Bring Back the Tomorrowland Towers

copcarguyp71

Could not agree more. I have no idea what the current iteration has to do with the future or tomorrow at all...it looks more like the entrance into cavemanland. I have always had this idea in my head that some high powered exec vacationed in Sedona or some other such place and was so enamoured with the ambiance that they forced the red rocks onto the rest of the world.

Now that I think about it since they did that I think we have subconsciously entered TL through FL and left TL walking towards the hub and now that I think about it that may be the reason. There just is nothing about the current facade that makes me think "Oooohh I have to go there next" as I look towards it from in front of Cinderella Castle.

lazyboy97o

Could not agree more. I have no idea what the current iteration has to do with the future or tomorrow at all...it looks more like the entrance into cavemanland. I have always had this idea in my head that some high powered exec vacationed in Sedona or some other such place and was so enamoured with the ambiance that they forced the red rocks onto the rest of the world.
They rocks at Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom are derivative of Discoveryland. I'm not sure if Discovy Bay had any similar formations.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Some pictures I took while a Tokyo Disneyland. Seeing them in person was great! They still look wonderful:

They're still "waterfalls", but not quite like WDW in the 70s:

BoarderPhreak

Unlike The Wand™ the old Tomorrowland waterfall towers were really nice to look at, relaxing and thematically fitting. I miss them. IIRC, they were a bit of a pain maintenance wise, and would often blow mist all over the walkway (it was always wet). I certainly wouldn't be opposed to seeing them reinstated, as unlikely as it is.

That said, the current look of Tomorrowland isn't bad; it's open and inviting, has an aesthetic all its own and you can see all the neon at night:

i.php

The Empress Lilly

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Is at TDL's TL entrance everything of the same scale and dimensions as the MK?

I'm jealous you got to see the towers once more! Do you miss the Starjets and WedWay?

I believe it's the same scale as MK. The one thing I can say for certain is that the moat around the hub is more like a pond, very shallow. Certainly not deep enough for any Swan Boats to sail on. I believe that's due to the fact that TDL is built on reclaimed land and the water table is too high.

Star Jets closed in October 2017 to make way for the Fantasyland expansion. Still sad about that. It was built up high like in Florida, but further away from the center of the land, across from the Speedway (also closed at the same time, for the same reasons).

I miss the WedWay. It looks weird seeing the WDW buildings without it when you look back towards the hub:

tomast

They should bring back this too.
View attachment 367850

Lets bring HIM back!!
The_Sorcerer%27s_Hat_at_DHS.jpg

But seriously, I never saw the towers in person, but i always love them and i think they give tomorrowland a more appealing look. A place you want to go. Like i can imagine a family saying, "where do you want to go next? Lets check out those towers overthere", but i dont think i will never hear "Lets go to the blue rocks kind of ice land".
it also match Space Mountain and the people mover style and somehow the contemporary.

JIMINYCR

With the 50th coming soon and so many things being put on hold or outright cancelled, this would at least dress up the area and give a nice nostalgic nod to what was once a prominent part of Tomorrowland. I'm sure Disney could in some way alter the design to prevent the water spray that caused issues.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

"Coming this summer to the Magic Kingdom, Disney will introduce an exciting new feature to the Magic Kingdom Park, the world's tallest potted plants - and not just one, but two, for twice the magic!

"We think guests will be thrilled to see such a fitting tribute to the classic former park icons - the Tomorrowland towers." Explains park president, Phil Holmes. "They really are great plants onto themselves, but it's an enitiely new dimesnion in imerssive park experiences to have two of them featured. It also demonstrates our commitment to preserving the local enviroment by not running all that water, and putting more vegetation back into the park."

Guests will be also be able to purchase commermerative merchandise at a special limited fan event next week in honor of the occassion, and of course, Disney PHOTOPASS photographers will be on hand to snap pictures at the newly placed greenery.
"

Source: moronic Disney Parks Blog post ;)
[/QUOTE if where lucky
"Coming this summer to the Magic Kingdom, Disney will introduce an exciting new feature to the Magic Kingdom Park, the world's tallest potted plants - and not just one, but two, for twice the magic!

"We think guests will be thrilled to see such a fitting tribute to the classic former park icons - the Tomorrowland towers." Explains park president, Phil Holmes. "They really are great plants onto themselves, but it's an enitiely new dimesnion in imerssive park experiences to have two of them featured. It also demonstrates our commitment to preserving the local enviroment by not running all that water, and putting more vegetation back into the park."

Guests will be also be able to purchase commermerative merchandise at a special limited fan event next week in honor of the occassion, and of course, Disney PHOTOPASS photographers will be on hand to snap pictures at the newly placed greenery.
"

Source: moronic Disney Parks Blog post ;)
and that’s not all folks, they may even do an animal cutback to save you some time and enhance your experience even more 😆

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom