News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPCOTServo21

After talking to some friends in Entertainment Tech (ones who stay on Mickey’s good side, ha) they said in order for him to get into Pirates as he did “for work”, they were adamant that he likely lied to the Engineers and mechanics there and pretended to be someone who needed to be there. And, with him dressing up and looking the part, he obviously got let in. They were thankful he’s been caught, he’s caused a big headache for multiple areas of the company.

Good2Go

After talking to some friends in Entertainment Tech (ones who stay on Mickey’s good side, ha) they said in order for him to get into Pirates as he did “for work”, they were adamant that he likely lied to the Engineers and mechanics there and pretended to be someone who needed to be there. And, with him dressing up and looking the part, he obviously got let in. They were thankful he’s been caught, he’s caused a big headache for multiple areas of the company.
Heard his little stunt in GMR potentially had someone fired

OG Runner

Let me preface my question, with the fact that I think what this person was doing was reckless, stupid and illegal. I am wondering though
what headaches was this causing? I can see people being in trouble for letting it happen, but what headaches did he cause? (sorry, I repeat.)

EPCOTServo21

Let me preface my question, with the fact that I think what this person was doing was reckless, stupid and illegal. I am wondering though
what headaches was this causing? I can see people being in trouble for letting it happen, but what headaches did he cause? (sorry, I repeat.)
Other innocent cast members getting in trouble/reprimanded for believing he was supposed to be in the places he said and leading him around (like Pirates, and I’m sure elsewhere too). Security/Police and him accessing areas he shouldn’t be in, some areas are clearly a bit dangerous to go poking around backstage of some rides with moving machinery and parts. Though he’s done this less, at least from what he’s shared so far, that’s not to say he hasn’t explored more off limits areas. Just by releasing backstage photos and once secret manuals from maintenance, that stuff are things the company would obviously not want shown around publicly. They like to keep secrets for a reason, not just for fun. I’m sure theres more ways.

ppete1975

Other innocent cast members getting in trouble/reprimanded for believing he was supposed to be in the places he said and leading him around (like Pirates, and I’m sure elsewhere too). Security/Police and him accessing areas he shouldn’t be in, some areas are clearly a bit dangerous to go poking around backstage of some rides with moving machinery and parts. Though he’s done this less, at least from what he’s shared so far, that’s not to say he hasn’t explored more off limits areas. Just by releasing backstage photos and once secret manuals from maintenance, that stuff are things the company would obviously not want shown around publicly. They like to keep secrets for a reason, not just for fun. I’m sure theres more ways.
for one it shows how "secure" Disney is... especially matt sonswas big thunder railroad. Also just makes Disney look stupid, that just anybody can just walk around "secure areas".

Good2Go

Don’t believe this idiots lies!!! He bragged about stealing to CMs which is how the investigation started. He worked at studios on the Pyrotechnician team and apparently at fantasmic..... how do you think he was able to get into these locations at studios like GMR and Club 33.. those CMs work on those rooftops everyday loading fireworks you can see them if you watch. This wasn’t only investigation against him. Apparently he was being investigated for sexual harassment too and he quit smh if calling in because you knew you were busted until company terminated you Coward. I’m sure Disney didn’t care about the resisting arrest charge I’m sure they wanted more than just a little misdemeanor charge on you so enjoy that butter beer BDD.

OG Runner

Thank you, those are definite headaches. It does show a definite need for the company to upgrade their security practices. Someone
should prove they belong in an area, before you allow them into. Have a way to confirm the information. Take time to lock a door or
two and then checking to make sure they are locked. All in all put procedures into force to make sure you don't come out looking like
the Keystone Cops. (yes, it is an old reference. look it up.)

Goofyernmost

Thank you, those are definite headaches. It does show a definite need for the company to upgrade their security practices. Someone
should prove they belong in an area, before you allow them into. Have a way to confirm the information. Take time to lock a door or
two and then checking to make sure they are locked. All in all put procedures into force to make sure you don't come out looking like
the Keystone Cops. (yes, it is an old reference. look it up.)
You are probably right, but, instead of blaming Disney for lack of significant security and in affect saying... hey, it's their fault for trusting that most people are honest and respectful of private property, how about putting the fault where it belongs. It's square in the shoulders of someone that feels that rules, rights of others and civil behavior do not apply to him. After all, he is just an explorer.

If that in indeed what he wants to do, how, about heading for the Amazon (the location not the business) and find some lost civilizations or new unexplored rain forests or rivers and lakes that have yet to be mapped. The trespass laws exist to protect all of us from having to deal with irresponsible people. Bottom line, if he wants Disney "off his A**" stay the hell off Disney Property. Whether we think that what he is doing is bad or not, think about how you would like some stranger in your backyard going through your trash barrel looking to see what you are hiding and when they find the dirty underwear decide to share the photo to the world.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Also just makes Disney look stupid, that just anybody can just walk around "secure areas".
I don't think it's "stupid" to expect people to behave like adults. But there's always one or two who will prove you wrong.

And if someone wants to enter the annual Darwin award competition by jumping barriers and climbing roller coaster structures, who am I to judge them... gravity and physics are far harsher judges than I could ever be.

OG Runner

You are probably right, but, instead of blaming Disney for lack of significant security and in affect saying... hey, it's their fault for trusting that most people are honest and respectful of private property, how about putting the fault where it belongs. It's square in the shoulders of someone that feels that rules, rights of others and civil behavior do not apply to him. After all, he is just an explorer.

If that in indeed what he wants to do, how, about heading for the Amazon (the location not the business) and find some lost civilizations or new unexplored rain forests or rivers and lakes that have yet to be mapped. The trespass laws exist to protect all of us from having to deal with irresponsible people. Bottom line, if he wants Disney "off his A**" stay the hell off Disney Property. Whether we think that what he is doing is bad or not, think about how you would like some stranger in your backyard going through your trash barrel looking to see what you are hiding and when they find the dirty underwear decide to share the photo to the world.

I agree with you. If you note, it the question I had about the "headaches" caused by this activity. I noted that I consider it to
be stupid, reckless and illegal.

DeletedAccount55555

Can someone catch me up? Stolen or not? Recovered or not?

Still the same as it was the past few weeks: There's no hard evidence the full Buzzy AA figure was stolen.

Martin says "unauthorized removal." Other sites, without naming sources or giving much of an explanation, are asserting the full AA was stolen in a separate incident from the theft of his clothes, which occurred in August and was reported to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

And obviously, we can't say whether Buzzy has been recovered if there's no proof that he was stolen. There's nothing indicating that his clothes have been recovered.

nyrebel3

Thank you, those are definite headaches. It does show a definite need for the company to upgrade their security practices. Someone should prove they belong in an area, before you allow them into. Have a way to confirm the information. Take time to lock a door or two and then checking to make sure they are locked. All in all put procedures into force to make sure you don't come out looking like the Keystone Cops. (yes, it is an old reference. look it up.)

You are asking for something that in practice is impossible to enforce. I work in a building with 3,000 employees and my employer requires a photo badge with prox card for entrances. It would be easy for someone to “tailgate” a group of people into the building without having to use a prox card reader. I don’t know everyone that works in the building and am not going to question everyone at the door as to whether they belong. I will look for a badge. But if he still has a badge, dresses the part and acts like he knows where he is going – getting initial access is easy.

I bet every one of us can go to our place of work and find a door that doesn’t close all the way or has been inadvertently left unlocked. I will also guess that none of us (myself included) has reported that or even knows who to report it to. I can’t imagine a front line employee at Disney would know how to get something corrected. It would be far easier to just let someone else deal with it – not my problem!

The thought that many have put forth is UrbanEx is a victimless crime. Well now there is a potential victim – the poor person who (maybe) got fired from the GMR. What’s the next excuse?

montyz81

Still the same as it was the past few weeks: There's no hard evidence the full Buzzy AA figure was stolen.

Martin says "unauthorized removal." Other sites, without naming sources or giving much of an explanation, are asserting the full AA was stolen in a separate incident from the theft of his clothes, which occurred in August and was reported to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

And obviously, we can't say whether Buzzy has been recovered if there's no proof that he was stolen. There's nothing indicating that his clothes have been recovered.
Thank you!

splashtest

Don’t believe this idiots lies!!! He bragged about stealing to CMs which is how the investigation started. He worked at studios on the Pyrotechnician team and apparently at fantasmic..... how do you think he was able to get into these locations at studios like GMR and Club 33.. those CMs work on those rooftops everyday loading fireworks you can see them if you watch. This wasn’t only investigation against him. Apparently he was being investigated for sexual harassment too and he quit smh if calling in because you knew you were busted until company terminated you Coward. I’m sure Disney didn’t care about the resisting arrest charge I’m sure they wanted more than just a little misdemeanor charge on you so enjoy that butter beer BDD.

Wow he sounds like a dream!

HMFan999

You are asking for something that in practice is impossible to enforce. I work in a building with 3,000 employees and my employer requires a photo badge with prox card for entrances. It would be easy for someone to “tailgate” a group of people into the building without having to use a prox card reader. I don’t know everyone that works in the building and am not going to question everyone at the door as to whether they belong. I will look for a badge. But if he still has a badge, dresses the part and acts like he knows where he is going – getting initial access is easy.

I bet every one of us can go to our place of work and find a door that doesn’t close all the way or has been inadvertently left unlocked. I will also guess that none of us (myself included) has reported that or even knows who to report it to. I can’t imagine a front line employee at Disney would know how to get something corrected. It would be far easier to just let someone else deal with it – not my problem!

The thought that many have put forth is UrbanEx is a victimless crime. Well now there is a potential victim – the poor person who (maybe) got fired from the GMR. What’s the next excuse?
While you are correct on many points, I do want to stress that back stage security is part of CM training. We were told to always be mindful of other people backstage and that we were expected to ask for CM ID if it was not immediately visible on someone. That being said, it would be extremely easy to blend in backstage if you know how. Any CM past or present could likely do it with very little effort.

EPCOTServo21

While you are correct on many points, I do want to stress that back stage security is part of CM training. We were told to always be mindful of other people backstage and that we were expected to ask for CM ID if it was not immediately visible on someone. That being said, it would be extremely easy to blend in backstage if you know how. Any CM past or present could likely do it with very little effort.
This is exactly where him looking the part (hi-vis vest, business clothes, CM ID on lanyard) worked for him. And his time with Disney, however long, allowed him to see where things are, scope things out, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom