1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Buying AKL resale

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Club' started by bri2106@sbcglob, Jul 22, 2017.

1. bri2106@sbcglob

bri2106@sbcglob Active Member

Its been a while since I've been on the forums, life has gotten in the way. But we are considering buying back into DVC through the resale route. Problem is I really don't see any AKL listed for sale. Any ideas why? It's was our home resort before and would love for it to be again.

2. dreamfinder

dreamfinder Well-Known Member

I think there is just faster turn over on resale currently. The places I poke around now rarely have more than 10-15 active listings for ANY DVC property, while a few years ago 20-30 seemed to be fairly common. Just quickly checked one site, and they had 5 AKL deeds listed, out of 70 total deeds up for sale. And one of the ones that emails me with new listings just posted 1 AKL 50 pt deed, out of 9 new deeds they listed.

Personally I think AKL may turn a bit faster. Price wise, the points are usually fairly affordable with usually only SSR and OKW being cheaper on property, and I find the theming to be more immersive/better done than those ones.