Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin vs Toy Story Mania!

Better ride?

• Total voters

aliceismad

It's nearly a wash for me. I like them both and my kid loves them. I'd give the edge to Buzz because of the lack of screens. But since I don't go often, I probably don't notice some of the maintenance issues mentioned here about Buzz.

Strollin' Stu

I'm surprised to see so many defenders of Space Ranger Spin. Usually all I hear is nothing but hate for this ride or pointing out how it's in desperate need for a refurb (which is absolutely true, I made a whole Reddit post about it). I love both rides and don't think I can pick a favorite. As a ride-game hybrid and a work of technology, Toy Story Mania wins no question. But, when it comes to the experience, the story, and use of more traditional effects/props, Space Ranger Spin wins. I dread the day that Space Ranger Spin gets replaced, but with Astro Blasters in both Anaheim and Paris getting a refurb as I type this, I hope the same might come for Space Ranger Spin soon. It's safe to say that Toy Story Mania isn't going anywhere any time soon.

doctornick

i definitely prefer Buzz and I’m always surprised by the amount of hate it gets on these parts. It feels like more of a ride with the physician sets and more of a storyline. I also like that you can turn the vehicle yourself. I do like how TSMM gives you more interaction with seeing what you are firing on screen but it feels more video vanish and less ride to me

Chicken Guy

It’s no contest for TSMM until they decide to get rid of the shooting devices in Florida and replace them with the ones from California. I can’t ever see where my laser is on Buzz.

Giss Neric

Recently, I have been seeing a lot comparisons between TSMM and Knott's Beary-y Tales. The latter looks great obviously and the screens are crisper and clearer. I think they need to update TSMM though.

Club Cooloholic

Not even close for me. Toy story mania was really amazing the first few times I rode it, the tech blew me away. Buzz is just a hair higher than what I expect at small local amusement park

JusticeDisney

They're both awful.

Buzz is "better" because it doesn't rely entirely on screens, but the only way I'd even consider riding either is as a walk-on.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s certainly your right to be this way, but have you ever noticed that all you basically do is complain about almost all things Disney? Again, totally your right to be like that, I’m just not sure why you are even on this forum.

Drinker Bell

In the Parks
No
Both are fun and enjoyable ride, but I will go with Toy Story Mania. I also enjoy walking through the line in TSM as well and seeing the cute props.

UNCgolf

Don’t get me wrong, it’s certainly your right to be this way, but have you ever noticed that all you basically do is complain about almost all things Disney? Again, totally your right to be like that, I’m just not sure why you are even on this forum.

This is a pretty funny comment, considering I've got another guy on here who trashes me for daring to suggest Navi River Journey isn't the worst ride in the world/actually enjoying it for what it is.

There are plenty of things I still like about Disney or I wouldn't go -- not all of my comments are negative. But I'm not going to pretend it hasn't gone seriously downhill and that they haven't built a lot of mediocre rides recently. It's Disney's own fault for setting a much higher bar in the past.

Regardless, TSMM just feels like a 15 year old video game to me and I find it incredibly boring. Buzz, on the other hand, could be a fine C ticket if it was cleaned/maintained/upgraded (also would be nice if it was moved to DHS because it doesn't belong in Tomorrowland, but that's not going to happen).

Last edited:

Drinker Bell

In the Parks
No
This is a pretty funny comment, considering I've got another guy on here who trashes me for daring to suggest Navi River Journey isn't the worst ride in the world.

There are plenty of things I still like about Disney or I wouldn't go. But I'm not going to pretend it hasn't gone seriously downhill and that they haven't built a lot of mediocre rides recently. It's Disney's own fault for setting a much higher bar in the past.
I love Disney. Am I going to say that Disney is this perfect company or world. No way in hell, I would ever say that. There are many things I differ in opinions that Disney does. Does that mean I don't enjoy riding Expedition Everest or The Tower Of Terror or watching Happily Ever After. That is just silly. In the end Disney brings a lot of happiness to a lot of people in this world and yes they are far from perfect so people can choose to disagree with them and the decisions they make, but that certainly does not mean they have to go to the extreme and boycott going there and enjoy the many things they do like for the rest of their lives.

JusticeDisney

This is a pretty funny comment, considering I've got another guy on here who trashes me for daring to suggest Navi River Journey isn't the worst ride in the world/actually enjoying it for what it is.

There are plenty of things I still like about Disney or I wouldn't go -- not all of my comments are negative. But I'm not going to pretend it hasn't gone seriously downhill and that they haven't built a lot of mediocre rides recently. It's Disney's own fault for setting a much higher bar in the past.

Regardless, TSMM just feels like a 15 year old video game to me and I find it incredibly boring. Buzz, on the other hand, could be a fine C ticket if it was cleaned/maintained/upgraded (also would be nice if it was moved to DHS because it doesn't belong in Tomorrowland, but that's not going to happen).
That really is pretty funny, now that you mention it! And you make some really good points. Anyway, I totally respect your views, even the ones I disagree with.

jonnyc

It’s no contest for TSMM until they decide to get rid of the shooting devices in Florida and replace them with the ones from California. I can’t ever see where my laser is on Buzz.

I'd agree with this - but I think if it got some TLC and the California blasters then then the practical sets would always win over for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom