Bus Dispatch Control System hardware

niteobsrvr

Original Poster
Does anyone know who the manufacturer of the control unit and other hardware is for the GPS autmated system?

I am really interested in learning more about how this system came together because I am both a transportation and a computer junkie. This system seems to be the start of something that I was hoping to see in my life time. I ended up with a degree in transportation but we never even talked about stuff like this.

Unfortunately, when I was at the parks this past weekend, I was unable to get a good look at the unit on the dash.

Thanks for the help in advance.

luckyeye13

The company that manufactures those units is called Clever Devices. There are actually several videos on YouTube (including my own from WDW) that show this system in action in a couple of different transit agencies. I must admit that the first time that I saw it live at WDW, I completely geeked out as I, too, am a transportation nut. (I still remember that I was headed to DAK when the new spiel welcomed me on board.)

hpyhnt 1000

Does anyone know of any statistics or figures to show that the systems has improved bus reliability and capacity? Just wondering if the system has achieved its goals... :shrug:

niteobsrvr

Original Poster
Does anyone know of any statistics or figures to show that the systems has improved bus reliability and capacity? Just wondering if the system has achieved its goals... :shrug:

I would think the best evidence you would find is anecdotal. Disney rarely, if ever, publishes such information.

My own observation, and I am a former Disney driver, is that after the christmas party Sunday night, there were no busses simply hanging around doing nothing. In the past, you would have busses waiting in a line while coordinators figured out which resort was the next one to receive a bus. As a driver, there is nothing more annoying. I like to drive and interact with the passengers, not sit and idle in an empty vehicle.

niteobsrvr

Original Poster
The company that manufactures those units is called Clever Devices. There are actually several videos on YouTube (including my own from WDW) that show this system in action in a couple of different transit agencies. I must admit that the first time that I saw it live at WDW, I completely geeked out as I, too, am a transportation nut. (I still remember that I was headed to DAK when the new spiel welcomed me on board.)

Thanks, for the info. Now its off to the net to find more about them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom