News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheekylittlerobot

This is silly. The attraction ceased operation on January 1st, 2007. There hasn't been any further development of the characters in print or film in fact you could argue that other treatments such as Inside Out have supplanted them. Only the OCD would be even remotely interested in a limited articulated puppet or its constituent parts.

Criminal trespass and thievery should be prosecuted. If it doesnt belong to you, leave it alone. If you are somewhere you shouldnt be, leave.
Call me OCD then.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
My question is how many of these kids were even alive / conscious when WoL was debuted or relevant because I bet the answer is “not many”. I think most people above the age of 30s response to this is “oh? Too bad it wasn’t jack sparrow”
I am 20, and I spent hours and hours in Wonders of Life when I was little. It was my dad's favorite place to be because it was quiet, large, air conditioned, had a cafe, and multiple attractions to let me and my sister just run around. I would watch Cranium Command on a loop. It was my favorite childhood attraction. I must have watched it at least 50 times. We spent half of every Epcot day in this building.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Not Without My Buzzy!

1546214992624.png

It could work........................

Creathir

I am 20, and I spent hours and hours in Wonders of Life when I was little. It was my dad's favorite place to be because it was quiet, large, air conditioned, had a cafe, and multiple attractions to let me and my sister just run around. I would watch Cranium Command on a loop. It was my favorite childhood attraction. I must have watched it at least 50 times. We spent half of every Epcot day in this building.
Ahhh... so you're the one who took him...

"It puts the lotion on it's skin, or else it gets the hose again."

In all seriousness, isn't that amazing how a single place such as Walt Disney World can have such a meaningful impact on our lives?
That's truly what makes it so special, and why so many of us grow concerned with the it losing those special qualities thru closures, re-skinning of attractions, and general neglect by management. So glad you got to experience and create such wonderful memories of Wonders of Life before it became a wine bazaar.

Dragonman

Does anyone know what that abandoned unrolled roll of film sitting in a bucket in the maintenance area is ? It's probably too far gone to be worth saving with the water damage

ppete1975

I'm questioning whether the member you quoted is the same person that was spamming this thread Christmas night. That account got banned so it wouldn't surprise me.
Theres alot of “new” members in this conversation. I just got irritated at the self entitlement and calling martin “that guy”. Every board has members to be trusted be it disney, home repairs, ford mustangs or wood working. And those members should be respected.

MotherOfBirds

That's not what I said. I said that when and if the full story comes out, that is what I think will be anticlimactic and boring. No one killed anyone, they still haven't even admitted publicly that they are investigation the theft of an AA, only the clothing. I'm sure some oddity happened, but, it really is hard to care about from an emotional point of view for me. Others mileage may vary, but, I still think that I am entitled to my opinion about it. Why does everyone get upset when I place it in a different light. You don't have to believe my opinion, just let it go.

Bottom line is that I don't really care if Buzzy is missing or not. He has been out of public sight for years now. I don't care about the breach of security, because it has been obvious that Disney has not cared enough about that AA to either remove it from the building and archive it or pay for additional security to make sure no one goes in that area that isn't supposed to be there. How many times has this shown up on You Tube by different people. Disney doesn't care, why should we?

Then I wonder why you feel compelled to continue posting in this thread. You are more than welcome to ignore it and read others that are more interesting to you rather than trying to convince those of us who care that they shouldn't. You have made your feelings on the matter exceptionally clear. You have been heard. Many of us do not feel the same and would rather discuss it without someone interjecting every page to remind us how much he doesn't care and how asinine he believes it is. This is an interesting little bit of drama during a very dry period for News & Rumors. If you're bored, I'd suggesting seeing Spiderverse. It was very good.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Theres alot of “new” members in this conversation. I just got irritated at the self entitlement and calling martin “that guy”. Every board has members to be trusted be it disney, home repairs, ford mustangs or wood working. And those members should be respected.
As someone who has had different opinions with Martin in the past on extreme levels that got out of hand (which honestly went nowhere on either side anyways), I have to agree that there is a fine line between 'I disagree with you' and 'Your facts are bogus and you are not credit worthy.' To any new members who try to discredit of all users, Martin, ya'll need some help. Trust those who have been on this site for so long. They know what they're talking about. (Except me. Give me another 8 years. I was basically 12 when I joined.)

As for this Buzzy news... I am emotionally devastated and broken, by what has been delivered so far. Cranium Command is possibly the strongest childhood memory I hold in my heart. From the time my dad actually acted like a dad and watched the show with me, to the times I would run around and watch the show repeatedly hearing a cast member go "You're back again?? Looks like you've got the whole theatre to yourself again!" I remember every line, every character, everything about this show. And I'm actually on the verge of tears that an important, phyiscal animatronic from this attraction is now missing. I've honestly lived for the day I could see the figure in person again. It would mean so much to me.

Goofyernmost

Then I wonder why you feel compelled to continue posting in this thread. You are more than welcome to ignore it and read others that are more interesting to you rather than trying to convince those of us who care that they shouldn't. You have made your feelings on the matter exceptionally clear. You have been heard. Many of us do not feel the same and would rather discuss it without someone interjecting every page to remind us how much he doesn't care and how asinine he believes it is. This is an interesting little bit of drama during a very dry period for News & Rumors. If you're bored, I'd suggesting seeing Spiderverse. It was very good.
Simple, I'm trying to figure out the reason for the misplaced concern about a missing piece of scrap metal. It doesn't seem worthy of all that concern. It seems more like, OK, I'll say it, gossiping about an imagined personality. In that process I have stated how I feel about it. Which is with very little concern and so far I have been called a Troll and other things and have been told that I shouldn't participate because my power of reason cannot grasp the curiosity. Besides I have yet to hear one single argument for why this is all that important. But, I also said I was going to leave the discussion so all you folks that agree with each other can have a rousing, if not endless and non-sensible discussion.

Also because people like yourself feel compelled to post negative, mean spirited comments about me that have no bearing on anything and basically force me to defend my opinions about things that you have no right to challenge. If you guys stop feeling the need for self-righteousness, I will stop feeling the need to reply. I never meant it to be more then the one post anyway, but, if you people need to constantly attempt to control my rights to have a different opinion and you are not strong enough to just ignore it and feel confident in your own opinions then there will be this type of back and forth. I will not be forced to stop defending myself when attacked. You can count on that. So how about a lot less concern about how I feel about the demise of a duplicatable piece of machinery and just express your opinion and move on. I'm certainly not really concerned about changing your minds, just more in trying to understand it.

Last edited:

DreamfinderGuy

Does anyone know what that abandoned unrolled roll of film sitting in a bucket in the maintenance area is ? It's probably too far gone to be worth saving with the water damage
I *think* it's from one of the eyes, but I could be wrong. I've never personally been back there (or through any of Wonders beyond the dome) to check, nor have I seen pictures. It's speculation and word of mouth.

MickeyMinnieMom

It's not every day that you have both ends of the spectrum in a discussion in consecutive posts...
As for this Buzzy news... I am emotionally devastated and broken, by what has been delivered so far.
I'm trying to figure out the reason for the misplaced concern about a missing piece of scrap metal.

I can actually see both sides of this to some degree. What I don't understand is being less than civil in sharing that sentiment (not necessarily the above posters, but in general here).

Vive la différence, les amis! :)

MotherOfBirds

The exact word that came to my mind as well. There seems to be an undue sense of entitlement in this thread. Our insiders do this of their own accord, sometimes at their peril. They are under no obligation to tell us anything, and yet they do not leave us to flounder in wild speculation. They, especially Martin, display quite a bit of patience and grace given all the nonsense they receive in return.

Cheekylittlerobot

In reply to WondersOfLife

Thank you for sharing this. I think for some people, it is hard to understand what it's like to share an emotional connection with something fictional if they have never experienced themselves. I've never gotten the chance to see it in person, so I can only imagine how amazing it was in real life. My dad took me to Food and Wine recently and I convinced him to go inside the festival center. It was the best part of the trip. Not the food, not the rides, but simply bonding with my dad in the shadows of a once great pavilion.

RunningKoen

After reading this thriller of 52 pages, I'm curious to know how it will end. I've seen soaps with less entertaining story lines.
Where is Buzzy? What can and can't you do with your phone if the police questions you (And other legal tips) ? What will happen with WoL? Who can we believe? Who did it?

This topic proves why some things aren't ideal to discuss on a fan bases forum. It also proves why such discussions are great to read as a bystander :)

Edit: if this topic continues, there are some marketing options for Cluedo: Wonders of Life edition. All we need is 6 suspects, 6 weapons/tools and several rooms/locations. I've seen enough to play at least a few rounds.
Was it in inside job, without the fluid & filmed on youtube?

Last edited:

Cheekylittlerobot

And I’m tired of the paternalistic sense of entitlement in posts like these that argue anything Martin or the other “insiders” say is above reproach.

There are clear reasons to question the “full Buzzy AA was stolen” rumors. Im not convinced sites claiming that’s still the case even have legitimate sources.

If you don’t like it, then go try and kick me off the board, block me, whatever.

So? Either way, whether he was stolen or not is irrelevant. Something happened back there, be it interesting or boring. Yes, some sources may be not the most trustworthy, but there's no need to be a buzzkill.

LSLS

Simple, I'm trying to figure out the reason for the misplaced concern about a missing piece of scrap metal. It doesn't seem worthy of all that concern. It seems more like, OK, I'll say it, gossiping about an imagined personality. In that process I have stated how I feel about it. Which is with very little concern and so far I have been called a Troll and other things and have been told that I shouldn't participate because my power of reason cannot grasp the curiosity. Besides I have yet to hear one single argument for why this is all that important. But, I also said I was going to leave the discussion so all you folks that agree with each other can have a rousing, if not endless and non-sensible discussion.

Also because people like yourself feel compelled to post negative, mean spirited comments about me that have no bearing on anything and basically force me to defend my opinions about things that you have no right to challenge. If you guys stop feeling the need for self-righteousness, I will stop feeling the need to reply. I never meant it to be more then the one post anyway, but, if you people need to constantly attempt to control my rights to have a different opinion and you are not strong enough to just ignore it and feel confident in your own opinions then there will be this type of back and forth. I will not be forced to stop defending myself when attacked. You can count on that. So how about a lot less concern about how I feel about the demise of a duplicatable piece of machinery and just express your opinion and move on. I'm certainly not really concerned about changing your minds, just more in trying to understand it.

I dont know, I've been through 2 dozen or more guitars, yet the $50 first one I ever owned sits in my studio on the wall, and it will never be gotten rid of. Same with the my grandfathers medals from WWII. Guess I'm just a messed up person attached to pieces of metal and wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom