News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

James J

In the Parks
No
Sorry, Disney has "Gone Green" meaning NO BAGS FOR YOU!

However you can BUY a bag to carry your purchases for $1.00. So, what Disney means by saying they went green means this kind of Green: (at YOUR expense)

View attachment 338585

In the UK you have to pay for a bag in any store you make a purchase at. It's meant to encourage people to re-use and recycle. So in a way, Disney are behind with this ;)

Bleed0range

Very solid point.

Yeah, I don’t think it’s really right or can be justified in any way for some guy to start climbing all over the actual open rides at WDW. That’s just straight up trespassing and potentially putting others in danger like mentioned.

Children ride these rides and this guy doesn’t think about things like that. Nor does he care. He’s a kid who thinks nothing bad can happen to him. The kind of guy who drives without insurance, which he admitted to. What if he got in an accident and there was a little 5 year old in the car injured and he has no insurance to cover their bodily injuries. Punks like this guy don’t think about that and don’t care.

I know a lot of you are really into this urban exploration stuff. It was fine when it was in actually deserted areas or the person didn’t actually mess with the stuff. But he goes too far. Climbing all over Cranium Command, etc. It should be a look don’t touch sort of scenario for the most part.

I personally think he should be in jail if he keeps this up. And sooner or later he’s gonna get some heavier consequences that are gonna jack up his life. Just getting caught driving without insurance could get your license suspended, which makes your auto insurance more expensive or impossible to get... could affect your ability to afford to drive at all.

Again, this guy doesn’t care or think about these things. Wayyyy too many people seem to idolize him. What he doesn’t get is, when he finally messes up his life real good... none of those people are gonna care beyond a shrug.

Bleed0range

Just watched Matt' s video so I could click on dislike now I am wishing I had not because I gave him another view on his search for publicity

I just can’t stand the guy. Even the plane video was too much, just because it’s in the back area doesn’t mean it’s “abandoned.” It’s a piece of history and this guy is mucking about. He could have broken the door or something. Walt Disney himself walked through that doorway. This fool doesn’t respect the place he is trespassing and he doesn’t respect its history. He just wants YouTube views.

At least if he ever said anything that sounded like he had any real love for the place I could give him SOME modicum of respect.

draybook

Yeah, I don’t think it’s really right or can be justified in any way for some guy to start climbing all over the actual open rides at WDW. That’s just straight up trespassing and potentially putting others in danger like mentioned.

Children ride these rides and this guy doesn’t think about things like that. Nor does he care. He’s a kid who thinks nothing bad can happen to him. The kind of guy who drives without insurance, which he admitted to. What if he got in an accident and there was a little 5 year old in the car injured and he has no insurance to cover their bodily injuries. Punks like this guy don’t think about that and don’t care.

I know a lot of you are really into this urban exploration stuff. It was fine when it was in actually deserted areas or the person didn’t actually mess with the stuff. But he goes too far. Climbing all over Cranium Command, etc. It should be a look don’t touch sort of scenario for the most part.

I personally think he should be in jail if he keeps this up. And sooner or later he’s gonna get some heavier consequences that are gonna jack up his life. Just getting caught driving without insurance could get your license suspended, which makes your auto insurance more expensive or impossible to get... could affect your ability to afford to drive at all.

Again, this guy doesn’t care or think about these things. Wayyyy too many people seem to idolize him. What he doesn’t get is, when he finally messes up his life real good... none of those people are gonna care beyond a shrug.

He's already been arrested and I guarantee it's going to happen again. Personally, I wouldn't have uploaded the video of BTMRR, regardless of who took it.

My95cobras

Calm down, sparky. I never equated this guy to Dan Rather or Audie Murphy. There's a difference between courage and nerve. Whoever took this video had nerve. It didn't put anyone in jeopardy except for himself. And if he gets hurt or killed, I'm assuming that all of us will continue working, paying bills and moving on with life. Could you be more dramatic about this?

Until first responders and/or security have to get him down. You look at things one way and don’t consider consequences. So I’ll continue to have spark and you can look at things that negatively affect others and praise them.

Next Big Thing

This is silly. The attraction ceased operation on January 1st, 2007. There hasn't been any further development of the characters in print or film in fact you could argue that other treatments such as Inside Out have supplanted them. Only the OCD would be even remotely interested in a limited articulated puppet or its constituent parts.

Criminal trespass and thievery should be prosecuted. If it doesnt belong to you, leave it alone. If you are somewhere you shouldnt be, leave.
You make the point the show closed on January 1, 2007. So why then, was it still sitting there rotting until someone stole it at the end of 2018? I get it's a criminal offense what happened here, but maybe this will teach Disney to not just let things sit abandoned for over a decade. And also ramp up security because they are majorly at fault here.

Movielover

but maybe this will teach Disney to not just let things sit abandoned for over a decade.

It is Disney's property, they can do with it whatever the heck they want. Just because it is a beloved AA that was part of a fantastic show doesn't mean that the public has any say in what Disney does with it. At my house I just recently bought a new PC. I moved my old PC which I used for many years as a gaming computer and have had countless hours of entertainment on into a corner of my office. Now that PC was great but it doesn't give anyone the right to break into my home and take it just because I'm not using it anymore.

And also ramp up security because they are majorly at fault here.

WDW is about 25,000 acers, I can't imagine what the size of their security force is already, but to properlly secure every single place around the clock would be insane! Not really trying to argue here but if people didn't go backstage this wouldn't be a issue.

Next Big Thing

It is Disney's property, they can do with it whatever the heck they want. Just because it is a beloved AA that was part of a fantastic show doesn't mean that the public has any say in what Disney does with it. At my house I just recently bought a new PC. I moved my old PC which I used for many years as a gaming computer and have had countless hours of entertainment on into a corner of my office. Now that PC was great but it doesn't give anyone the right to break into my home and take it just because I'm not using it anymore.
I'm not saying anyone should be stealing Animatronics or anything for that matter. But the point is, you let something sit idle for long enough and with a fan community and growing urbex community, Disney should've moved faster to get Buzzy out of there if they never planned on using him again. They've had 12 years so forgive me if I feel like they should've had more respect for their property and their history.

Again, it gives no one the right to steal it, but they also shouldn't have left him just sitting there for so long. If they had acted the way you'd expect a company to act regarding something like this, Buzzy wouldn't have been there for anyone to steal.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Nope, everything in the back of your drawers or sitting high on a shelf in your closet is fair game. If you didn't want it stolen, you would have transferred your belongings to a secure vault. You only have yourself to blame!!

Last edited:

Movielover

Nope, everything the back of your drawers or sitting high on a shelf in your closet is fair game. If you didn't want it stolen, you would have transferred your belongings to a secure vault. You only have yourself to blame!!

Of course I have much better security than Disney... Mountains of unwashed dirty laundry!!!

Nobody's getting close to that sucker!

draybook

WDW is about 25,000 acers, I can't imagine what the size of their security force is already, but to properlly secure every single place around the clock would be insane! Not really trying to argue here but if people didn't go backstage this wouldn't be a issue.

Well, they could take half of those security guards who stand around at the bag checks doing nothing and have them perform perimeter sweeps. Yeah, they'd lose out on rummaging through our baby bottles and opening our powder containers as if they contained C4, but it might stop these guys from doing stupid things like gaining unauthorized access.

/edit to add that I absolutely agree with you and others that this isn't Disney's fault that people can't obey the rules. I am one of the rule followers. I'm simply saying that Disney is lacking in being proactive about issues they know are happening or will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom