Brightline/Virgin Trains USA

TrainsOfDisney

let’s not forget that Disney is paying $$$ (something they don’t like to do) to Mears for magical express. If brightline offers free rides for Disney resort guests as a condition to get a station on Disney property (which would be great for their business and marketing) now Disney can cancel magical express.

Guests could still choose Mears like before Magical Express, they would just have to pay for it.

The logistics is moving guests from the station to the resort, but Disney could always use Minnie-vans for such a thing. I could see them offering the Minnie van option for free for deluxe guests, and run dedicated busses for moderate / value? Lots of options. Could get really interesting.

the.dreamfinder

let’s not forget that Disney is paying $$$ (something they don’t like to do) to Mears for magical express. If brightline offers free rides for Disney resort guests as a condition to get a station on Disney property (which would be great for their business and marketing) now Disney can cancel magical express.

Guests could still choose Mears like before Magical Express, they would just have to pay for it.

The logistics is moving guests from the station to the resort, but Disney could always use Minnie-vans for such a thing. I could see them offering the Minnie van option for free for deluxe guests, and run dedicated busses for moderate / value? Lots of options. Could get really interesting.
A train from an airport to a train station to buses? Not much better than DME from a guest perspective. A rail connection doesn’t really work if you don’t also build a resort check in/luggage facility at that station with direct bus service to the parks during operating hours.

castlecake2.0

I lov
A train from an airport to a train station to buses? Not much better than DME from a guest perspective. A rail connection doesn’t really work if you don’t also build a resort check in/luggage facility at that station with direct bus service to the parks during operating hours.
I love trains but like you say I’d rather take one form of transport right to my resort especially when I have all my luggage with me

TrainsOfDisney

I never said it was better for the guest ;)

By moving guests to Disney property for free, now guests can be picked up by Disney Busses / Minnie Vans which eliminates Mears. That’s where the benefit for Disney comes in.

Long range plan... Disney could operate busses to resorts on a constant loop. Once guests are delivered to the Brightline Station, they can board trains to the airport, Tampa, Miami, and various direct to cruise terminals. When you think about that... there is a lot of potential there. I’m not guessing what Disney will... but it’s a lot to think about.

I agree that it’s not much better for guests... just different. Marketing wise it probably sounds really good though. Does a monorail from Polynesian get you to magic kingdom any faster than the bus from DAK to Animal Kingdom park? No but the marketing of those sleek monorails helps sell it. Same with Brightline / Virgin “high speed rail”

the.dreamfinder

I never said it was better for the guest ;)

By moving guests to Disney property for free, now guests can be picked up by Disney Busses / Minnie Vans which eliminates Mears. That’s where the benefit for Disney comes in.

Long range plan... Disney could operate busses to resorts on a constant loop. Once guests are delivered to the Brightline Station, they can board trains to the airport, Tampa, Miami, and various direct to cruise terminals. When you think about that... there is a lot of potential there. I’m not guessing what Disney will... but it’s a lot to think about.

I agree that it’s not much better for guests... just different. Marketing wise it probably sounds really good though. Does a monorail from Polynesian get you to magic kingdom any faster than the bus from DAK to Animal Kingdom park? No but the marketing of those sleek monorails helps sell it. Same with Brightline / Virgin “high speed rail”
There’s no such thing as a free lunch. I doubt Virgin wouldn’t charge something, even if it’s a discounted bulk rate, for using their trains.

I continue to maintain that Virgin is using the Disney station as a way to raise debt for the MCO extension and, eventually, the Tampa extension. So I guess that’s one reason for Virgin to give them free rides?

Robbiem

I could see this working similar to how the big resorts in Macau work. Most people arrive by ferry from Hong Kong or the international airport. At the ferry terminal there are several buses set up to meet trains and take guests and their luggage to their resort

TrainsOfDisney

There’s no such thing as a free lunch. I doubt Virgin wouldn’t charge something, even if it’s a discounted bulk rate, for using their trains.

Who knows. Coke gives Disney all the syrup for free don’t they? All kinds of crazy deals going down.

My thought was Virgin would do anything they needed to do to get permission to build on Disney property.

lazyboy97o

Who knows. Coke gives Disney all the syrup for free don’t they? All kinds of crazy deals going down.

My thought was Virgin would do anything they needed to do to get permission to build on Disney property.
No, Coke does not give Disney free product.

Virgin is trying to build a route to Tampa, not a Disney airport transit service. A Disney stop means stopping at a real destination in the Orlando area.

TrainsOfDisney

No, Coke does not give Disney free product.

Virgin is trying to build a route to Tampa, not a Disney airport transit service. A Disney stop means stopping at a real destination in the Orlando area.

Source? I’m not saying Disney gets coke free as a fact, I’ve heard they get it free or next to free. The syrup that is. I’m not talking about bottled products.

I think Virgin is trying to do many things... but if Virgin wants a stop at Disney, they maybe need to offer Disney something in return? Like an airport transfer service. Lol. No Virgin isn’t trying to get into that business... but if it gets them what they want... they’ll do it.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Source? I’m not saying Disney gets coke free as a fact, I’ve heard they get it free or next to free. The syrup that is. I’m not talking about bottled products.

I think Virgin is trying to do many things... but if Virgin wants a stop at Disney, they maybe need to offer Disney something in return? Like an airport transfer service. Lol. No Virgin isn’t trying to get into that business... but if it gets them what they want... they’ll do it.
Coke products are most likely sold to Disney at cost of making the product or just slightly above.

Victor Kelly

Coke products are most likely sold to Disney at cost of making the product or just slightly above.
I have heard this as well. Coke has been a long time sponsor of Disney. I believe that Virgin and Disney will join up for this project. Both have serious clout within Florida. This is a major project and honestly there is a need for a system to reduce vehicle traffic in the Orlando area.

If there is a stop at Disney, and Uni's new park as well as Port Canaveral and Cocoa Beach you have connected the major tourist areas with a booming city. Then you have public transportstion that links the surrounding areas. Everyone makes money. And in Effect you get Progress City, Walts true dream.

the.dreamfinder

I have heard this as well. Coke has been a long time sponsor of Disney. I believe that Virgin and Disney will join up for this project. Both have serious clout within Florida. This is a major project and honestly there is a need for a system to reduce vehicle traffic in the Orlando area.

If there is a stop at Disney, and Uni's new park as well as Port Canaveral and Cocoa Beach you have connected the major tourist areas with a booming city. Then you have public transportstion that links the surrounding areas. Everyone makes money. And in Effect you get Progress City, Walts true dream.
This project will not take vehicles off the road in a meaningful way. Maybe on the through highways there will be a slight decrease in vehicle traffic, but this rail plan is so undercooked and not optimized for the needs of Central Florida tourism or intercity mass transit in the long term.

lazyboy97o

Virgin wouldn’t be making money. None of those stations allow for dense real estate development by Virgin. Federal regulations also hinder the development of public transportation that focuses on tourist locations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom