Bringing Rod Serling back to Life at Tower of Terror Theater

Tower of Terror Theater

Original Poster
As part of the special effects at the theming of my home theater (Tower of Terror Theater) after the Basement elevator entrance of the Tower of Terror, we are including a "holographic" recreation of Rod Serling via Deepfake computer manipulation of a body double. In this Deepfake, the body double is speaking the custom narration created for the project with voice-over done by Mark Silverman the voice talent used for the Tower of Terror ride attraction, as well as the recent cameo in the new edition of the Twilight Zone. This deep fake video will be projected onto a rear projection Lexan sheet within the theater. Below are links to the Youtube channel as well as links to the custom narration. Lots of other videos on the testing of the "holographic" projection method, and loads of other special effects on the set. Anyway here is the first frame of the Deepfake which is a digital mosaic obtained by scanning hundreds (thousands?) of images, videos of Serling and the body doubles face. The deepfake artist tells me the quality of the render will improve alot with further tweaking and manipulation. The second B & W photo is a photograph of Rod Serling for comparison. I will post the final render once completed.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcTO0no5eLSdGT8u6C-mcJg
serling deepfake.png
rod-serling-the-twilight-zone.-courtesy-of-cbs..png

Last edited:

Tower of Terror Theater

Original Poster
So the deepfake of Serling was completed. I LOVE IT. I was concerned that the difference in the body double video being 1080P and the Serling face all being captured from pre-HD quality would clash, but it does not. I find it as good as any of the deepfake videos found online. I wanted to post it, but Donald the tech who has also been a creative partner did not want me to post the raw deep fake video (I seriously really did want to post it now), wanting to instead wait to post the video in-set. Anyway we have some technical issues with getting a convincing "holographic," appearance in set of the video, so I am guessing it may be some weeks. SORRY!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom