Cabana rental

ml123_9

Original Poster
Looking at booking a Disney Cruise, have never been on one. Just curious about the cabana rental process. Wondering how far in advance can you try to rent one. Thanks

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Your chances of getting a cabana on your first cruise is very slim. On the day you can start booking excursions you can look under excursions on Castaway Cay. If there are any available book it right away. If it is not available keep checking back, someone might cancel. You can also check once you get on board and be wait listed for a cancellation. There aren't many cabanas they are usually snatched up by people in concierge or the Platinum or Gold Members of DCL. It can happen though, I was able to snag one on my 3rd cruise.

ChuckElias

I still find it wild how it works. This past weekend there were a few sitting empty on CC day.
My guess is that people grab them, just to ensure that they have one if they want it. But then, as the cruise approaches, they decide they don't want to spend the money and release the reservation. Just a guess.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
My guess is that people grab them, just to ensure that they have one if they want it. But then, as the cruise approaches, they decide they don't want to spend the money and release the reservation. Just a guess.

But you pay in advance....

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Platinum and Concierge level passengers get first dibs on cabanas. At concierge level, you can give your rep your plans and they will take care of it for you. If I remember, DCL sets aside a number of cabanas for those guests. Once you board, you can get on a waiting list. But I've had luck walking up to the cabana check in and asking if they have any available.

mikenatcity1

Looking at booking a Disney Cruise, have never been on one. Just curious about the cabana rental process. Wondering how far in advance can you try to rent one. Thanks

When people say they are really hard to get, it's true. I'm going on my 12th Disney Cruise (11th to Castaway) next week and finally got a chance to reserve it.

For my cruise, at least 4 cabanas were available to book at the time the Gold Castaway Club members could book.

I hope you are able to snag one, at least to try it out :) I'm sure you will have luck some time! Enjoy planning your cruise- it's so much fun!!!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I have one reserved for my cruise next week and didn't have to pay ahead either. I'm just not looking forward to that bill at the end of the cruise!

I know our bill was a little high! We had bought discounted Disney gift cards at Sam's Club before we went and applied that to our room when we arrived. So it was nice to think I had a "discount" on my cabana.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom