Broken things :/

lego606

MagicBandit
Original Poster
Not to be a "Shades of WDW" type of thing here but, other than the PeopleMover, what sort of stuff have you noticed is non-functional in the parks?

I know the Observatron hasn't spun in a while except for that one day.

Californian Elitist

For the most part, everything works, or is turned on in the attractions. Disneyland needs to clean up, though.

TOONTOWN. Chipped paint everywhere. The whole thing needs to close for an entirely new paint job. It's honestly embarrassing.

The last time I was at the park, the "N" in the Tomorrowland neon signage was out. Hopefully that's been fixed.

Murphy doesn't spute fire from his mouth. Hopefully that's only temporary.

The old Fantasyland Skyway Station is now home to critters, though Fantasyland CMs use it for get-togethers, sometimes.

nemofinder22

Country Cat Jamboree! :D

A few minor issues, the canopy on King Author Carousel needs a paint job it looks even worse now that Fantasy Faire has opened.

The it's a small world facade needs a good cleaning or a paint job, and the mesh screens that were installed for The Magic, The Memories and You! need to be removed.

Californian Elitist

Country Cat Jamboree! :D

A few minor issues, the canopy on King Author Carousel needs a paint job it looks even worse now that Fantasy Faire has opened.

The it's a small world facade needs a good cleaning or a paint job, and the mesh screens that were installed for The Magic, The Memories and You! need to be removed.

Brilliant title for a show!

How could I forget the Carousel and small world? I agree, they both need a good cleaning.

Californian Elitist

Well, phew! I'd rather that Disneyland need a good scrubbing than her need a good fixing.

Do you know if the WDW parks stay open for twenty-four hours for third shifters (maintenance workers)? I think that's the reason why things aren't broken at DL, the park never closes and people are always there, working on things. Do you know if the same happens at WDW?

lego606

MagicBandit
Original Poster
Do you know if the WDW parks stay open for twenty-four hours for third shifters (maintenance workers)? I think that's the reason why things aren't broken at DL, the park never closes and people are always there, working on things. Do you know if the same happens at WDW?
Yea, there's always a third shift at MK, and most of the time at Epcot and DHS. Not sure about Animal Kingdom. Yet Magic Kingdom seems to be the most run-down :/

Cosmic Commando

I think that's basically true for WDW, too. It's just that there's probably two guys where there should be four or there's nobody during the day making a list of things for the night guys to fix like there used to be or they don't have budget to fix everything or they are told to wait for things to break instead of replacing things before they go.

Californian Elitist

I think that's basically true for WDW, too. It's just that there's probably two guys where there should be four or there's nobody during the day making a list of things for the night guys to fix like there used to be or they don't have budget to fix everything or they are told to wait for things to break instead of replacing things before they go.

That makes sense, when you think about it. I hope when I go for my first trip in a few years, the entire resort will be in good shape. I'm not looking for perfection, but good enough.

Cosmic Commando

That makes sense, when you think about it. I hope when I go for my first trip in a few years, the entire resort will be in good shape. I'm not looking for perfection, but good enough.
I've heard about some things like apparently the popcorn lighting on the Grand Floridian is really bad, but I think WDW is actually almost as good as Disneyland on the little things. I never notice much paint peeling or dinginess at either place. Where WDW is different is that they seem to let their rides go so long as they can keep them physically running.

Californian Elitist

I've heard about some things like apparently the popcorn lighting on the Grand Floridian is really bad, but I think WDW is actually almost as good as Disneyland on the little things. I never notice much paint peeling or dinginess at either place. Where WDW is different is that they seem to let their rides go so long as they can keep them physically running.

I've come to that realization, too. It seems that the attractions at WDW need some TLC. Hopefully that starts happening soon.

The next time you're here, take a good look at Toontown. Man... I just wish they'd re-paint everything. It needs it BAD. I never realized how 90s Toontown is until the last time I went in January. I felt like I had been through a time machine, sitting on the couch, watching Goof Troop.

Cosmic Commando

I've come to that realization, too. It seems that the attractions at WDW need some TLC. Hopefully that starts happening soon.

The next time you're here, take a good look at Toontown. Man... I just wish they'd re-paint everything. It needs it BAD. I never realized how 90s Toontown is until the last time I went in January. I felt like I had been through a time machine, sitting on the couch, watching Goof Troop.
Yeah, I remember the hills were like gray and peeling. Yuck.

The Epcot Character Spot has this big mural for behind the characters and it has tons of those A Goofy Movie/Goof Troop style people... makes me feel like I'm back in the 90's.

Mickey_777

I actually didn't see much wrong with ToonTown though I wasn't looking all that closely. What I did notice were the somewhat obvious effects broken/turned off inside of RSR's but those have been well documented since it opened I believe. I also noticed one of the four "wings" above DCA gate had lighting problems. I was surprised to see the burning bridge in Pirates not working as well. But this was all back in early December. And it didn't ruin my vacation by any means.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
On my last visit two weeks ago, I noticed...

- The Matterhorn waterfall was off, leaving that big rusting streak down the side of the mountain in plain view.
- The new Matterhorn sleds are in really bad shape already.
- Toontown is in desperate, desperate need of a paint job.
- Alice in Wonderland is going on what, three years with the tarps and wood railings? That is just plain embarrassing.
- Innoventions still has a temporary entrance sign, and the upstairs is ridiculous with the giant empty space between Honda ASIMO and (I think) the health exhibit.
- Radiator Springs Racers is still missing the smoke rings, I doubt we'll ever see 'em again… Doc also wasn't working but that was probably just a thing that day.

Californian Elitist

Yeah, I've noticed the condition of the sleds as well. Even more of a reason to get rid of them and bring back the old ones.

Get rid of Innoventions and those stupid tarps on Alice already!

rle4lunch

Just at DL this past weekend for a day trip from San Diego. The place didn't look too bad. Trying to think of something that was messed up (besides the wait time for RSR, lol), and I can't really... Besides Thunder being down for 3/4 of the year, the rides seemed to be up to snuff. And the surf and turf dinner at Blue Bayou was excellent. Along with the mint julep and creme brulee for dessert. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom