Broken Car Windows at EPCOT today.

cindy_k

Original Poster
I don't know what happened, but I saw at least 2 cars in the parking lot of EPCOT this afternoon and evening with one of their Side windows smashed in.

At around 1pm I parked at EPCOT. We were on the left side near the front.
When we got out of my car we noticed that there was a Disney Security truck about 5 cars down on the next row and he was taking a report from a guest and the guests car had its side window broken.

When we left EPCOT about 6pm there was another car on the same row, that had a security officer there and a guest with a broken side door window.

Only thing I can think of is someone went along smashing windows and stealing things.

Please don't leave valuables visible in your cars when you park at EPCOT.

I hope everything worked out for those people and that they didn't lose anything too important.

- Cindy K

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
That's a shame. But, it's a sign of the times we live in.

You shouldn't EVER leave valuables visible in your car ANYWHERE.

brdgebldr

Wow. We were there from 9 until 5 today. I guess we were lucky nothing happened to our car, huh? We will definitely not leave anything out in the open tomorrow. :confused:

elizs77

I've experience 2 car break ins, and they've always been at home. So, there's no telling when these things can happen! Lesson is just be careful, never leave out valuables, you know the rest!!

doop

Just don't leave your purse on the front seat anywhere, my mom made that mistake. She was the victim of a smash and grab not too long ago.

dwightshrutefan

Thats very unfortunate

Remember though, dont think just because it was at epcot, it will only happen at epcot, because it may happen anywhere, so just never leave vauluables in ur car, unles you hide them.

smk

Lots of GPS systems being grabbed out of cars here in Indy. If you have one take it with you or conceal it in some manner.

hpyhnt 1000

Wow. That is unbelievable. Goes to show you can't be too careful.

BTW - Am I the only one who's wondering if/when we see a headline, "Couple Sues Disney Over Parking Security"?

wedway71

You shouldnt tell him ur township, for all you know, hes a pshcho killer and is gonna coem to that owna nd make disney support groups so you join, then he'll relize its you, then kill you!!!!:eek:

Thats was a joke :wave:

Lol-MAKE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD GO AWAY!!!!!

Franklin Township here-Wife is teacher for Perry Township so no worries of me being a stalker-lol:hammer:

DisneyCane

That's a shame. But, it's a sign of the times we live in.

Sign of what times? Sorry to pick on your post but it always bugs me when things like this are overdramatized.

This kind of thing has happened as far as I can remember (back to when I was a kid in the early 80's).

12 year old girls dressed like 20 somethings is a sign of the times, car break-ins has gone on for a long time!

TP2000

Orlando metro area has a terrible crime problem. Orlando has one of the highest per capita murder rates in the nation. Smash n' grab crime in a parking lot shouldn't surprise anyone who lives in or visits Orlando.

bgraham34

I bet its GPS systems. I have seen them taken right in front of me. The best thing to do is lock it up when your not using it. Dont leave it in the window.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom