Brother Bear (with Spoilers)

meeko_33785

Original Poster
My Brother Bear Review

Saw Brother Bear yeasterday and I have to say it was better than I expected. Personally, I was about excitied to see this movie as I would be to watch the Fox and the Hound for the fourth time ( :hammer: ), but it turned out not too bad. The animation was beautiful and the songs were good, though forgetable. The one thing that I thought was a little distracting was that it felt, to me, that they had just took things that had worked in previous films and incorderated them into the plot of this one. There were many moments or plot points that felt as if they were almost lifted directly or slightly reworked from Pocahontas, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Bambi, Groove, Hercules, Toy Story 2, Finding Nemo, Tarzan, and others. I actually laughed out loud at how similar the first number was to Circle of Life! Also, the pacing was fairly week and didn't really have an interesting climax. All things considered, I'd give it a B-/C+ and recogmend it to any Disney fan. Good enough to see in theaters once, but I wouldn't go and see it a second time.

And concerning the previews, I will be very kind in saying that they made Brother Bear look twice as good as it was. Most of them were terrible and a bit embarassing to see in a theater full of children (such as Home on the Range's udder jokes). Cat and the Hat and the new one with Steve Martain and Bonnie Hunt didn't look very good either, not to mention Teacher's Pet! :eek:

(EDIT: Looks like I didn't really put any spoilers in the review, so ignore the title)

KevinPage

You knowwhat, if Home on the Range is going to be the last animated movie for quite some time, then I'm all for some adult humor in it. Think about it, do little kids know these is the last hurrah for awhile? No, adults do, so they would be a higher target audience than usual. As much as I like animted films, they do tend to get boring with the same cliches and "safe" things going on all the time, so some "out of the box" humor is good for me. Heck and this is the Old West anyways, no one had virgin mouths back then. LOL

I just hope Roseanne doesn't drive me nuts after 10 minutes :)

Goofster

Yeah, let Disney take some chances, Pirates of the Caribbean has opened up the wonderful world of Disney like never before. I think Home on the Range will be amazing, with some more semi-adult comedy and new songs from Alan Menken, it should be pretty amazing.

And about Roseanne, i'm not sure how she seemed from the previews, but then again, Ellen didn't seem all that great in the Finding Nemo previews either, and she turned out to be one of the funniest animated characters of all time. I think Roseanne 'll be great!

KevinPage

Great about about Ellen & Nemo. I dreaded when I heard she ws doing a voice and the Previews reinforced it negatively for me, but she was great in the movie and I never really thought about it.

Hence when I see the previews now, they are no longer annoying.

And the Roseanne show is/was funny, so hopefully the same thing will happen :)

meeko_33785

Original Poster
Originally posted by KevinPage
You knowwhat, if Home on the Range is going to be the last animated movie for quite some time, then I'm all for some adult humor in it. Think about it, do little kids know these is the last hurrah for awhile? No, adults do, so they would be a higher target audience than usual. As much as I like animted films, they do tend to get boring with the same cliches and "safe" things going on all the time, so some "out of the box" humor is good for me. Heck and this is the Old West anyways, no one had virgin mouths back then. LOL

I just hope Roseanne doesn't drive me nuts after 10 minutes :)

I still don't find that as an excuse to use off-colored hummor. I mean, this is a Disney movie. Disney will, inevitably, market it to children making plush toys, t-shirts, and games out of these characters. I don't know about you, but I think that will be appauling.

KevinPage

Meeko,

Your avatar is appauling. As a former Long Islander, Billy Joel saw better days than that movie!!!!!

LOL

meeko_33785

Original Poster
Originally posted by KevinPage
Meeko,

Your avatar is appauling. As a former Long Islander, Billy Joel saw better days than that movie!!!!!

LOL

Let's not be insulting now. I happen to like Oliver and Company (actually, I lilked it better than Brother Bear). No flames please. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom