Broken Memory Card - Help!

SteveUK

Original Poster
Help!!! - Please somebody, I know some of you experts can help me;

I have just got back from my two week trip and am trying to transfer my photos from my olympus camera with xd memory card. When I open the folder in My Computer, it shows complete thumbnails for each picture, but when I try to open them with any program, they appear half gray. I cannot copy them to my computer, as when I try, I get a 'Cannot copy - cyclic redundancy check' error message. Surely I could not get the thumbnails if the data was not there?

I have tried to search the internet for any helpful program, but am reluctant to pay for a program until I know for sure it will work. Some of the programs with free trials have scanned my memory card but said there are no pictures on it - which is clearly not the case.

I hope I haven't lost all my photos - it would be tragic if I had to go back for more! But seriously, I went with my grandfather who is not well, and I'm not sure we will go together again. I would be very grateful if somebody could help me save the pictures.

Thanks

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I've had luck recovering photos many times using Photorescue as well :)

PhotoDave219

Also, spend the $20 dollars and buy a memory card reader to hook directly into your camera. Hooking your camera straight up to the computer is just an invitation for trouble....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom