News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Urbex is trespassing. And it's illegal. And ubexers should suffer some sort of criminal punishment.

All without it being burglary.

But we do have at least one case in which an urbexer was also either a burgler or trading in or abetting burgled goods.

Folks like to muddy the waters to meet their own narrative. Trespassing is still illegal no matter what the purpose or intentions. Thier vlogs or pictorials are just evidence of criminal activity.

Wdwsince86

Folks like to muddy the waters to meet their own narrative. Trespassing is still illegal no matter what the purpose or intentions. Thier vlogs or pictorials are just evidence of criminal activity.
Yes, it is illegal.. but all laws are not equal... therefor all law breakers are not equal. There’s a difference between theft, where there is a victim, and trespassing, where there is not. Just because something is illegal does not mean it is immoral and just because something is legal does not mean it is moral.

peter11435

Yes, it is illegal.. but all laws are not equal... therefor all law breakers are not equal. There’s a difference between theft, where there is a victim, and trespassing, where there is not. Just because something is illegal does not mean it is immoral and just because something is legal does not mean it is moral.
There can still be a victim in trespassing cases.

Not all crimes are equal. That’s why we have various degrees of punishments that are designed to fit the crime.

But it’s still illegal.

TheIndoorKid

So it's chill to you if someone urban explores your home as long as they don't burgle you? Is that correct?

Technically, the Disney company as a whole is the victim of a crime when someone trespasses, so it's not as victimless as you're trying to make it sound.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Your categorical syllogism falls on deaf ears. We're not talking morals, we're discussing the legal standard of trespassing. If you are somewhere not designated as a guest area in Walt Disney World (nee Reedy Creek), you are trespassing and subject to prosecution no matter how morally superior you assume you are based on your intentions.

LukeS7

Nah, where the immoral part comes in is where they knowingly commit a crime and then the one time they're caught they whine and complain that they did nothing wrong. I've trespassed before while doing photography (abandoned factory, several farm fields, abandoned house, etc.), but not once did I go into it without previously preparing myself for the consequences if I was caught.

Seabasealpha1

As much as I’d like to agree with some of you and condemn trespassers as “horrible people” the knowledge they’re passing along is invaluable. Don’t believe me? Ever read the “Mesa Verde Times” blog? Hoot and Chief were documenting the state and details of Horizons well before social media/YouTube. The information that they were able to collect is now available. Was it wrong to trespass? Sure. Did any good come of it? I think so.

Now theft of items/articles is far different. That’s a definite non starter for me.

Like this MattSonswa dude on YouTube. Do I think he’s terribly bright? Nope. Did I notice that buzzy was missing his hand coverings? Yep. Did we get to see the mostly current state of an attraction? Uh yeah. There were some glimpses of how this stuff works/used to work.

I for one don’t advocate trespassing. I sure ain’t ok with theft. However, the day is coming where there’ll be nothing left to reference and nothing left to see. I’m not for committing crimes or letting loose company secrets, but if that knowledge is available and I don’t have to be trespassed for it, then I’m grateful to an extent...as I think we’ll all be in several years when someone references Cranium command or builds an online simulation...

I’m just reluctant to write off the value of some of this kinda thing. I’m a Disney fan through and through, but I’m not blindly loyal and I don’t drink the kool-aid. If some dope wants to trespass and share the wealth, who am I to judge? I ain’t gonna do it!

My95cobras

You can not prosecute trespassing in the state of Florida without a victim.

KimAnnFran

How does Disney GAIN money from Buzzy just sitting there in the dark with a spotlight on him? I know that post part is old but what would they gain from leaving Buzzy in that area unattended?

Also, am I to surmise that it has turned into a big case of theft? Or . . .

KimAnnFran

They don’t gain money. The point is that it would COST money to remove.
Thank you for that. So they only GAIN money by not spending it to take it away.
It's sad, though, on a lot of levels. There are hundreds of thousands of travelers that have never seen WDW and EPCOT. Why not just leave the attractions up and expand to accommodate the crowds? Just wondering about that....it would have KEPT me at EPCOT if we still had Horizons and the like.

draybook

So it's chill to you if someone urban explores your home as long as they don't burgle you? Is that correct?

Technically, the Disney company as a whole is the victim of a crime when someone trespasses, so it's not as victimless as you're trying to make it sound.

Not to defend the trespasser(s) in this case, but that's not really a fair comparison. I'm smart enough to keep my house locked and unavailable to urban explorers. Apparently, Disney isn't. Not even after numerous explorations to the same location.

Which brings me to something that I've been thinking about since this happened.

You guys know how I'm a part of the crowd that labels the entry point security as 'theater' and just for show? Yeah, so how is it that they said something about us having glass baby food jars this past October yet somebody was able to waltz backstage and at the very least take prop clothing, if not an entire animatronic. Whew, good thing they have that top notch security. I mean seriously, with all of the cameras and personnel, how does one gain entry to these places without being noticed in the first place? I get looked at sideways if they think my foot is beyond the parade rope boundary...

And on top of this case, we're about to see a video where someone is gaining unauthorized access not just to the Magic Kingdom but an attraction by foot. I personally think that these things are going to change the way that Disney handles their security procedures. They'd be daft not to.

Thelazer

You guys know how I'm a part of the crowd that labels the entry point security as 'theater' and just for show? Yeah, so how is it that they said something about us having glass baby food jars this past October yet somebody was able to waltz backstage and at the very least take prop clothing, if not an entire animatronic. Whew, good thing they have that top notch security.

I say that to myself every time we go into the park.. and I watch the "Theater" show live...

KimAnnFran

Not to defend the trespasser(s) in this case, but that's not really a fair comparison. I'm smart enough to keep my house locked and unavailable to urban explorers. Apparently, Disney isn't. Not even after numerous explorations to the same location.

You guys know how I'm a part of the crowd that labels the entry point security as 'theater' and just for show? Yeah, so how is it that they said something about us having glass baby food jars this past October yet somebody was able to waltz backstage and at the very least take prop clothing, if not an entire animatronic. Whew, good thing they have that top notch security. I mean seriously, with all of the cameras and personnel, how does one gain entry to these places without being noticed in the first place? I get looked at sideways if they think my foot is beyond the parade rope boundary...

And on top of this case, we're about to see a video where someone is gaining unauthorized access not just to the Magic Kingdom but an attraction by foot. I personally think that these things are going to change the way that Disney handles their security procedures. They'd be daft not to.

Is it possible someone stole the clothing and then it was moved because it was unclothed?
The animatron has to be really heavy.

gustaftp

Urban explorers don't hit homes that people live in. Pretty much everyone in the community considers that to be beyond the pale.

Urban exploration is more about abandoned spaces, caves, rooftops, etc. Not about people's homes. So tired of hearing that downright dishonest comparison which is almost as bad as equating urbex with rape. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom