BwanaBob's DL Trip Report

Ok. I didn't realize so many people were interested in my trip to LA last week! Well, it was a first for me, and probably won't be the last. I know that the web-site is mostly WDW, but given the chance to travel to the spot where it all started, it was a real treat for me. In the intrest of keeping it short and sweet, I will refer you to my Photo album, where... quite honestly, thats where everyone wants to start anyways...

There are notes attached to the photos. I took over 500 photos. If you would like further input from a photo or item in question, just ask. Chances are I took more pics of that item, and have a story attached to the pic.

So without any further delay... I will introduce you to my photo album.

Feel free to ask away! Since I'm at WDW every week or so, my experience at DL was unique, and easy to compare the two.

(I'm not gonna get long-winded, as the biggest thing people are interested in anyways are the pics. So... here they are.)

(REMEMBER... PICS ARE IN REVERSE ORDER FROM WHICH THEY WERE UP-LOADED.)

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=9251

Loves and kisses-

BwanaBob :D

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Thanks for sharing.

I agree with you about a chance to visit Mecca.... Whenever I'm travelling in SoCal, I have to stop by for at least a day...and I still remember the first time I got to visit...

BwanaBob

Original Poster
ClemsonTigger said:
Thanks for sharing.

I agree with you about a chance to visit Mecca.... Whenever I'm travelling in SoCal, I have to stop by for at least a day...and I still remember the first time I got to visit...
Tell me about it!.. My DW asked me 'what's wrong??'

Like I'm gonna admit the tear falling from my eye!...

'But sweetie!!... This is where it all started!'

Some people will never understand! :rolleyes: :lookaroun

cherrynegra

Oh, I totally understand the whole tearing up when first seeing DL moment. People either get it, or they don't. We get it and that's all that counts!! Thanks for posting the pics!! Going through them right now!!:wave:

rainfully

BwanaBob

Original Poster
One of these days, i'll get the inside of posting the video.

And YES, Gordon. Only those of us 'in-the-know' fully understand the impact of hearing Walt's voice say: "To all those who come to this happy place, WELCOME!"

rainfully

There is actually video of myself bawling my eyes out when I first arrived... :lookaroun

I didn't know my friend was taping me and I got soooo mad at her when I realized it... :lol:

BwanaBob

Original Poster
rainfully said:
There is actually video of myself bawling my eyes out when I first arrived... :lookaroun

I didn't know my friend was taping me and I got soooo mad at her when I realized it... :lol:
And to think it was just me!

:lol:

:lookaroun

Nice pics.

I've only been to DL once about 7 years ago but it brings it all back.

I love WDW with a passion but DL does hold a special place in my heart.

Hmm, maybe my trip next march should be to CA...

stranger

rainfully said:

But it now makes for a great memory. :)

xfkirsten

Great pics! And I totally understand what you mean about tearing up at Disneyland. On July 17, they played the video of Walt's dedication speech, then played a music video of clips from Disneyland's history, set to Remember When. I'll admit, by the end of it, I openly had tears streaming down my face! 'Course, in a park full of die-hards that day, so did just about everyone else around me. :lol:

tigsmom

Glad you had such a good time. I've never been (and probably will never get there), but I can understand the feelings you are having. Thanks for all the pics! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom