Brief Trip Report

BasiltheBatLord

Original Poster
I’ve never done a trip report before, but as a result of there being some kinda notable stuff that happened on my trip to the parks this week as well as me being up and bored at 1:00 AM I decided to write up a quick one. This will be pretty scant as this is the 5th time I’ve been in the parks in the past 2 years (I’m sure that’s nothing to a CA resident, but for an out of state-er it’s a lot) and so most things are second nature to me now.

First, main highlight of this trip for me is that I completed The Gumball Rally/All Attractions Challenge/Whatever you want to call it. My friend (another park veteran) and I made a goal this trip of riding/experiencing every single attraction in Disneyland Park in one day and we succeeded in doing so. (I have photo proof of us on every attraction but I doubt anyone is interested in seeing 38 photos worth of my mug here). Side-note: I went to City Hall the next morning and asked if they would give me something for my “achievement”. They just said they would give me a basic “I’m Celebrating!” button with a custom message written on it. LAME!

Secondly, Tropical Hideaway opened today, as everyone knows. In-depth coverage and impressions can be found elsewhere, but here’s a quote I posted in another thread about it. My general reactions are very positive.

Anyway, I liked the Hideaway. You can tell it’s gonna become a popping “hangout” spot. Food options on the menu were not my thing but I actually had my first ever Dole Whip there and it’s also cool how you can get fruit there. Rosita is whatever. When you’re there for a while, it’s nice to look over and see that she’s there (sort of like “the regular” at a bar or restaraunt that’s always there) but her dialogue is kind of awful, it’s 80% stupid jokes and puns. She doesn’t talk that often though.

Some other random stuff worth mentioning:

- We ate lunch right next to Tim Burton and his family at Plaza Inn today... Plaid CM came in and reserved a few tables, told another CM working there that a “high-profile” was at PotC right now and coming here to eat soon which piqued our interest and so we stuck around to see who. I was expecting some Hollywood celebrity who I would never recognize in a million years but lo and behold I instantly recognized Tim Burton as he came walking in with his plate of chicken. I wonder if he rode HMH...

- Splash Mountain is a show quality wreck right now and is possibly in the worst shape I have ever seen it in in terms of AA and lighting maintenance.

- I saw the new Auction scene with my own ears and eyes for the first time and I don’t have much to say beyond what I’ve already said about it on here. We’ll always have Tokyo... (The “new” changes to the caverns were pretty cool though)

- Doing the all attraction challenge made me realize again how much Autopia and the Subs suck and how much I hope they get bulldozed for something better soon.

- The BTMRR explosion effect seems to have finally become reliably consistent, although it seems like it blows less steam than it originally did.

- Everytime I see the Tiki Room I like it more. The fact that you can bring food in makes it even better. I could see myself just posting up in there and watching the show all day.

- Saw Pixar Pier in person and it blows. Hearing the phoned in Pixar theme music instead of the great soundtrack Paradise Pier used to have was a real stab in the heart. I actually think Incredicoaster is an improvement over Screamin’ though...

- Anytime I overhear another person in the park use the acronym “DCA” in real life I always wonder if they’re a WDWMagic user...

- Watching parents get mad at their kids in the parks never gets old.

Last edited:

mickEblu

I’ve never done a trip report before, but as a result of there being some kinda notable stuff that happened on my trip to the parks this week as well as me being up and bored at 1:00 AM I decided to write up a quick one. This will be pretty scant as this is the 5th time I’ve been in the parks in the past 2 years (I’m sure that’s nothing to a CA resident, but for an out of state-er it’s a lot) and so most things are second nature to me now.

First, main highlight of this trip for me is that I completed The Gumball Rally/All Attractions Challenge/Whatever you want to call it. My friend (another park veteran) and I made a goal this trip of riding/experiencing every single attraction in Disneyland Park in one day and we succeeded in doing so. (I have photo proof of us on every attraction but I doubt anyone is interested in seeing 38 photos worth of my mug here). Side-note: I went to City Hall the next morning and asked if they would give me something for my “achievement”. They just said they would give me a basic “I’m Celebrating!” button with a custom message written on it. LAME!

Secondly, Tropical Hideaway opened today, as everyone knows. In-depth coverage and impressions can be found elsewhere, but here’s a quote I posted in another thread about it. My general reactions are very positive.

- We ate lunch right next to Tim Burton and his family at Plaza Inn today... Plaid CM came in and reserved a few tables, told another CM working there that a “high-profile” was at PotC right now and coming here to eat soon which piqued our interest and so we stuck around to see who. I was expecting some Hollywood celebrity who I would never recognize in a million years but lo and behold I instantly recognized Tim Burton as he came walking in with his plate of chicken. I wonder if he rode HMH...

- Splash Mountain is a show quality wreck right now and is possibly in the worst shape I have ever seen it in in terms of AA and lighting maintenance.

- I saw the new Auction scene with my own ears and eyes for the first time and I don’t have much to say beyond what I’ve already said about it on here. We’ll always have Tokyo... (The “new” changes to the caverns were pretty cool though)

- Doing the all attraction challenge made me realize again how much Autopia and the Subs suck and how much I hope they get bulldozed for something better soon.

- The BTMRR explosion effect seems to have finally become reliably consistent, although it seems like it blows less steam than it originally did.

- Everytime I see the Tiki Room I like it more. The fact that you can bring food in makes it even better. I could see myself just posting up in there and watching the show all day.

- Saw Pixar Pier in person and it blows. Hearing the phoned in Pixar theme music instead of the great soundtrack Paradise Pier used to have was a real stab in the heart. I actually think Incredicoaster is an improvement over Screamin’ though...

- Anytime I overhear another person in the park use the acronym “DCA” in real life I always wonder if they’re a WDWMagic user...

I want to see the proof. Please upload all 38 photos.

SuddenStorm

There are 61 attractions in Disneyland Park, not 38.

BasiltheBatLord

Original Poster
I want to see the proof. Please upload all 38 photos.
Nice try, but I'll provide a list with timestamps of each attraction:

1. Peter Pan's Flight - 8:36 AM
2. Dumbo the Flying Elephant - 8:54 AM
3. King Arthur's Carousel - 8:59 AM
4. Pinocchio's Daring Journey - 9:06 AM
5. Snow White's Scary Adventures - 9:13 AM
6. Indiana Jones Adventure - 9:38 AM
7. Tarzan's Treehouse - 9:48 AM
8. Haunted Mansion Holiday - 10:07 AM
9. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - 10:16 AM
10. Splash Mountain - 10:24 AM
11. Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage - 11:00 AM
12. It's a Small World Holiday - 11:23 AM
13. Star Tours - 11:59 AM
14. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin - 12:23 PM
15. Gadget's Go Coaster - 12:42 PM
16. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - 1:02 PM
17. Main Street Vehicles - 1:13 PM
18. Rafts to Tom Sawyer Island - 1:34 PM
19. Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes - 2:06 PM
20. Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters - 2:47 PM
21. Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough - 2:58 PM
22. Mark Twain Riverboat - 3:11 PM
23. Sailing Ship Columbia - 3:40 PM
24. Casey Jr. Circus Train - 4:07 PM
25. Autopia - 4:35 PM
26. Disneyland Railroad - 4:54 PM
27. Matterhorn Bobsleds - 5:32 PM
28. Storybook Land Canal Boats - 5:56 PM
29. Mad Tea Party - 6:11 PM
30. Alice in Wonderland - 6:22 PM
31. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - 6:34 PM
32. The Enchanted Tiki Room - 6:41 PM
33. Jungle Cruise - 6:58 PM
34. Pirates of the Caribbean - 7:26 PM
35. Space Mountain - 8:23 PM
36. Astro Orbitor - 8:56 PM
37. Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln - 9:20 PM
38. Monorail - 10:39 PM

There are 61 attractions in Disneyland Park, not 38.
See this post. I think it's a pretty comprehensive and sensible list. Only omission I can think of that could reasonably be considered an attraction in regards to something with an actual wait time (we didn't consider timetabled shows "attractions") would be the Wreck-It Ralph preview thing.

mickEblu

See this post. I think it's a pretty comprehensive and sensible list. Only omission I can think of that could reasonably be considered an attraction in regards to something with an actual wait time (we didn't consider timetabled shows "attractions") would be the Wreck-It Ralph preview thing.

Haha I believe you. I just thought it would be entertaining to see those pics.

SuddenStorm

What you consider to be an attraction is irrelevant to the challenge.

It's what Disney thinks that matters- and what Disney considers to be an attraction differs from simply "ride".

The park map is the Bible when it comes to Disneyland attractions, and it lists 61.

BasiltheBatLord

Original Poster
What you consider to be an attraction is irrelevant to the challenge.
If that's the case then I suppose every all-attraction challenge is irrelevant considering that I've never heard of any one that includes every single thing listed on the park map (what I did here was in fact more comprehensive than the DLR55 challenge, at least when it comes to Disneyland Park of course). Fortunately I don't consider something as mundane as walking around the Disney Gallery or getting a manicure at Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boutique to be an "attraction" and so I'm pretty pleased with my result.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom