Bus from Pleasure Island to universal?

goofyfordisney

Original Poster
Does anyone know if there is a bus form Pleasure Island to universal? If not how much would a cab be for this trip,

I am going to Orlando This weekend, and am staying at Portofino Bay. I want to go to pleasure island at night, but dont want to drive.

Any ideas?

Pioneer Hall

For some reason I would Universal wouldn't want you to go and spend money at their biggest competitor. There is no bus from Universal to Pleasure Island...there competition (term used loosely) for PI and the West Side was City Walk. So they will tell you for night time fun to go there. The only way to get from Universal to Disney is by taxi or your own car.

goofyfordisney

Original Poster
I dont mean a bus owned by universal or Disney. Perhaps there is a bus service run by the city that takes you from one place to another. Sorry for the confusion, but I was not expecting a UNIVERSAL BUS to take me.

I was hoping someone knew of a way to get from one place to another without my car..

JoeZerboy

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
Like I said the only way to get from one another is a Taxi.

Umm...sorry...but wrong answer, DI. Having lived in Central Florida and visited Orlando quite often, I know and have confirmed that the local transit system can be used to get from one park to the other.

Goofyfordisney, the local Orlando transit is called "Lynx". You can reach their customer service/trip routing assistants at 800-344-5969 [LYNX]. You can also go to their website at http://www.golynx.com [but am not sure what kind of info is available on there]. The current bus fare is $1.10 and there may be at least one if not two transfers needed each way.

Hope this helps...

Joe

goofyfordisney

Original Poster
Thank you JoeZerboy.

I couldnt see it possible that there WAS NO WAY (as per DI) to get around orlando.

You have no idea how much you helped me.

Thanks so much,
Noel

Disney4648

There is no bus from Pleasure Island or Downtown Disney to Universal. Ask a Disney Cast member and they can firect you toward a disney releated cab...the whole trip costs about $25 roundtrip.

niteobsrvr

If you are planning on visiting Pleasure Island and staying later into the evening ( after 9pm), the Lynx bus system will not be able to help you. First of all, the route that serves Disney from the Universal area, the route 50, departs the ticket and transportation center (ttc). TTC does not have transportation too or from Downtown Disney. The last lynx bus leave TTC at 10:41 pm. Lynx Route 50

You can try contacting Mears Transporation and see if they operate anything that might help you] . This link will get you to all the reputable taxi companys as weel as towncar and bus service.

Invero

Originally posted by JoeZerboy
Umm...sorry...but wrong answer, DI. Having lived in Central Florida and visited Orlando quite often, I know and have confirmed that the local transit system can be used to get from one park to the other.

Okay... here's how it'd go...

Catch the #21 Lynx bus at the Universal Parking Garage at 7:17pm... it'll arrive at Downtown Station at 8:05pm. Then catch the #50 bus at 8:15. This will drop you off at the TTC at 8:57. Unfortunetly, I don't have the count sheets for the Disney Transport busses with me to find out what times they will be and where... but it'd take approx another 30 mins from the TTC to get to Wilderness Lodge and then to Downtown Disney/PI. At any rate... that's over 2.5 hours on a bus... and no way back home (Busses stop at 11)... so... *shrug* Personally, I'd take a cab. I'd also take out an insurance policy first, after seeing how they drive. It's strange... Mears Shuttle Vans and Busses are the most courteous drivers to us Disney Busses... however, Checker Cabs (which is Mears, but a seperate division), the drivers are incredibly rude, and will run right through a stop sign or a red light to cut you off. I can't tell you how many near-accidents I've been in with Checker Cabs (always thier fault) in both my bus and my personal vehicle.

lamarvenoy

JUST A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO I WAS AT A BUISNESS CONVENTION AT DISNEY AND WE STAYED AT THE CORRONADO.ONE NIGHT THEY RENTED OUT ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE FOR US AND PROVIDED BUSSING OVER AND BACK, WELL A FEW OF US STAYED A LITTLE LATER AND WENT TO CITYWALK(MY 1ST TIME AND LAST TIME AT UNIVERSAL) AND ONE OF OUR BUDDIES GOT LEFT BEHIND AND HIS ONE WAY CAB COST HIM $45.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom