Breakfast for 2 hungry teenagers

UKDisney Dave

Original Poster
So somehow I've ended up sharing my normally quiet Disney holiday with my brother, his wife and their two teenage boys!

Can anyone recommend any good breakfast places? Ones 16 the other 13, so not ruling out characters, but was thinking they would appreciate more the fab 5, and Cheeky Chip & Dale rather than princesses or Winnie the Poo and piglet!!

A buffet may be best to fill them both up, (and me!!) but not a deal breaker.

Finally if we get early park admission that's a bonus, but again I'm open to suggestions.

We're staying off property, because no "magic bubble" can make a hotel room contain us all for 14 nights, so it's a villa with our own pool, and the ability to send them to their room should the need arise! So wherever we have breakfast we would be driving in.

So best breakfast suggestions to make me an amazing Uncle most welcome.

slappy magoo

Will you be using your own car to get around or does your offsite villa provide transportation that you'll be using exclusively?

Rob562

If you have transportation, I'd suggest Trail's End at Fort Wilderness. It's the cheapest buffet on-property. It's basic breakfast stuff, but there's no characters and it's all-you-can-eat. Transportation is the only issue. If you drive, you have to park near the entrance to the campground and then take a bus to the opposite end of the property. From there you could take a boat to the Magic Kingdom, but they'd probably frown at you leaving your car in the Fort Wilderness lot all day.

Another good breakfast option is Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Also not in a park, but it has some options that go beyond mosdt other Disney breakfast buffets.

-Rob

RememberWhen

My votes would be garden grill at Epcot, or Tusker house at animal kingdom. Both could get you early entry if you pick that earliest reservation. If characters aren't your thing, I would go for trails end. If you were planning to do MK that day I would park at the TTC and boat to fort wilderness via MK.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Don't rule out Winnie the Pooh!!!!!!!!!!! CP is excellent! The stuffed french toast will stuff them. I have it booked to fill my 2 bottomless pits. As others have said GG and TH are also very good and all they can eat

slappy magoo

If you have transportation, I'd suggest Trail's End at Fort Wilderness. It's the cheapest buffet on-property. It's basic breakfast stuff, but there's no characters and it's all-you-can-eat. Transportation is the only issue. If you drive, you have to park near the entrance to the campground and then take a bus to the opposite end of the property. From there you could take a boat to the Magic Kingdom, but they'd probably frown at you leaving your car in the Fort Wilderness lot all day.
They could park at TTC, boat/monorail to MK, and then boat to FW. A lot of travel very early in the morning, but at least it's a nice view. And then their car will be where they need it to be if they're going to MK that morning.

Assuming of course they have a car and aren't relying on free buses wherever they're staying.

Another good breakfast option is Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Also not in a park, but it has some options that go beyond mosdt other Disney breakfast buffets.

-Rob

Great choice, again, if they have a car (or don't mind a cab/uber).

UKDisney Dave

Original Poster
Wow thanks for all the feedback so far! Loving all the suggestions.

Yes we will have a car, so getting around not an issue at all.

Figmentfan - I'm loving the sound of the stuffed French toast! So long as Winnie the Pooh doesn't expect me to share mine I'm sold!!

We're going to be around for 2 weeks, so I'm thinking a few early morning trips could be on the cards.

slappy magoo

Wow thanks for all the feedback so far! Loving all the suggestions.

Yes we will have a car, so getting around not an issue at all.

Figmentfan - I'm loving the sound of the stuffed French toast! So long as Winnie the Pooh doesn't expect me to share mine I'm sold!!

We're going to be around for 2 weeks, so I'm thinking a few early morning trips could be on the cards.
Since you have a car, I'd definitely try Boma, a great restaurant and a beautiful resort. Give yourself some time to explore the resort, check out the savannah.

Whether or not the teens are down with meeting characters, booking the buffets within the parks, shooting for a table at 8am, is a great way to be inside the park once the park opens. Tusker House at AK & Garden Grill at Epcot are two all-you-care-to-eat meals that give you face time with some "classic" characters versus princesses. Tusker is a buffet; Epcot is served family style,similar to ohana in the Poly.

When it comes to Disney Hollywood Studios, I'm pretty sure Hollywood and Vine is the only game in town, which means Disney Junior characters - Sofia, Doc McStuffins, Jake, Handy Manny.

Back at Epcot, there is also of course the Princess breakfast in Norway's Akershus.

In MK, again, it's princesses or Pooh - Cinderella's castle or Crystal Palace - plus a very expensive quick service option at Be Our Guest. One option would be getting there early enough to park at TTC then try one of the monorail resorts, each with a buffet or all-you-care-to-eat option, you're only losing the ability to be in the parks before they open - 1900 Park Fare at GF will have characters like Alice, Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins as well as perhaps Pooh and Tigger. But the characters who aren't obscured by masks, they tend to be funnier, at times saucier, than other locations, for older kids, might be a good choice.
'Ohanas at Poly - greasiest breakfast I've ever eaten on site, and that's saying something.
Chef Mickey's at Contemporary, very popular and the classic characters, Also at Contemporary is The Wave, which has a full menu as well as a buffet option. Might be a great choice as people who aren't hungry enough can pick an individual entree. Same deal at Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge - full menu plus a refillable skillet option. Your teens would probably more enjoy that over The Wave for the fun they have, but the Wave is very good.

And since you're staying offsite and won't be on the dining plan, you could also think about the breakfast options at Dolphin - Fresh Meditteranean's buffet - and Swan - Garden Grove has a la carte and buffet with a character buffet on the weekend. You'll have to pay to park in their lot, but you can stay parked there for the day, so a day you plan to go to Epcot or Hollywood Studios, it's a good option versus the theme park's lots, especially if you plan to stay in the park(s) all day, no going back for a nap or a swim. Book a dinner for that night in World Showcase, then when it's time to go, you can boat or even walk to Swolphin and avoid a lot of potential grief driving out of the epcot lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom