News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMFan999

It’s amazing what you can get access to if you just ask. I was a CM at the time. I’m sure it would be a lot more difficult to get in otherwise. I’ve seen so many interesting places throughout WDW, by either setting up tours or asking. I even drove right into the studio lot in Burbank, couldn’t believe they just let me right in.
I need to hang out with you. I'd kill to see some of that.

Bairstow

Well it is said he had pictures of the clothes in his car or up for sale on his phone so if he didn't take them he is dealing in stolen property.
We're sure this is the relevant narrative and that the "merchandise" it refers to are animatronic components?

IMG-20190103-190447.jpg

Bairstow

I'd say the $8000 value points to it. That would be a whole lot of Mickey ears otherwise.
Or jewelry, or Xboxes, or whatever.
The reason I ask is because there's no specifics in these documents as to the type of "merchandise" involved, and unless I'm missing something, no reference to the Walt Disney Company as the alleged victim.

s8film40

The reason I ask is because there's no specifics in these documents as to the type of "merchandise" involved, and unless I'm missing something, no reference to the Walt Disney Company as the alleged victim.
There was a separate incident report that listed the items of clothing and hands I believe. That seems like it's probably consistent with $8000 amount.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member

I think $8k is what the kid sold the clothes for to some collector, I read elsewhere that the report filed by Disney valued the clothes and hands at $600 if I remember correctly. Some people will pay a lot for a little, I don’t think *this* report was referring to any stolen machinery (not that there couldn’t be another one out there somewhere we haven’t seen yet).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think $8k is what the kid sold the clothes for to some collector, I read elsewhere that the report filed by Disney valued the clothes and hands at $600 if I remember correctly. Some people will pay a lot for a little, I don’t think *this* report was referring to any stolen machinery (not that there couldn’t be another one out there somewhere we haven’t seen yet).

I think $600 is more of a replacement cost to custom make the clothes and glove.

SLUSHIE

Where did the $600 value come from? It's possible they still have all the molds and patterns, but I think you are all grossly under estimating the labor cost involved to make something like that. Say it took one person a day to make all of that (unlikely) at a modest rate of $40 per hour, that's already over $300.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I think $600 is more of a replacement cost to custom make the clothes and glove.

That’s what I figured too, either replacement or some sort of depreciated asset value (not factoring collectible value, which they may have some tax incentive not to do).

Where did the $600 value come from? It's possible they still have all the molds and patterns, but I think you are all grossly under estimating the labor cost involved to make something like that. Say it took one person a day to make all of that (unlikely) at a modest rate of $40 per hour, that's already over $300.

Here’s a link to one local news source that mentions $600: https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando...items-stolen-suspect-facing-unrelated-charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom