Trip Report C’mon Everybody, Here We Go….*COMPLETED*

Think of all the joy you’ll find
When you leave the world behind
And bid your cares goodbye!

Ahh, a relaxing getaway from reality. No cares or concerns. Just bliss.

Not exactly a perfect picture of vacationing at Walt Disney World during Spring Break, is it?

But we’re going anyway. We’re Spring Break Veterans and it’s time for the annual reunion.

Two years ago we missed out on our usual adventure thanks to Covid. The stay-at-home vacation just wasn’t the same! (Although you can read about it here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-“no-trip”-trip-report-completed.964173/)

Last year we were able to return, albeit under Covid protocols. We believed that enduring masks 24/7, plexiglass and vinyl dividers on attractions, mobile order Door Nazis and limited shopping/dining/entertainment would be acceptable in exchange for the very low crowds that we’d experienced on earlier pandemic trips. But the parks were packed and we ended up spending a lot of time at the pool (which wasn’t a bad thing. We’re pool people.)

Now that park capacity has increased and nearly all Covid restrictions are gone, we expect to find the shoulder-to-shoulder spring break crowds of yore. And long lines. So we’re packing our patience and “It is what it is” attitudes.

Because in spite of all the negatives WDW is still our happy place.

We can’t wait.

60EFA200-96A8-450F-994E-B3B9C3BD6048.jpeg

Who: Tuvalu and Em
When: April 3-9, 2022
Where: Our favorite moderate resort

My plan is to go live upon our departure. Fingers crossed that Disney WiFi will be my friend.

Speaking of friends, we hope to meet up with a few. You’ll have to follow along to see if we do.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Em and I window shop. Neither of us are enamored with the sweet treat offerings at Contempo Cafe. She pulls up the menu of the Main Street Confectionery and finds something she wants.

The rain has ceased so we head over to MK.

65B91124-5295-4A07-9BDD-8E066853D9EE.jpeg

So odd to see exterior lights on in the middle of the afternoon!

89336C42-3640-435F-9A89-BB2EDF3E94FC.jpeg

As we near the door of the Confectionery, we begin to be pelted with rain drops. We make it inside just as another deluge starts.

2527EDC9-F04A-4099-9334-D3ADC29935B2.jpeg

3B7004BB-5761-4C84-B5FB-63A26A0348CA.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Em and I are ready for our next adventure.

Getting dinner.

None of the offerings in MK appeal to us tonight.

Our clothes and feet are still a bit damp. The temperature has dropped and we are cold. We are weary but don’t feel like eating in Sassagoula Floatworks.

We do the next best thing. Riverside Mill.

00E97C16-B863-44F8-BFE3-AD71C28BA934.jpeg

We learn a lesson. Not all the items listed on the menu are available on mobile ordering. There was a French Dip cheesesteak which sounded yummy, but that item is not listed in the app when we mobile order. So we settle for chicken strips and a sandwich.

As we wait for our notification, we see a few people (who had ordered at the counter) with cheesesteaks on their trays. And a photo of the cheesesteak on the electronic menu board.

We are bummed we used mobile ordering. Our food is meh.

Our spirits lift when we make the pretty walk through POR on our way home.

46ECD365-7D2B-45B0-9C06-F94FF2973AAA.jpeg

8C549C9E-76EB-4021-9B2D-A39F28F8F20B.jpeg

E3294CB0-0BD8-45E5-A1FE-243EAB8E7165.jpeg

8F6EDB24-D56A-44A7-A93A-34E64CF3177C.jpeg

750C67A5-0CBB-4712-91D2-E4DB00D8031D.jpeg

C45D0D14-2D45-4349-95A2-498AFC79CD9F.jpeg

Laurenciaa

MissViv

We linger over lunch but radar indicates that the worst is yet to come. Em says she doesn’t want to be stuck inside the restaurant for hours, and we also don’t want to be table hogs. The restaurant has become very crowded with poncho clad people.

We open our umbrellas and power walk towards the park exit.

View attachment 631559

It is raining so hard that ankle-deep puddles are forming. Though it’s hard to tell in the next picture, my feet/sandals are submerged.

View attachment 631560

Em and I were so glad we prepared in advance for rain and purposely did not wear sneakers. Wet socks and shoes are the worst!

View attachment 631561

There was a mass exodus to the exit. All the bus gates were full.

View attachment 631562

And the rain rain rain
Came down down down

View attachment 631563

I have a pair of Teva's that I have had for around 3 years and just can't seem to get them broke in. I probably haven't worn them enough but they sure would not be comfortable to wear to Disney.

Any tips for breaking them in or do I just need to wear them more often? I wold like to take them on my upcoming trip in September.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
The line begins to move at 8:25 am. The CMs do a nice job of keeping the forward motion slow. Safety first.

People then rush get on line for 7DMT, despite all nearby CMs telling them the ride isn’t open yet and they don’t know when it will begin operating.

There was a honey spill at Pooh and Em and I keep on walking.

Those who decide against 7DMT practically push us over to get to Peter Pan.

Em and I take the road less traveled.

67D1AB32-2157-4C05-ADA2-D2D975D8A82D.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom