Bus driver can’t take guests to closed parks?

cdd89

Original Poster
So we left our car at Animal Kingdom, and got the bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge for a dining reservation.

After our meal (at around 8:40 pm, 40 mins after park closure), we approached a bus bound for Animal Kingdom. The driver said that he wasn’t allowed to take guests back.

The bus was labelled “Animal Kingdom”, and appeared on the live departures screen. In the end we have had to take a taxi back to the park to reach our car.

Just curious as to whether this is official policy that I should factor into planning in the future, or just a mean bus driver?

Thanks!

Here’s what I found:

Getting to Disney Theme Parks from a Disney Resort Hotel

• Bus service from Disney Resort hotels begins 45 minutes prior to park opening and ends 1 hour prior to park closing.
  • Return service to Disney Resort hotels ends 2 hours after park closing.
Hope this helps.

JoeCamel

Looks like a phone call and twitter post is in your future.

So we left our car at Animal Kingdom, and got the bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge for a dining reservation.

After our meal (at around 8:40 pm, 40 mins after park closure), we approached a bus bound for Animal Kingdom. The driver said that he wasn’t allowed to take guests back.

The bus was labelled “Animal Kingdom”, and appeared on the live departures screen. In the end we have had to take a taxi back to the park to reach our car.

Just curious as to whether this is official policy that I should factor into planning in the future, or just a mean bus driver?

Thanks!
Here’s what I found:

Getting to Disney Theme Parks from a Disney Resort Hotel

• Bus service from Disney Resort hotels begins 45 minutes prior to park opening and ends 1 hour prior to park closing.
  • Return service to Disney Resort hotels ends 2 hours after park closing.
Hope this helps.

cdd89

Original Poster
Fair enough. Nice to see the driver was just following policy (though plenty haven’t in the past!). Doesn’t stop me from thinking it’s a stupid policy though :)

Lilofan

Fair enough. Nice to see the driver was just following policy (though plenty haven’t in the past!). Doesn’t stop me from thinking it’s a stupid policy though :)
Some cast have gone above and beyond in certain situations but this guy would get in trouble if he went out of his way.

ABQ

Some cast have gone above and beyond in certain situations but this guy would get in trouble if he went out of his way.
I've had a bus driver go out of their way, but the AK bus entrance is certainly a but more secure than say, the Epcot bus entrance and it could truly be that even if the driver had wanted to take the trip, they could not get entrance to the bus loop of all the AK barriers were up.

Lilofan

The driver probably would have to call dispatch for approval but if the driver was denied by dispatch then the guests could not be driven over.

samc

next time just call park security they help me and my mom out quite a bit due to the fact we have a silver Kia and you won't believe how many times we get lost thinking someone else Kia is ours we tend to do a lot of walking.

Movielover

Thanks!

Sorry this happened but next time don't be afraid to go to the front desk of the hotel. Those CM's will help you anyway they can even if you are not staying at that resort. You are still guest on the Disney property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom