News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth141

I'd like to make a timeline here:

-2007, Cranium Command closes
-Sometime in 2007-2008, the place gets stripped of anything that can be reused
-2009ish, CC gets it's last inspection that I know of. Full lighting can no longer be run due to leaks and lights being an electrical fire hazard
-2009, CC gets essentially sealed off, with minimal lighting in the handicap rows, ambient light seen through the screens from behind the stage, and the AA lights. Plus some random show lighting that was left on for some reason. It's left in disrepair and abandoned with a few things laying here and there. CMs no longer have a reason to enter the theatre, so only higher ups get in.
-2009, First Cranium Command urbex surfaces, as an 11 second video breaking into the theatre via the exit ramp
*Things deteriorate over time, roof breaks, leaks get worse, mold spreads, wall carpet falls, etc*
-2012, Buzzy's Gloves get stolen after park closing in October
-2017, Matt gets in via the preshow theatre's Handicap door (which has a handle on it), films the inside, jumps onto the stage and crawls through Hypothalamus' maintenance door into the backstage areas.
-2018, First Urbex of the year by BDD sometime in July, coincidentally right about the time they were testing him for functionality
-2018, Buzzy's remaining clothes get stolen in August
-2018, Buzzy himself gets stolen in November.

I can't really confirm much else so I don't wanna spread rumors on what happened to Hypothalamus and all, since I don't know the whole story there. Hopefully this clears things up for you people

Hey! I’m relatively new to posting but wanted to ask you if you could go into more detail about the 2009 inspection that you know of. What did that entail? Was management still able to run the full show at that time?

DreamfinderGuy

Hey! I’m relatively new to posting but wanted to ask you if you could go into more detail about the 2009 inspection that you know of. What did that entail? Was management still able to run the full show at that time?
All I know is that it was the last time it was brought up to code. The show itself wasn't run, because all of the core pieces were long gone. This was a structural inspection that caused them to redo some things, notably the work lights were deactivated (How, I have no idea, cut off, stripped, just plain turned off with a sticky note saying not to turn them back on?) in order to reduce the risk of an electrical fire, which is why it's pitch black in there now

goldenstate5

That doesn't mean it was stolen nor does it erase the protective aspect of the AA removal by internal sources, without permission because the wheels of progress turn very slowly in companies the size of Disney. We will find out eventually and I'll bet it is going to be boring. How can it not be... it's an inanimate object. Unless an envelope shows up with an aluminum ear demanding a million dollar ransom or "Buzzy get it, see", it is going to be difficult for all this to be anything but anticlimactic .

People just want to know what happened to it, that’s all. Nobody is expecting an epic shootout to happen or anything. If you find this so boring I’m not sure why you’re posting in this thread other than to stir the pot.

Disney Maddux

-2009ish, CC gets it's last inspection that I know of. Full lighting can no longer be run due to leaks and lights being an electrical fire hazard
-2009, CC gets essentially sealed off, with minimal lighting in the handicap rows, ambient light seen through the screens from behind the stage, and the AA lights. Plus some random show lighting that was left on for some reason. It's left in disrepair and abandoned with a few things laying here and there. CMs no longer have a reason to enter the theatre, so only higher ups get in.
-2009, First Cranium Command urbex surfaces, as an 11 second video breaking into the theatre via the exit ramp
*Things deteriorate over time, roof breaks, leaks get worse, mold spreads, wall carpet falls, etc*
-2017, Matt gets in via the preshow theatre's Handicap door (which has a handle on it), films the inside, jumps onto the stage and crawls through Hypothalamus' maintenance door into the backstage areas.
-2018, First Urbex of the year by BDD sometime in July, coincidentally right about the time they were testing him for functionality

I can't really confirm much else so I don't wanna spread rumors on what happened to Hypothalamus and all, since I don't know the whole story there. Hopefully this clears things up for you people

Edit: It's also worth mentioning that it was rumored that Disney went back in 2017 to see if there were still reels back there, and supposedly they took them and digitized them right afterward. This is how they got the preshow video that they were playing at the EPCOT 35 D23 event. However it seems like they would have a copy of the footage in the archives regardless, so idk how factual that is. That being said, there's only one "reel" of film back there anymore, and it's water damaged, sitting unwinded in a 5 gallon bucket. There are plenty of empty Film Canisters though ;)
If they wanted to destroy any fire hazards, why did they leave those few lights on (animatronic light, handicap row light, and ambient light from screens)?

DreamfinderGuy

WAIT WOAH WOAH WOAH They digitized the preshow!??! If anyone has a link to that or any footage to the higher quality footage, PLEASE SEND IT TO ME. :eek::D:jawdrop:
They used it for this little clip, but never actually released the whole thing. The clip they showed us at Epcot wasn't watermarked, but they did when it got released. You can see the snippets of it here:

Disnerd2003

Thank you.

I’m purposely tip toeing around this one for various reasons, not least the topic has obviously attracted a lot of attention. From men and mice. And I’m afraid anonymous I’m not.

But no, it wasn’t me.

@marni1971 , the things I've seen you contribute to this community over my 11 years of reading without an account have been unparalleled. You are an inspiration in this community, preserving history unlike I have ever seen. Dont let an internet troll get you down. Has he contributed anywhere near as much as you? No. All the haters need to sit down and shut up. You inspired me to make an account here. You've taken some of us who were never able to experience vintage Epcot, and some of us who were, back to the glory days of the parks. I can not thank you enough for all the wonderful details that you dug up out of my forgotten memories (the spaceship earth satellites, the many amazing videos you've made, etc), and all of the insider stories you've provided. While some dont, I, as well as almost the entire community, love and respect you! Thanks man!

halltd

I am still slightly amazed......with this thread. The main tone is that it’s Disney’s fault these things have happened and it serves them right. Disney doesn’t owe anyone anything. It’s still private property. Why is everyone so entitled that they think they’re owed an asset that Disney created and own? Since they decommissioned the attraction, anyone should be able to break in and take whatever they want? What is the world coming to? Disney should be able to do whatever they want!

I freakin love Disney. And wdw. I basically grew up visiting the resort every year from up north since I was born. So, it’s a massive part of my childhood. Yeah I loved cranium command...and universe of energy...and living seas, etc.... I hated to see them close. And, in most cases, don’t like what replaces them. But, at no point did I ever think that I should break into a facility that is not open to the public and take whatever I want since I didn’t agree with Disney shuttering it.

You guys are all verging on crazy! Listen to yourselves! It’s scary!

Last edited by a moderator:

Disnerd2003

I am still slightly amazed.....with this thread. The main tone is that it’s Disney’s fault these things have happened and it serves them right. Disney doesn’t owe anyone anything. It’s still private property. Why is everyone so entitled that they think they’re owed an asset that Disney created and own? Since they decommissioned the attraction, anyone should be able to break in and take whatever they want? What is the world coming to? Disney should be able to do whatever they want!

I freakin love Disney. And wdw. I basically grew up visiting the resort every year from up north since I was born. So, it’s a massive part of my childhood. Yeah I loved cranium command...and universe of energy...and living seas, etc.... I hated to see them close. And, in most cases, don’t like what replaces them. But, at no point did I ever think that I should break into a facility that is not open to the public and take whatever I want since I didn’t agree with Disney shuttering it.

You guys are all verging on crazy! Listen to yourselves! It’s scary!
This. Exactly this. Ditto.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wdwsince86

Edit: It's also worth mentioning that it was rumored that Disney went back in 2017 to see if there were still reels back there, and supposedly they took them and digitized them right afterward. This is how they got the preshow video that they were playing at the EPCOT 35 D23 event. However it seems like they would have a copy of the footage in the archives regardless, so idk how factual that is. That being said, there's only one "reel" of film back there anymore, and it's water damaged, sitting unwinded in a 5 gallon bucket. There are plenty of empty Film Canisters though ;)
Question, what ever happened to that 11 second video? I seem to remember it being up a year or so ago when I first found the matsinswa video, now I can’t find it for the life of me. Do you have it?

Wdwsince86

I am still slightly amazed...and ****ed off...with this thread. The main tone is that it’s Disney’s fault these things have happened and it serves them right. What the actual F? Disney doesn’t owe anyone anything. It’s still private property. Why is everyone so entitled that they think they’re owed an asset that Disney created and own? Since they decommissioned the attraction, anyone should be able to break in and take whatever the F they want? What is the world coming to? Disney should be able to do whatever they want!

You guys are all verging on bat$hit crazy! Listen to yourselves! It’s scary!
I believe the consensus is that while it’s nit right for it to be stolen (obviously) disney KNOWS there’s an interest/curiosity in the abandoned site and the former attraction itself as well as the AA... knowing people sneak in there to film, take pics etc there’s bound to be someone crazy enough to do so... so instead of continuing to let it sit and collect dust, and possibly be vandalized and possibly stolen, take the darn thing out so nothing happens.

DreamfinderGuy

Question, what ever happened to that 11 second video? I seem to remember it being up a year or so ago when I first found the matsinswa video, now I can’t find it for the life of me. Do you have it?
I just spent a great deal of time more than I should've trying to find it. Came up empty handed. Sorry, looks like it might be gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom