News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkfam

I can't understand how people think Disney would hastily remove an animatronic resulting in a mess of wires and everything else we're led to believe about the scene. Disney controls the park. They control the building. If they were concerned something that valuable was at risk they should have assigned a security guard to the room. Or changed the locks to the building. Each which cost very little compared to the value of Buzzy and both which make much more sense than hacksawing out an expensive piece of equipment.

Then again if I'm wrong them I'm as dumb as Disney would be knowing that they knew BDD and friends were getting into places they shouldn't and even if they didn't believe there was a risk of theft they should have at least worried about damage or an accident that resulted in a lawsuit.

trainplane3

I can't understand how people think Disney would hastily remove an animatronic resulting in a mess of wires and everything else we're led to believe about the scene. Disney controls the park. They control the building. If they were concerned something that valuable was at risk they should have assigned a security guard to the room. Or changed the locks to the building. Each which cost very little compared to the value of Buzzy and both which make much more sense than hacksawing out an expensive piece of equipment.

Then again if I'm wrong them I'm as dumb as Disney would be knowing that they knew BDD and friends were getting into places they shouldn't and even if they didn't believe there was a risk of theft they should have at least worried about damage or an accident that resulted in a lawsuit.
*Lock the park facing doors in the first place.

DreamfinderGuy

It just doesn’t seem fun to own something you can’t show anyone or tell anyone about it. But I guess they can open up their secret closet vault and take a peek every now and then...
Must be fun for whoever owns Buzzy too. Knowing that they can't tell or show it to anyone, and that OCSO could burst through their door at any given moment

Goofyernmost

What value might that be? Whether good old Buzzy was sitting there in his perch like that for the past 12 years or archived, there is no value unless someone is willing to pay it and/or Disney is willing to sell it. If Disney had attached any monetary value to it, believe me it would have been behind locked doors 12 years ago. Sentimental is one thing, but, people that operate Theme parks that require replacing old with new cannot have the luxury of sentiment unless they see a huge financial gain. The only guaranteed value it has is what they can get for scrap iron unless they are willing to sell it. Which apparently they were not. But, we have no idea what happened to it, and I will bet that we never will. If we do, I will be completely surprised.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And, again I ask, if they were investigating a missing AA why were only the clothes mentioned in the police report?

Because the theft of the AA itself could be a separate investigation with a different or unknown suspect because it seems the clothes were stolen much earlier and the AA stolen more recently (allegedly).

But, for the clothes, they have evidence and are pursuing that and paperwork is being filed.

Don't know why there isn't at least a report of a stolen AA yet. Just a wild possibility: it was stolen not by an UrbanEx, but by an employee and WDW is following their own leads for now. Another possibility: A police report was filed but is kept under wraps so as not to alert the black market that they're being watched.

Wdwsince86

Because the theft of the AA itself could be a separate investigation with a different or unknown suspect because it seems the clothes were stolen much earlier and the AA stolen more recently (allegedly).

But, for the clothes, they have evidence and are pursuing that and paperwork is being filed.

Don't know why there isn't at least a report of a stolen AA yet. Just a wild possibility: it was stolen not by an UrbanEx, but by an employee and WDW is following their own leads for now. Another possibility: A police report was filed but is kept under wraps so as not to alert the black market that they're being watched.
Wouldn’t the black market already be on alert? At this point they have to know disney knows (if indeed it was stolen) and at least assume the police are on it... just the fact that they’re investigating the clothes would put them on alert.

flynnibus

Premium Member
*Lock the park facing doors in the first place.

Staff go in and out of the facility through those doors (the lounge area is a working office space) and they are big sliding doors not intended for badge access/etc. Even when the main hall isn't used for an activity, there is activity going on in the building and they use access to the park entrance.

Most doors on-stage are NOT locked.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Facts are usually supported by evidence.

And not all information is public - and in those cases, you can either
1) Decide to evaluate the credibility of the source yourself and decide what you think of the claim
or
2) Keep repeating yourself forever hoping to get something that will not happen (and everyone knows it) and make yourself look like a fool in the process

The choice is yours...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom