Brother Bear 3 petition

c133125

Sure, I'll sign any petition to stop Disney from making a Brother Bear 3 movie.

...Oh wait, it's a petition for them to create another sequel....Never mind then.

Slivar

Original Poster
please don't flame if you have a problem with it then don't sign your name it is voluntary. Some people liked it and the story is left incomplete. Don't start pointing fingers at people and yell at them that is all I'm asking.

The guys from Pixar (who are now in charge of the animation division) feel strongly about how Walt ran the studio...and with that comes Walts dislike of sequels. Have they done it in the past with Toy Story 2? Yes, but that came from heavy pressure from Disney and Toy Story 3 almost has the same story that involves Disney pressuring.

Unfortunately for your petition, all of the divisions that produced animated sequels have been closed and the artists that worked there have moved on. Keep in mind that only the story and storyboards were done here in the United States, eveyrthing else was shipped overseas to China, Austrailia, Canada, France and India. The actual animation was done at those places mentioned as was the inking, scanning and digital painting. It was done there because it could be made for a fraction of what a theatrical feature could be made for. It would be far too costly for Disney to make a sequel here in the states and use American based animators and now there is nowhere for them to ship the animation duties to. Everything is closed.

Slivar

Original Poster
they have made plenty of animated films in London and all over the world out sourcing most of everything doesn't mean they stop still. most of the animation in bb2 was made in London anyway. and they still get a profit of almost double the cost if you look at the numbers

It's no doubt that they've definitely made a profit, even on the worst sequels that've been made. The one thing that the general public has definitely noticed is the sharp decline in Disney animated film quality (both story and artwork). Austrailia was tagged as the top studio for Disney and making sequels, really good sequels that is got them nowhere.

Walt wasn't about how much profit he could make off a film, it was about being original. It didn't matter to him how much money he could spend, if it made it work then that was all that mattered. He didn't consider sequels to original at all, but rather unimaginative copies of an original. Eisner didn't see things that way and his shoveling of cheap-quels down our throats really seem to have disenchanted many people (myself included). The general public doesn't seem to see Disney as the premier animation studio anymore (that honor has fallen to Pixar)...I think the reason that happened was because Disney has released enough crap sequels that people really got turned off by Disney. John Lasseter and Steve Jobs work very much off of Walts motto and are trying to re-establish Disney as the top animation studio and like Walt, are going to be avoiding any and all sequels pertaining to Disney classic films.

I've tried watching as many of the sequels as possible and I can tell you that some of them were sheer torture. I thought Bambi 2 was a nice feature, they even had one of Disney top feature animators relocate to Austrailia to work on it for a year or two (at the time, he was also avoiding being trained in 3D animation). There have been parts in the Cinderella sequels that have had amazing animation, but the stories were very spotty (in my opinion). Tarzan and Jane and Hunchback 2 were probably the two worst animated films that I have ever seen. The story(s) in both were not well developed and the animation in both could have been done by college-level animators.

Anonymous19

Everyone's entitled to there opinion I would personally love a sequel of brother bear I'm pretty sure my kids would too my youngest son loves those movies

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom