apartment. There are also breed restrictions. Ridgepointe also has garages that rent for $85 per month.

The utilities that are included are pest control and trash removal in each community. Aurora is gas, Ridgepointe is electric. You also have to pay for water and sewer each month.

We offer only 12-month leases in Aurora. Ridgepointe offers 7 or 12 month leases.

Currently the income restrictions are as follows; one person $24,120. Two people, $27,540. Three people, $31,020. And four people $34,440. Keep in mind this can change at any time. Remember it is based on the total number of people occupying the apartment. This includes children, not just lease holders.

The schools in the area are
K - 5th grade
Pine Ridge Elementary
Clermont, FL 34711
(Registrations accepted at Lost Lake Elementary) 352-243-2433
1901 Johns Lake Road
Clermont, FL 34711

6th 7th and 8th grade
Windy Hill Middle School
3575 Hancock Road
Clermont, FL 34711
(352) 394-2123

9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grade
East Ridge High
13322 Excalibur Road
Clermont, FL 34711
(352) 242-2080

Four Corners Charter
Elementary (K-4)
Middle (5-8)
9100 Teacher Lane
Davenport, FL 33837
(407) 787-4300

Lake County Schools
201 West Burleigh Boulevard
Tavares, FL 32778
352-253-6500
Fax 352-343-0198

Lake County Bus Transportation
(352) 343-3531

All information as well as our floorplans is available on our website at cagancrossings.com. I hope this answers some of your questions. Please feel free to call (352) 242-0555 if you have any additional questions."

hope that helps you
dave

Ducky_Love

With lived in Ridgepoint for 7 months before purchasing our house. This was the nicest, MOST quiet, peacful, and CHEAPEST (price not quality) apartment we ever lived in. I can't recommend them highly enough. Our unit was on the corner and on the third story of the building. I have never seen sunsets prettier than looking off that balcony. They are about a 20min dirve away from Disney. However, the are at the end of 192.. so traffic can get scary at times.

The income restricted side is mostly filled with Disney CM's. I never felt unsafe or like "shady" people lived there.

If you have questions you can PM me. :wave:

PigletIsMyCat

I am currently living in Ridgepoint. I have had no major problems, but I have never lived in an apartment community like this before. The walls are quite thin, and just this morning I was woken up by my neighbor's bass heavy music. I also hear late night trysts that my neighbors are involved in, if you catch my meaning. I once asked why our notices were put in our doors, instead of the deliverer knocking and seeing if we were home to hand it to us, and was told that the man who delivered the notices (not always good notices) was 70 years old and had been assaulted numerous times.

We were told at move in that the only phone providers available in the area were Bright House and Embarq, and that Bright House was the only cable provider. This was a lie. We were also told that they did not allow more than two pets adding up to 25 pounds (not 25lbs EACH) and they did not allow unregistered cars in the lots. There has been more than one unregistered car in just our parking lot since we looked at the place last May, and people are walking around St. Bernards, Shar Peis, and Pit Bulls/Bull mixes, all of which are well over 25 pounds at maturity. I was made to submit a picture of my cat as well as a letter from my vet in New York stating what her weight would be at adulthood. For a cat. A housecat, not a tiger. My vet had never been asked for this before.

It appears to be safe (no break ins since we moved in last June), although it is dirty - the trash service does not come often enough, and our garbage pails fill up waaaay to quickly. The pool is well maintained. They have some rules that some of us follow, but they refuse to enforce. I have complained about numerous cars being abandoned in our lot, and it took months to get anything done. My girlfriend moved in a month before I did, and she had to ask numerous times to have her patio cleaned (it was a disgusting mess, and they told her they would clean it before she signed the lease) and it still took them four months to get to it.

Like I said, I've never lived in a complex like this, but I was not terribly impressed. Plus, the rates that are quoted in that email might not be accurate anymore; they attempted to raise our rent over 4%, and my girlfriend - who is one building away from me - by less than 2%. The traffic in the area is horrendous, and the package delivery is horrible except for UPS. We had always planned on staying here for a year and then buying a home in the area, so it worked alright for us.

Ducky_Love

OMIGOSH!!

Maybe we just got really lucky. I will agree that the trash got out of control sometimes and parking was very busy late at night. We never heard a peep out of any of our neighbors, though. Our unit was spotless when we moved in. We actually had planned to spend the first day cleaning and it didn't need it!

Another bonus. If you are planning on buying a house and breaking your lease (we did) you are not help accountable for a "buy out" like most complexes. You are responsible for the rent until the apartment is refilled. The demand is so high to get in there (normally a 2 - 4 month wait list) that we ended up paying $250 to break our lease. Pretty amazing!

Anyway- hope this helps!

PigletIsMyCat

I know, we were on a waitlist for a couple of months, and ended up accepting a unit we weren't sure we could afford because we were afraid of how long it could be until another unit opened up.

ISUKoalabear

I too am thinking about moving into Aurora. I am moving down June 15ish to do an internship with Disney. I am also looking into Carlton Arms South, any suggestions?

Jami

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom