Pre-Trip Buddy, aint nuthin' wrong. Get ya club on!

The saga continues! We be clubbin'!! Double clubbin' actually!

But 9000, whatever do you mean?

3 words: Yacht CLUB, CLUB Level!

This trip is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction (of whose going).

My wife, C and yours truly.

20230424_130353.jpg

And we will be travelling with one passenger, extra fluffy!

IMG_20230519_083428_589.jpg

Say hello to Zelda!

Now, for anybody wondering why, let me give some quick background info on myself.

I am a Canine trainer/behavioralist and we often train working dogs for various purposes. Zelda is in training to assist a young child for whom she will have several tasks. And before anybody asks for any specific information, please know that it would require me discussing the childs medical information/condition which I will not do. I can however tell you that Zelda will be medical/psd dog.

Zeldas family travels to Disney several times a year. I have trained several dogs that have been to WDW with their families but the training Zelda will require is a bit unique and I need to bring her there myslef to actually train in the parks, resorts, and on the various modes of transportation.

I chose yacht club as a resort because they are pet friendly and even though a service dog would have legal access To any of the resorts I figured this would be easier not only for us, but the cat members of the resort as well since YC is prepared for dogs.

Zelda has already completed her public access training. Those of you here who follow me on Instagram have most likely already seen some videos of her or if you Haven't they are there for your viewing pleasure lol.

I am very excited about this trip as it will provide a lot of new experiences for not only myself but Zelda as well!

We have a total of 6 days booked and we'll be leaving near the end of this month. Updates to come soon!

And here's some pics of Marie trying to get to my seltzers!!

20230515_194112.jpg

20230515_194013.jpg

20230515_194004.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
We walked around and did some environmental training and then rode Imaganation

20230531_123229.jpg

Yes, the dog can ride in the car with you on certain attractions.

Next we hit world showcase and I got an El Diablo to go at LA Cava

20230531_130955.jpg

Another round in Germany Pavilion

20230531_132312.jpg

Zelda was running out of gas so we made our way back to the resort for some rest

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
As we exited the park and passed the skyliner, I heard a woman's voice calling out my name. I'm very used to woman yelling my name and chasing me down so I didn't react at first (I'm totally joking, that never happens... I usually react quickly) ok, ok I'm joking. Nobody was chasing me down, but I did hear a woman saying my name. It was @cgersic !!!

20230531_140053.jpg

Zelda is a good judge of character and she immediately wanted some love!

20230531_140004.jpg

She was glad to be off duty and getting some attention!

20230531_140007.jpg

20230531_140005.jpg

It was such a fun moment to meet a fellow wdwmagic family member!

Fun fact: i dont care for the the term, "magician" **gasp!! Ok, i probly just ticked off about 99% of trip report forum people/magicians 🤢

After our photo shoot and a pleasant conversation we parted ways. It was such a pleasure to meet you @cgersic !!

I'm sure @amjt660 was crying like a little girl, wherever he was 😁🤪

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
I had this long and elegant retort drafted for you until I realized, like brekkie, I agree with you.
Please share the long and elegant retort. It will keep the pitchforks away from me 🤣🤣.

But seriously, glad someone else agrees. I know there are others out there! We shall find them and they will join us!

To all those who stand with Sean and I who don't like the term, "magician", you will find safe harbor in our fraternity of the Tambooo! Fear not, gentle folk. Let us be the beacon of hope to guide you into a new world!

Laurenciaa

A dog's body temperature is regulated by their coat/Fur. Depending on the breed shaving their coat can be dangerous. Such as shaving a German shepherd's coat would not make it less hot on a warm day it would actually affect its Ability to regulate body temperature. Dogs do not prespire in the same fashion as humans.

In Zelda's case she is absolutely more comfortable without the matted fur. Especially for her ears. If ears on a dog become matted, over time it can restrict blood flow and cause pain and bruising and ear infection
Learned something new today! Thanks for the info @wdisney9000!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday continued

Zelda and I took a nap once we were back at the room. She was up before me and wanted company so she decided to wake me up

20230531_150224.jpg

I showered up amd headed out to get some lunch. I had no idea where I wanted to go so I just started walking. I ended up here

20230531_165029.jpg

Could it be possible? Was my lunch going to be Totinos microwave pizza??

I took a look at the menu but couldn't read it because they have it behind this etched glass that blurs all the words

20230531_165417.jpg

This was just another reminder of why I'm not a fan, hahaha.

I headed back outside and wandered around but eventually landed back at the resort at Crews Cup.

I ordered a Crescent Lake Sunset to drink which sounded like it would be a margarita by the description but this is what came out

20230531_172221.jpg

It was actually quite good and refreshing.

I ordered the beef tips with potatoes.

20230531_172816.jpg

20230531_172818.jpg

It was excellent. Highly recommend it. Especially since the only other options are basically $60 steak or fish.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
I had gotten a VQ for Cosmic Rewind at rhe 1 pm drop. I was called back at 7pm. Zelda and i headed out but once we got on the walkway, I saw these clouds moving in

20230531_192034.jpg

Then I felt a few raindrops. We decided to turn around and not get stuck in the rain.

It did rain about 20 minutes later so we made the right call.

We chilled at the room and waited out the rain until it was time to get back to work!

We were going to Hollywppd Studios for the After Hours party!

20230531_194015.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
For the After Hours party we would be working on getting Zelda used to being in a crate for the attractions that allow you to keenel the dog while you ride.

First up was ToT
20230531_215653.jpg

We took an elevator down to the kennel room!

20230531_215941.jpg

When I exited the ride, she was nice and relaxed when I went back in to get her. A CM stays with them for safety. She was given highest marks

20230531_220757.jpg

20230531_221637.jpg

Grabbed a drink at what I think os @Darstarr spot for a cocktail

20230531_221656.jpg

20230531_222816.jpg

20230531_223120.jpg

As we were taking this picutre a group of ladies stopped and said "hey we saw you two at Epcot earlier"!! They don't disturb Zelda, they just wanted to say they loved seeing her again.

Next was Star Tours. We did this one the other day but another round is good for her

20230531_224048.jpg
20230531_224113.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom