News Cítricos to reopen July 15 reimagined to the whimsy and elegance of Mary Poppins Returns

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
1uujhmnnbhvbfg.jpg

"I am so excited to announce you can now dine “underneath the lovely London sky” in the newly reimagined Cítricos at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, which pays homage to the whimsy and elegance of Mary Poppins Returns. Taking subtle cues from the movie’s animated sequence, the dining room brings guests into a fanciful garden setting where you can “trip a little light fantastic” as you experience the restaurant surrounded by the glow from decorative lamps and chandeliers."

Parker in NYC

Love Citricos. Will Book an ADR ASAP.

Don't love an early 20th century London themed Marry Poppins inspired restaurant next to a French themed B&TB Lounge from a the 18th century, in a hotel themed as a turn of the 19th century victorian beach resort.

If you’re seeking legitimate thematic cohesion at WDW going forward, my condolences.

sullyinMT

This looks wonderful! Subtle, elegant, and fitting of the spirit of both the resort and the IP. We can et into centuries, continents, yada-yada. But, imo, these photos and general menu descriptions are Mary herself, practically perfect in every way. Like others have said, better than slapping character faces and animated penguins everywhere and calling it good.

I think it looks really nice but unless you told me, I would not have gathered this was themed to MP.
I personally interpret that as the point. Kind of like Remy on the Dream-class DCL ships. Tastefully themed, subtle, and can be enjoyed by super-fans and people who've never seen the movie. And, of course, everyone in between.

DonaldDoleWhip

Considering the other monorail resorts, I'm surprised Disney hasn't yet overhauled GF's standard rooms to incorporate Victorian-era Disney characters - that's an integration that has worked well in the other flagships (e.g. Tokyo) and could absolutely increase GF's occupancy rates. Also I believe the Villas have some character details that actually work.

Looks good to me - excited to potentially try it.

Last edited:

The Visionary Soul

Love Citricos. Will Book an ADR ASAP.

Don't love an early 20th century London themed Marry Poppins inspired restaurant next to a French themed B&TB Lounge from a the 18th century, in a hotel themed as a turn of the 19th century victorian beach resort.
It has more in common with the hotels of Beverly Hills that were built in the 80s. There’s nothing Victorian about… well, really anything… in the Grand Floridian. Even the exterior is based on a California hotel. Truly abysmal “theming” at this hotel.

DonaldDoleWhip

It has more in common with the hotels of Beverly Hills that were built in the 80s. There’s nothing Victorian about… well, really anything… in the Grand Floridian. Even the exterior is based on a California hotel. Truly abysmal “theming” at this hotel.
You're clearly not alone (GF doesn't appeal to many) but I like it. I also think its exterior actually looks nicer than the hotel it's based on (setting aside the Villa building, which gets the interior right and the exterior so, so wrong).

In any case, they're not bulldozing the resort anytime soon, so I appreciate efforts to enhance it like Cítricos 2.0 and the incredibly convenient walkway to MK.

Will concede that Enchanted Rose is still stupid.

Last edited:

Bairstow

It started off as the The Del but now the Grand Floridian is just a catchbin for whatever the average guest associates with "fancy".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom