Bringing a newbie in a few weeks for 1st visit

dizneeboy

Original Poster
Hello All. Bringing someone for their first visit in a few weeks and have a really long, great trip planned out for them. Years ago when I took my nephews for the first time, I remember Cast Members at check-in taking note and leaving personalized cards in the room when we returned the first day with their favorite characters welcoming them to Disney World. Those small touches go a long way and were very cool.

I've made note on the reservation that this will be his first visit this time around but with online check-in being a thing now/skipping the check in process, has anyone experienced anything special in the rooms for first visits or special occasions? I'm not throwing down $350+ for one of the packages available but curious if special touches like those still happen or not. Thanks!

JIMINYCR

You probably wont be getting anything personalized in the rooms for being a first time visitor. You might want to bring a card from home that you give to them after arriving, you could add a gift card in as a surprise. Disney does have the First Time Visit pins that you can get at the check in desk or at the parks. We did get something in our room for noting our anniversary on our reservation but we had stayed at that resort multiple times.

slappy magoo

You never know, but FYI you can arrange something "A little special" for less than $350. Disney Floral & Gifts have presents that can be delivered to the room starting at $50. Of course "free" is always better, but if you want to make sure something special is done, doing it yourself is the best way to know it'll get done.
You can also do things beyond having gifts in the room. We've had birthday cakes waiting for us at restaurants when appropriate. I had flowers delivered to our table at Rose and Crown before popping the question. You got options not all of which will necessarily break your bank.
And of course, like @JIMINYCR suggested, you can buy a little treat locally and bring it with you. I don't know if you're bringing a friend or relative or a "someone special," but if you know him, you can get something you think he'd appreciate and pack it for when you arrive, or even before you get there, at the airport or on the road, etc.

If you want this to be special, don't necessarily rely on other people to bring the magic for you.

dizneeboy

Original Poster
Thanks All! Premier passport holder here and visit often to both coasts so I'm across all the options outside of the resort and bringing the magic myself over the years. Haven't brought a newbie in a very long time so was just asking if the resorts do anything for first visits noted in the rez like they did in the past. We have plenty of awesomeness planned so no disappointment will occur in the slightest and I'm not expecting it. Just curious. Thanks again for the replies!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom