Bye Bye Pasta Piazza Restorante

MrPromey

Originally posted by thedisneyfan
I just can't agree that slowness existed at the restaurant. If anything the parks need more restaurant space not less. I've noticed the steady increase and frustration with the wait at the fast food locations at all of the parks. And if they put in another store like mousegear---then yuck. The old store there was so much better. If its McDonalds, then I will never eat there and I'll be sure to tell Disney---even if I have to grab one of those poll takers at the gates myself! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

All of the fast service restaurants have a time of day when they aren't busy. If you hit them when they first open or in the afternoon past lunch time they often seem deserted. The reason you probably always see them busy is because you are going there around lunch or dinner time when all the other normal people are. Just because it looks busy when you are in there doesn’t mean that it is in fact, always busy… If this restaurant wasn't doing enough sales at other times of the day it probably wasn't cost efficient to bring a staff in to have it only open for a few hours… If it was making money, the would not have closed it unless… they had come up with a way to better use the space in which case, I think they would have already gotten started with something by now...

MrPromey

Originally posted by thedisneyfan
If its McDonalds, then I will never eat there and I'll be sure to tell Disney---even if I have to grab one of those poll takers at the gates myself! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You know, a lot of people on the boards seem to have a problem with the McDonald's thing. I've always kind of been indifferent about it until recently. One of the last times I was there I saw a big family of kids eating at the McD's in AK and it sort of hit me why having these in the parks might be a good idea. When I was a kid I worked at a McD's and the one thing they always tried to drum into our heads was consistency. A hamburgers coming from our McD's was supposed to taste exactly like one coming from a McD's in Japan. Our fries should have been indistinguishable from the fries they sell at any other McD's on the planet… The reasoning was that if you walked into a McD's anywhere in the world, you would know what to expect. WDW has guests from all over the world and having a McD's there gives people, particularly children, something familiar. I know from personal exercise that kids can be really picky eaters, especially when it comes to places they've never been before. As I watched that family eat, it made sense to me that the McDonalds was there… The way I see it, if you don't like them, don't go to them. They don't otherwise seem to be having any trouble with business there so I don't think we will see them going away any time soon...

monorail256

ok! what the heck? if you want your mickey shaped pizza go to trails in buffet! they have them! you people are going nuts over a resteraunt! lol sorry but.... you can still get the food...you just have to look for it! but you might say the atmosphere will be missed which it probably will be! but...... times change , new things are needed and i am guessing (key word "guessing") that disney is planning on putting something there right now and until *then* go to mcdonalds.... you cant say you dont like mcdonalds cus if you do you are lieing...everyone likes it! GREASE! yummy....:0) but.... if you are so worried about your pizzas go to trails in buffet at fort wilderness or crocketss tavern in fort wilderness they have them.... sorry to burst your bubble but they need some new stuff guys... :rolleyes:

The Mom

Premium Member
I personally don't care for McDonald's food, but I do have an 8 year old, picky eater, (so was his almost 18 year old sister...she is a vegetarian now but otherwise will eat anything) so it makes it easier for me. I can say, "We'll get you McDonald's for dinner if you eat in Norway( insert any WS restaurant) for lunch."

Al

yes, at least if there is a picky eater in the family, there is always something they can refer 2 which they know they will like.

DisJosh

I dont think I've ever even been there.......Anyone ever been to Momma Melrose in MGM? Now thats some good Italian food.......the grilled pizza is almost as good as mine!

DisJosh

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
I don't like as much. First time I went there the pizza tasted like cardboard but then I heard they got a new Chef and management.

I've been there every trip since my first in 1993 and its been great everytime.....

Originally posted by MrPromey

You know, a lot of people on the boards seem to have a problem with the McDonald's thing.... The reasoning was that if you walked into a McD's anywhere in the world, you would know what to expect. WDW has guests from all over the world and having a McD's there gives people, particularly children, something familiar.... The way I see it, if you don't like them, don't go to them.

We do have a problem with the McDonald's thing because they suck and you expect something unique when you go to Walt Disney World... NOT BLAND AND BORING like McDonald's! Disney is so special because of the fact that it doesn't have "something familiar"----meaning it doesn't have something that you can get just anywhere around the world. Maybe they can come up with something unique like McDonald's no matter which country you visit at World Showcase instead of authentic cuisine----because after all it is "something familiar" that you pathetic McDonald's lovers would enjoy. In fact why don't they take the EPCOT sign off of spaceship Earth and replace it with the golden arches! Get a clue----Disney needs to maintain its uniqueness before it becomes as boring and bland as a McDonald's!!!! :eek: :( :eek:

<SRH>

The whole McDonalds thing boils down to money. McDonalds is a huge sponsor with the parks. I am surprised they have not put their stuff in sooner. It is no different than everyone complaining that they shouldn' t serve Coca-Cola everwhere in the parks. I do agree, I would not want to see McD's everywhere in the parks, but if they have one restaurant or kiosk, that would be ok. I myself prefer the Disney restaurants, especially Norway in Epcot.

<SRH>

Yes. I know a lot of people don't care for it, but I think it is pretty good. I think it is like$12.00 at lunch. Even if you load up, the food is lighter and doesn't sit in you like a rock. I like a lot of the buffet restaurants at WDW not because it is all-you-can-eat, but for the variety.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom