Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin vs Toy Story Mania!

Better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Better ride?
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin | Walt Disney World Resort
Toy Story Mania | Walt Disney World Resort

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

TSM. Buzz has gotten old and worn. TSM is more ecxiting with the change of shooting sites and variable screens to point on. The way it transitions it gives you more of an urgency to shoot and score before timing out.

MickeyLuv'r

TSM is more sophisticated, so in that sense it is a better ride, but I also think the pull string was a bit of a dumb choice. By the end of the ride, my arm hurts, and that's not a good feature.

Unfortunately, Buzz is WAY over-due for some significant repair work, AND a bit of a rehab. The ride is SO much better when I get a blaster that works properly. I have ridden it back to back many times, and the difference is stark! Beyond that, the sets look pretty dated and worn out to me. Keep the premise, but add more targets, and more range of motion to the blasters.

The example that comes to mind is MIB over at Universal. The only significant problem with MIB is that it spins too much, especially at the end. A small complaint is that the ride vehicles are ugly. The MIB are supposed to give off a 007-type cool persona, but the ride car isn't sleek in any way, except the maybe the blasters. But they are also looking a bit worn these days.

IMO, rides shouldn't leave riders sore or queasy. Ideally though...I'd really like to see a new game or two added to TSM.

dmw

In the Parks
No
Buzz is something I rarely want to ride. OTOH, I will never miss an opportunity to get on TSMM. Easy vote for me.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
TSM is more sophisticated,
What does that even mean?
add more targets,
Not necessary.
and more range of motion to the blasters.
That, I can get behind.
The only significant problem with MIB is that it spins too much, especially at the end.
That's what makes the ride even more fun and challenging.
rides shouldn't leave riders queasy.
Read the warning signs and don't ride spinny rides then... If rides shouldn't make ANYone queezy, 95% of Universal's attractions would have to close.
I'd really like to see a new game or two added to TSM.
What?

Brer Panther

I like both, but I think I'll have to give the edge towards Buzz. The use of more physical sets and animatronics helps, I think. Plus, the line is usually shorter than Toy Story Mania's... which really isn't saying much.

NickMaio

I also prefer the physical sets and props as targets, vs the screens.
I can play video games at home.
We love the buzz bgm......so great.

Toy story is fun but Buzz is a must do every trip.

MickeyLuv'r

What does that even mean?

Not necessary.

That, I can get behind.

That's what makes the ride even more fun and challenging.

Read the warning signs and don't ride spinny rides then... If rides shouldn't make ANYone queezy, 95% of Universal's attractions would have to close.

What?
This thread asked for an opinion, and I gave mine.

To me, your post quoting mine reads like perhaps you don't understand what an opinion is.

Then you posted something that reads like an attempt at condescension, which is just weird. This forum is just for lighthearted fun.

Nobody needs anyone else's permission to like/not like an attraction, or any portion of any attraction.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
This thread asked for an opinion, and I gave mine.

To me, your post quoting mine reads like perhaps you don't understand what an opinion is.

Then you posted something that reads like an attempt at condescension, which is just weird. This forum is just for lighthearted fun.

Nobody needs anyone else's permission to like/not like an attraction, or any portion of any attraction.
Cool. But nobody needs any permission to try and start conversations or debates either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom