News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Just get some of those giant Mikey gloves and shove them on there, fixed.
Mikey... ............ ................. .................. ...................... ............... ............... ........... ......... ........Mickey...
1548170137808.png
Untitled-1.jpg

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Yes it is very tiring. Someone claims to have proof but never shows it.

I'm with you on the "animatronic wasn't stolen" side from what I've seen so far.

- marni characterized it as an "unauthorized removal" (page 26)
- the insider, Dave Ensign, in a recent interview (page 90) stated that it was taken by WDI without the knowledge of park operations
- the OC Sheriff's office property crime search lists no reports of this type of property crime occurring in the Epcot area in November 2018 (page 81; it is a database that lists reports only and is updated as of the previous business day and is not contingent on investigation status or arrest status, if it was reported stolen in November the only reason it wouldn't be on there now would be if they later determined that it wasn't stolen and recharacterized the report)
- even if you think there is some reason a November theft report would not be included in the database, it makes little sense that the media or someone else wouldn't have been able to go through the proper channels and get a copy of the initial complaint by now. The Orlando area news both reported on and quickly obtained a copy of the police report regarding the August 2018 theft of the red jacket, two rubber hands, and green hat. If that story got their attention, why on earth wouldn't they do the same for the theft of the whole Buzzy character?
- the Disney company itself confirmed the clothing theft to sources that asked about it (page 42), why wouldn't they confirm theft of the animatronic if it was indeed stolen?

TwilightZone

I'm with you on the "animatronic wasn't stolen" side from what I've seen so far.

- marni characterized it as an "unauthorized removal" (page 26)
- the insider, Dave Ensign, in a recent interview (page 90) stated that it was taken by WDI without the knowledge of park operations
- the OC Sheriff's office property crime search lists no reports of this type of property crime occurring in the Epcot area in November 2018 (page 81; it is a database that lists reports only and is updated as of the previous business day and is not contingent on investigation status or arrest status, if it was reported stolen in November the only reason it wouldn't be on there now would be if they later determined that it wasn't stolen and recharacterized the report)
- even if you think there is some reason a November theft report would not be included in the database, it makes little sense that the media or someone else wouldn't have been able to go through the proper channels and get a copy of the initial complaint by now. The Orlando area news both reported on and quickly obtained a copy of the police report regarding the August 2018 theft of the red jacket, two rubber hands, and green hat. If that story got their attention, why on earth wouldn't they do the same for the theft of the whole Buzzy character?
- the Disney company itself confirmed the clothing theft to sources that asked about it (page 42), why wouldn't they confirm theft of the animatronic if it was indeed stolen?
Plus Hoot confirming the animatronic is still in epcot. Plus his story matching marni's.
I trust Hoot, he's been around for a long time.

DeletedAccount55555

Has he put out anything else before? Only thing I knew him to be an “insider” on is the inner workings of Horizons

You're right to criticize others who have quickly assumed he's correct, but at least he's attached his name to this information and given some explanation. If he ends up being wrong, that means he should be forced to own up to it.

People are rushing to accept it as fact because A) It's a plausible explanation and B) It lines up with Martin's "unauthorized removal" statement.

It's a lot more plausible than the idea that after Buzzy's clothes were stolen in August, Disney reported it, then allowed security to become so lax again that the ENTIRE AA was stolen months later. That theft would've been hard enough to pull off without any increased scrutiny on that part of WoL.

The initial claim that the full Buzzy AA was stolen seems to trace back to you, repeating what you heard from BackDoorDisney. My guess is places like the site which will not be named used that info to report that it was stolen without having any source of their own--not wanting to beaten on such a major story if it were true--and have just dug in rather than admitting they don't know.

Thus giving the world the demonic hellscape that is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom