buying a home at golden oaks

Chomama

@Chomama
My family also owns a home down there, in Marceline. My parents are there during winter only and we visit once every couple of months. As newer owners and members, I can also give you some insight to how they like living there as well as how our family uses the property.
I didn’t see this but thank you! We are headed down soon to meet in person. I will follow up with questions!

Wdwdc2020

Jumping in late but I do have a question - what perks does GO have that make it a good addition to 33? Do you think it is worth doing or would a nice home in windermere be a better use of $$$ since park perks come with 33? Does that make sense?
My parents are both GO and 33–bought in GO before 33 was announced. Because of the pandemic, I’ve been able to spend ample time in the neighborhood and doing Disney with both memberships. In my mind, they are two different products. If you are looking to do Disney with every VIP perk available to the “average” consumer, nothing will beat 33. The fast passes, the concierge, the lounge, it’s truly a great experience. If you want to live in a really nice house in a really well maintained neighborhood, I’m not sure you could do much better than GO. People on this forum love to call them McMansions, but even the houses that are not my style are truly beautiful and well built. The cast members that work there are some of the best at what they do. The restaurant on property is really good, even by non-Disney standards, and the entire neighborhood is really well maintained. And you can really elevate your life by also becoming members of the Four Seasons.

I can stand to be corrected, but I think the only Disney adjacent perk you are missing if you are currently 33 and not GO is the transport to the park. So you have to really judge the neighborhood on the house you want to buy, and less on the Disney perks you get. hope this helps!

Benjamin_Nicholas

My parents are both GO and 33–bought in GO before 33 was announced. Because of the pandemic, I’ve been able to spend ample time in the neighborhood and doing Disney with both memberships. In my mind, they are two different products. If you are looking to do Disney with every VIP perk available to the “average” consumer, nothing will beat 33. The fast passes, the concierge, the lounge, it’s truly a great experience. If you want to live in a really nice house in a really well maintained neighborhood, I’m not sure you could do much better than GO. People on this forum love to call them McMansions, but even the houses that are not my style are truly beautiful and well built. The cast members that work there are some of the best at what they do. The restaurant on property is really good, even by non-Disney standards, and the entire neighborhood is really well maintained. And you can really elevate your life by also becoming members of the Four Seasons.

I can stand to be corrected, but I think the only Disney adjacent perk you are missing if you are currently 33 and not GO is the transport to the park. So you have to really judge the neighborhood on the house you want to buy, and less on the Disney perks you get. hope this helps!

Bottom line, most people here aren't members of 33 and never will be.

While tough to get into GO, it's a lot more straightforward than getting into 33. The 4S side of GO is a bit tougher, especially now that all build sites are sold out and they're not adding anything more. Ultimately, it's just money... A lot of money.

33 is for the wealthy park guest who wants ease while inside the gates.

GO is for the person who wants the lifestyle ease in which Disney can provide.

UNCgolf

There's a lot of misinformation in this thread already.

HOA is nowhere near $45k/mo.

I laughed when I read that. I doubt there's anywhere in the country that has a monthly HOA rate even half that number -- and the highest HOA fees are more likely to be in a luxury condo building than a residential neighborhood with individual homes anyways.

38053WDW

I wouldn't pass step 1 "show financial proof statement" ... It's beautiful and I'd love to live there.... I don't regret anyone that can do and live that lifestyle... just gives me more incentive going forward... (a map of GO has been on my fridge way back when they first started building there (b4 Four Seasons). I follow a couple on YT that are building there now... just to dream ... fun watching the progress... Angie Bellemare ...

Benjamin_Nicholas

I laughed when I read that. I doubt there's anywhere in the country that has a monthly HOA rate even half that number -- and the highest HOA fees are more likely to be in a luxury condo building than a residential neighborhood with individual homes anyways.

Manhattan has a ton of high-end buildings that have HOAs well past $45k a month.

A whole floor of the Sherry-Netherland was recently sold for $95 million. That's $60k/mo in HOA.

Producer Jack

In the Parks
Yes
OK. Here is what i would like to have clarified...

Question 1,
With no media, if i let a friend stay at my house in GO, would they let me, given they abide by the same HOA rules and don't act like neighbors from hell? Or am i limited to only main household or family?

Question 2, a little harder to answer, hypothetical questions, bare with me...
lets say for example I'm Micheal Amini and I want to treat one of my friends who lives the next block up in Crystal Cove, lets say... Heather and Teddy Dubrow and their family and let them stay at my new house, lets say in Carolwood, not charge, rent, or anything like that.

However, we're talking about HD and of course you all know, Bravo network would want to shoot their cameras there, since heather is in Real Housewives of Orange county. Exactly how would GO's HOA handle it and if i were the producer of the show, exactly what is their policy, what is their rules and who would i talk to to make something like that possible? if at all possible?

Question 3,
Same as 2, but a former president, president or member of congress who has heat around them 24/7 (secret service)

Now if Disney wants to cater to higher income people, answers to these issues need to be easier for someone like me to find and i'm finding GO has a lot of disinfo concerning said details.

Sincerely Producer Jack

Last edited:

some other guy

OK. Here is what i would like to have clarified...

Question 1,
With no media, if i let a friend stay at my house in GO, would they let me, given they abide by the same HOA rules and don't act like neighbors from hell? Or am i limited to only main household or family?

Question 2, a little harder to answer, hypothetical questions, bare with me...
lets say for example I'm Micheal Amini and I want to treat one of my friends who lives the next block up in Crystal Cove, lets say... Heather and Teddy Dubrow and their family and let them stay at my new house, lets say in Carolwood, not charge, rent, or anything like that.

However, we're talking about HD and of course you all know, Bravo network would want to shoot their cameras there, since heather is in Real Housewives of Orange county. Exactly how would GO's HOA handle it and if i were the producer of the show, exactly what is their policy, what is their rules and who would i talk to to make something like that possible? if at all possible?

Question 3,
Same as 2, but a former president, president or member of congress who has heat around them 24/7 (secret service)

Now if Disney wants to cater to higher income people, answers to these issues need to be easier for someone like me to find and i'm finding GO has a lot of disinfo concerning said details.

Sincerely Producer Jack
If they're half as fancy as they want to sound they should have a front office you can call.

Producer Jack

In the Parks
Yes
If they're half as fancy as they want to sound they should have a front office you can call.
Let's just say i'm a guy who does his Homework before making his interests known. Anyone else?

EDIT: Oh and I did decide to pass and look at a few other properties In Celebration and DR Philips after seeing this in 10030 Enchanted oak drive this weekend lifting all around the 1st story floorboads around the interior, Pathetic. But thank you for your help, or lack thereof some other guy,, BUYER BEWARE!

Attachments

• 10030 enchanded drive.jpg
    10030 enchanded drive.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:

Benjamin_Nicholas

Let's just say i'm a guy who does his Homework before making his interests known. Anyone else?

EDIT: Oh and I did decide to pass and look at a few other properties In Celebration and DR Philips after seeing this in 10030 Enchanted oak drive this weekend lifting all around the 1st story floorboads around the interior, Pathetic. But thank you for your help, or lack thereof some other guy,, BUYER BEWARE!

Interesting. Especially since that wall color isn't a part of that particular home for sale.

I should know... I've been in that house when they were my neighbors.

The picture you provided has an AC unit right outside a window, which NONE of the GO homes have. All condensers are hidden.

There's also no chair-rail and decorative trim on the walls/floorboards... Something that home has in EVERY room.

Last edited by a moderator:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Interesting. Especially since that wall color isn't a part of that particular home for sale.

The picture you provided has an AC unit right outside a window, which NONE of the GO homes have. All condensers are hidden.

There's also no chair-rail and decorative trim on the walls/floorboards... Something that home has in EVERY room.

You're completely full of $hit.
Might want to edit this to comply with the first two parts of terms and conditions 👍🏻

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

You're completely full of $hit.
That's what I was thinking -- that's a reno. I've never seen outlets in the floor moulding in new construction.

M0710NM4N

I wonder if you're allowed to renovate a home? Hypothetical of course... but say I bought a GO house and wanted an elevator... or change the paint... or carpeting etc etc?

Diamond Dot

I would love to live at GO, but, the houses are just too big just for me and the cat.
Saying that, one of the perks would have been to be able to wake up and decide to have a spontaneous day at the parks, but, that.s a no no now with the reservation system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom