Buffalo Junction?

Raxel7851

Original Poster
The idea of a Fort Wilderness Railroad came to life again in 1992 with the announcement of the building of Buffalo Junction (sometimes referred to as Wilderness Junction), an area between Fort Wilderness Resort and Wilderness Lodge, which would have been an upscale resort themed to the Old West of Dodge City. (Recently, this concept has come up for discussion as a possible Disney Vacation Club resort.) The train would have connected all three resorts

I read this today in an older copy of All Ears. The Old West concept would have been cool. I do remember the trains running around FW as well.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
The idea of a Fort Wilderness Railroad came to life again in 1992 with the announcement of the building of Buffalo Junction (sometimes referred to as Wilderness Junction), an area between Fort Wilderness Resort and Wilderness Lodge, which would have been an upscale resort themed to the Old West of Dodge City. (Recently, this concept has come up for discussion as a possible Disney Vacation Club resort.) The train would have connected all three resorts

I read this today in an older copy of All Ears. The Old West concept would have been cool. I do remember the trains running around FW as well.
As far as I know, when FWRR closed in 1980, the 4 engines and most of the cars were sold to the Carolwood Pacific Historical Society. 2 of the passenger cars were used at Pleasure Island and one at Typhoon lagoon as a concession stand.

aladdin2007

would have been very fitting too. Instead they decided to go with something that looks like it belongs in a downtown city office center, that fortunately got canceled or put on hold, hopefully canceled. It was so out of context I hope they never go back to it. Everything is going generic property wide now, so I have no hope that space will be utilized the way it was originally planned, but certainly would be nice.

Raxel7851

Original Poster
The article also mentioned why the railroad was discontinued. The tracks were installed improperly and it would have required a multi-million dollar cost to bring it up to standard. I’m sure eventually it would have been discontinued for financial reasons. The article also had a history of the “lawnmower” tree and how it eventually was removed.

Club Cooloholic

The article also mentioned why the railroad was discontinued. The tracks were installed improperly and it would have required a multi-million dollar cost to bring it up to standard. I’m sure eventually it would have been discontinued for financial reasons. The article also had a history of the “lawnmower” tree and how it eventually was removed.
And mention of an Empress Lilly Breakfast which led me to this rabbit hole. Interesting article.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom