Buying WDW Tickets in Advance....Does that generate Magicbands active now?

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Am thinking of purchasing my WDW tickets NOW for a trip early next year....does that automatically generate Magicbands? Are they mailed out with Ticket purchase or later when I book a trip at a resort.....I assume I would get them now, but would I get another set when I book at the resort later this year? I want to get them before another price increase! :angelic: Was wondering mainly about activation immediately or do I have a choice?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You only get free magic bands when you book a resort stay. If you order tickets in advance you will receive a voucher that you will trade in a guest services for a ticket with an RFID chip in it.

Herdman

You might want to make sure the tickets don't expire at the end of this year. I was thinking that they now expire at the end of the year they are purchased. I'm not 100% sure of that though.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You might want to make sure the tickets don't expire at the end of this year. I was thinking that they now expire at the end of the year they are purchased. I'm not 100% sure of that though.
Tickets purchased today on the Disney website carry the disclaimer that the first day on them must be used by December 31, 2019.

Rob562

Tickets purchased today on the Disney website carry the disclaimer that the first day on them must be used by December 31, 2019.

And to ease any potential concerns that date may raise... That "expiration" date just means that the ticket *as is* can't be used beyond that date. The *value* of the ticket will never expire, but after that date it would have to be used toward another ticket at then-current gate price.

If you bought that ticket today and waited until 2021 to try and use it, you'd have to buy a new ticket but would get the value of what you paid for the ticket in 2018 toward the new 2021 price. The only issue is that you'd probably have trouble making FP+ selections until you did that upgrade.

-Rob

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Oh that's wonderful to know thanks so much Rob562....I did see they expired December 2019.....but just in case am thankful to know they can be redone if need be. Feel content I have one piece of the adventure already purchased. :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom