buying Disney Gift Cards at Sam's, Costco..

bjlc57

Original Poster
has anyone here right before they went on to WDW, bought a ton of Disney gift cards at like Sam's or Costco.. for what I understand they do put them on sale.. recently a friend of ours bought a substantial amount of gift cards while we ran into them at Sam's. .they were leaving in a day or two and using the gift cards to pay for their trip.. it seems that the savings are about 7to 10 %...unless you have heard of more.. thoughts, opinions.. true stories appreciated..

ratherbeinwdw

has anyone here right before they went on to WDW, bought a ton of Disney gift cards at like Sam's or Costco.. for what I understand they do put them on sale.. recently a friend of ours bought a substantial amount of gift cards while we ran into them at Sam's. .they were leaving in a day or two and using the gift cards to pay for their trip.. it seems that the savings are about 7to 10 %...unless you have heard of more.. thoughts, opinions.. true stories appreciated..
We use them also. We pay a little or 142.00 for 150.00. That saves you a little over 7.00 for each 150.00. That's more like 5%.

Disnee4Me

I've never seen them at Costco, but have purchased them at BJs Wholesale --- 4% discount -- $96 for a 100 gift card. As well as building up Disney $$$s on my Visa, I am earning lots of extra $$$s on my Discover Card (over $700 right now). Sometime shortly before our December trip, I plan to buy as many Disney Gift Cards as I have Discover $$$s on my Discover card. I'll charge the gift cards on Discover, and then transfer the $$$ into my checking account when the bill arrives.

taz0162

if you purchase them at Target with your Red Card you can save 5% so $50.00 gift card is $47.50

It's a little too late if they are leaving in a day or two but this is what I have done.

Pay for your vacation with Gift Card Purchases when time allows...
Step 1) Purchase gift cards to cover cost of the vacation package you desire. (See Target details above)
Step 2) Open a Disney Vacation account and load all your gift cards into it.
It takes a while but is worth it
Step 3) Book your Vacation Package with the $200.00 deposit
Step 4) Waiting 120 days after Disney Vacation Account was opened and funds were deposited apply the funds
to the vacation package that you booked (Step 3)
Step 5) For Every $1,000.00 moved from a Disney Vacation Account that is applied to a Vacation Package you
Request a free $20.00 Disney gift card (So another 2% back for your money)
Step 6) Any extra funds that were in the Disney Vacation Account can be sent back to you by gift card
(If you paid Disney Vacation Account with bank cash transactions you can get refund that way as
well.) The vacation account can be used to save funds for up to five years.
Step 7) Have fun!

Disnee4Me

if you purchase them at Target with your Red Card you can save 5% so $50.00 gift card is $47.50

It's a little too late if they are leaving in a day or two but this is what I have done.

Pay for your vacation with Gift Card Purchases when time allows...
Step 1) Purchase gift cards to cover cost of the vacation package you desire. (See Target details above)
Step 2) Open a Disney Vacation account and load all your gift cards into it.
It takes a while but is worth it
Step 3) Book your Vacation Package with the $200.00 deposit
Step 4) Waiting 120 days after Disney Vacation Account was opened and funds were deposited apply the funds
to the vacation package that you booked (Step 3)
Step 5) For Every $1,000.00 moved from a Disney Vacation Account that is applied to a Vacation Package you
Request a free $20.00 Disney gift card (So another 2% back for your money)
Step 6) Any extra funds that were in the Disney Vacation Account can be sent back to you by gift card
(If you paid Disney Vacation Account with bank cash transactions you can get refund that way as
well.) The vacation account can be used to save funds for up to five years.
Step 7) Have fun!
I've booked with Kingdom Konsultants ... can I still open a Disney Vacation Account and do this?

jlthomas81

We just recently purchased over $3000 in gift cards from Target using my RedCard debit and saved 5% and used the Disney Vacation Account to deposit them all. Unfortunately we did not start early enough to get the $20 for each $1000, but we definitely will on our next trip! Over all we saved $150 on that $3000. Not a lot in the grand scheme of things, but I'll take whatever savings I can get!! A Target Employee told me that you can purchase up to $3000 in gift cards at a time.

WDW 3

Last black Friday you could by $300 in target gift cards at 10% off. I suppose you could do it multiple times. You can buy Disney gift cards with Target gift cards.

HRHPrincessAriel

I got when our local grocery store was having 4x fuel points "sale"
$1000 would be 4,000 points
$1 off a gallon at least 4 times

That's at least $100(total) off if we are filling DH's truck up. We got even extra back because we used or Disney rewards card to buy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom