Buy MagicBands in the Park

CinderellaTK

Original Poster
Hello, I am going to Disney with my family in May but we will not be staying on property. I already have a MagicBand but would like to purchase magic bands for my other 2 family members. A friend is going to Disney next month and I was thinking of having her buy the MagicBands for us while there and then connect them on the MyDisneyExperience app before our trip so that everything is done.

Is it possible to but MagicBands in the parks and set them up yourself at home?

aw14

Yes. It’s very simple and can be done through the app.

I buy a new one for every trip. My “I am Mickey” one should be here soon for my July trip.

Rob562

Who has the biggest variety of MB to purchase? Are there more choices in the parks that aren't shown online?

Between the Shop Disney site and the Shop Disney Parks app, you can at least see all the designs. I think the site occasionally has one or two exclusives, and the app will indicate if a Band is in-park purchase only.

-Rob

NelleBelle

Between the Shop Disney site and the Shop Disney Parks app, you can at least see all the designs. I think the site occasionally has one or two exclusives, and the app will indicate if a Band is in-park purchase only.

-Rob
Thanks! So pretty much what I see on the ship Disney sites are what are available, nothing that the have at the theme parks that they don’t post online? Do the local Disney stores carry any MB? Just trying to decide if I should go ahead now and order any “special” bands or wait til we get to the parks. 😊

Rob562

Thanks! So pretty much what I see on the ship Disney sites are what are available, nothing that the have at the theme parks that they don’t post online? Do the local Disney stores carry any MB? Just trying to decide if I should go ahead now and order any “special” bands or wait til we get to the parks. 😊

Since not every store in WDW that sells Bands carries all of the available designs, it might be easier to order ahead and get them all at one time. Especially if you're either over the level where you get free shipping, or if they offer a free shipping special.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom