buying a home at golden oaks

Deathmournex

Original Poster
how does it work do i need to buy a home lot #? whats next? im thinking about buying a house at golden oaks and moving in. If im gonna make a pool a bit deeper and at a mist machine, inground hot tub and a rock water fall, star floor led kit and pool light wont i need golden oaks permission first? do golden oaks residents get perks like early access to parks before its released to the public?

Last edited:

MikeTaylorSound

how does it work do i need to buy a home lot #? whats next? im thinking about buying a house at golden oaks and moving in. If im gonna make a pool a bit deeper and at a mist machine, inground hot tub and a rock water fall, star floor led kit and pool light wont i need golden oaks permission first? do golden oaks residents get perks like early access to parks before its released to the public?
I want to say HOA is $45k per month... perks are daily landscaping, getting picked up and taken to the theme parks, VIP tours, exclusive pool and golf(?) access given to guests while visiting your residence. I want to say Premiere Passes are included or World's new Club33 spaces (if not that, then some lounge access on property), but I could be wrong. Realtor [dotcom] has a few up for sale now. Just get with the realtor, they can tell you what the parameters are for customizing stuff.

Cypress Gardens across the street has 10+ lots to build from approved blueprints (from Toll Brothers, maybe?) and a well-appointed house can be around 750k and low HOA.

jaklgreen

They have builders that they work with exclusively for Golden Oak. So I imagine when you go talk to them, you will be able to pick what builder you want to use. This information is on their website.

Benjamin_Nicholas

There's a lot of misinformation in this thread already.

HOA is nowhere near $45k/mo.

33 is NOT included, although it makes the introduction to the department easier (as well as the subsequent interviews). There is no lounge for GO resident in-park.

Buying a house at Golden Oak (not Oaks) does not include a park pass. The park perk is that you get on-demand fast passes from Summerhouse (the private resident clubhouse), as well as a multitude of concierge services that make park-going a lot easier.

Also, you can buy in GO proper or go one step up and do Four Seasons Villas at Golden Oak. That's the tip-top of what Disney offers and it includes all GO perks, plus privileges at the Four Seasons, their pools, spa and VIP access to their restaurants and private chefs.

Disney WILL ask for renovation plans and can say no to any of them at any time. If it's disruptive to neighbors, you can bet that it won't be approved.

If you're willing to spend it, you're better off building from scratch in GO to get exactly what you want.

nickys

Premium Member
There's a lot of misinformation in this thread already.

HOA is nowhere near $45k/mo.

33 is NOT included, although it makes the introduction to the department easier (as well as the subsequent interviews). There is no lounge for GO resident in-park.

Buying a house at Golden Oak (not Oaks) does not include a park pass. The park perk is that you get on-demand fast passes from Summerhouse (the private resident clubhouse), as well as a multitude of concierge services that make park-going a lot easier.

Also, you can buy in GO proper or go one step up and do Four Seasons Villas at Golden Oak. That's the tip-top of what Disney offers and it includes all GO perks, plus privileges at the Four Seasons, their pools, spa and VIP access to their restaurants and private chefs.

Disney WILL ask for renovation plans and can say no to any of them at any time. If it's disruptive to neighbors, you can bet that it won't be approved.

If you're willing to spend it, you're better off building from scratch in GO to get exactly what you want.
So at the moment you don’t get any in-park perks then, since there aren’t fastpasses and no concierge services. And if your AP expired and you didn’t renew, you can’t even get a new one. Or have they offered some special privelleges to compensate?

Benjamin_Nicholas

So at the moment you don’t get any in-park perks then, since there aren’t fastpasses and no concierge services. And if your AP expired and you didn’t renew, you can’t even get a new one. Or have they offered some special privelleges to compensate?

I have no clue about APs, as I'm 33 and it's rolled into our package. I tour the park using Disney VIP services.

We get private Sprinter transport anywhere at Disney. Concierge services in GO, yes, but in-park at the moment, I don't think so. We still do get whatever times we need for dining reservations.

For me, the perks right now are INSIDE Golden Oak, not at the park. I'm fine with that.

Ldno

I have no clue about APs, as I'm 33 and it's rolled into our package. I tour the park using Disney VIP services.

We get private Sprinter transport anywhere at Disney. Concierge services in GO, yes, but in-park at the moment, I don't think so. We still do get whatever times we need for dining reservations.

For me, the perks right now are INSIDE Golden Oak, not at the park. I'm fine with that.
Whatever times for dining reservations is the ultimate perk IMHO! Does the sprinter transport guests use a different queue than The front gate?

TKTC

@Benjamin_Nicholas has covered nearly everything and is part of a group that has the best access, nice!

For residents who are not Club 33 and don't live in in the Four Seasons Residences, no special privileges due to COVID. No FP+ for Golden Oak annual passholders (with the black/gold AP card)/residents. Concierge can still work on getting you dining reservations when Disney is saying everything is sold out. They'll try to do anything for members, but sometimes even their hands are tied.

Benjamin_Nicholas

I particularly liked the $45K monthly HOA fees. When I saw that, I laughed.

Monthly? Nowhere near that, not even at the top-end of the Four Seasons enclave.

The misinformation on GO out there is ridiculous.

I suspect a bit of it is cultivated by Disney themselves to continue to create mystery/intrigue around the project.

Last edited:

jaklgreen

I particularly liked the $45K monthly HOA fees. When I saw that, I laughed.
I believe that is annually for The Four Season Residences at Golden Oak, not monthly. Just living in Golden Oak is cheaper. If you are living in the Four Seasons houses, you get full use of the hotel also. They will also deliver food from their restaurants to your house, as well as do your laundry, or send over a chef to cook you a private meal(all for an extra fee, of course).

DavidNoble

Monthly? Nowhere near that, not even at the top-end of the Four Seasons enclave.

The misinformation on GO out there is ridiculous.

I suspect a bit of it is cultivated by Disney themselves to continue to create mystery/intrigue around the project.

That's simply what one of the posts above stated. I'm not suggesting that's how much it is.

I believe that is annually for The Four Season Residences at Golden Oak, not monthly. Just living in Golden Oak is cheaper. If you are living in the Four Seasons houses, you get full use of the hotel also. They will also deliver food from their restaurants to your house, as well as do your laundry, or send over a chef to cook you a private meal(all for an extra fee, of course).

Well that's fancy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom