Trip Report Breaker Breaker 1-9, We're goin' live!

What's our 20? We crossed the boarder into Florida and we're keepin' an eye out for Smokey's!
IMG_20191004_081527.jpg

Plowboy

We are currently leaving Hollywood studios and apparently the gondolas crashed at the Riviera station. we saw several guest exiting that had witnessed the accident from the other side and they were extremely shaken by it.
By sheer coincidence we were on the Skyliner at about 1:00 p.m. yesterday on our way back to Pop to catch the "Tragical Express". Had this happened earlier in the day while we were on it, we'd have missed our flight and would still be in Florida.

P.S. Not to thread jack, but I have 2 observations. The first is those things come into the stations at a pretty good clip. The second is "Siri" talks way too much.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Apologies for no updates yesterday evening and today. We went to HS after MK to continue R's birthday celebration at SWGE because he is a HUGE Star Wars fan (as am I) and when I say that we had the most magical of Disney experiences , I am not joking. It was completely AMAZING and the magical moments just kept happening. Seriously, we got lost in the moment and didn't snap out of it until we left the park hours later.

Today, C's Aunt drove up to meet us all at Disney Springs for lunch at Art Smith's and to do some shopping. We wound up spending the entire day there and just got back to the Boardwalk.

The last 48 hours have been exactly what C needed after everything she's been through the last 2 years and loosing her mother. Good times with family in our favorite place. I also had a long chat with my mom this morning about family and other things and she (my mom) and my dad have been so supportive and helpful with C and myself through everything. Her and my Dad have done so much to make sure C knows that they will always be there for her and I don't know what I would have done without their support as well.

C and I are truly blessed to have wonderful family members on both sides and I have just been so happy to see her smiling the last two days. I am completely exhausted but I'll be updating this TR in the morning with the events of the last 2 days. Please bare with me and excuse the lack of pictures in this post. I just wanted to to share a quick and update with our extended Disney family.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The last 48 hours have been exactly what C needed after everything she's been through the last 2 years and loosing her mother. Good times with family in our favorite place. I also had a long chat with my mom this morning about family and other things and she (my mom) and my dad have been so supportive and helpful with C and myself through everything. Her and my Dad have done so much to make sure C knows that they will always be there for her and I don't know what I would have done without their support as well.

Awww . . . this is wonderful for C. So many family members love her, and want to make sure she is happy and cared for.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 2 updates...

We attempted to ride HM and after 20 minutes of waiting near the front door they shut the ride down. Bummer. By then we were hungry. We had gotten R a magic band at the shop near Space Mountain and they said it would be ready after 10 am so we headwd towards Comsic Ray's for lunch so we could grab the band and eat.

IMG_20191005_103342.jpg

IMG_20191005_103559.jpg

The sisters were out and stirring up a commotion. These 2 are pretty hilarious just to listen to as they argue non-stop.

IMG_20191005_105400.jpg

There are some chicken nuggets under all those fries. They had just opened and everything was fresh and hot. It was a pretty good meal. R got a kick out of Sonny.

After lunch we snagged the magic band (he got a customized Stitch band) and I didn't get a picture. We asked him what he wanted to do next and he said "shopping". C was very excited to hear that, lol. We had given him a gift card and he wanted to get some toys. We hit Main Street and he got a set of Cars action figures. I caught a bit of the parade while they checked out.

IMG_20191005_113535.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
After shopping on MSUSA R said he wanted to ride the monorail. It was getting hot and we were ready to hit the room for a break so we hit the resort line and then transferred to Epcot. R asked me if the monorail went to Star Wars Land because he wanted a light saber. I told him that the monorail was taking us to Target and that's where he could get one. He gave me a stern look and said, "no, the real lightsabers are at Wal Mart"!! The whole monorail cabin was cracking up.

Upon arriving at Epcot R was completely tuckered out and we knew he wouldn't be able to walk to Boardwalk so we caught an Uber.

He got a kick out of the cucumber water in the lobby and the hidden Mickey it contained. He loved the water and had several cups.

IMG_20191005_124654.jpg

After a relaxing break at the room we made our to the studios and headed straight to Star Tours so he could make his own lightsaber. As much as his dad wanted to get him the lightsaber from SWGE, he figured that R would somehow destroy since he is 6 years old and the old fashioned lightsaber was just as impressive to R so he might as well save $160.

IMG_20191005_160343.jpg

Now the he was armed with a light saber, we were ready for Galaxy's Edge!

IMG_20191005_161809.jpg

IMG_20191005_161743.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
We decided that grabbing some food real quick would be good to help keep R nice and fueled up. O grabbed the Rontos wrap and met C at Docking Bay since she wanted the vegan option.

IMG_20191005_164936.jpg

IMG_20191005_164925.jpg

IMG_20191005_164917.jpg

Both meals were good but we laughed that the beer was more expensive than the food, smh. C really liked the vegan meatballs and will get them again she said.

My first beer on Batuu!

IMG_20191005_165429.jpg

We explored the land after eating. I will say that they did an amazing job with the design and layout. It's very open and much bigger than we expected. But as a Star Wars fan, there wasn't much to connect with...yet.

The CM' s do an amazing job with playing their roles and it's fun to see them interacting with guests.

IMG_20191005_162848.jpg

She's hiding from the Storm Troopers.

IMG_20191005_163115.jpg

Droid Depot...

And then we found the Falcon.

IMG_20191005_171255.jpg

I was actually more excited than I expected I would be upon first seeing it.

Soon we boarded and we were ready to take off! The details inside the ship are just awesome. I was fan girling out!

IMG_20191005_172744.jpg

C and I got Gunner and R and his Dad were pilots

IMG_20191005_173225.jpg

IMG_20191005_173229.jpg

The ride was fun and the clarity of the screen is amazing. But the ride itself fell a bit short me as it really isn't anything from the actual Star Wars movies. But the fun of being a team and working together , and even making mistakes together makes up for a lack of familiar story, IMO

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
After the Falcon we started heading to Toy Story so we could ride Midway Mania and then return to Galaxy's Edge after the sunset. On our way out is when the first magical moment happened. We passed Chewbacca and out of nowhere he stopped and walked directly to R. We hadn't said anything to him. He just stopped and came over. He pointed to R's buttons (birthday and first visit buttons) and made some Chewbacca sounds. The CM' said he needed help getting to the Falcon safely. Of course we agreed.

Screenshot_20191007-075343.png

Screenshot_20191007-075358.png

A few other kids randomly joined along the way when their parents told them to follow Chewie but R was much more interactive with Chewie and we could tell whoever was "playing" Chewie was getting a kick out of it.
IMG_20191005_174533.jpg

We got him to the Falcon safely and he thanked all the kids. R just went right in for the hug.

The whole experience lasted several minutes as he ducked around corners and avoided Storm Troopers on the way. As we made our way out of the land we were all smiles and talkin about how much fun it was to have such an interactive experience and even as adults simply watching it was just fun. We thought we were pretty lucky for him to have stopped and selected R randomly. little did we know that experience would be nothing compared to what happened later on...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
We got Midway Mania and we're still talking about how much fun we had just had. We managed to stop geeking out long enough to enjoy the ride.

IMG_20191005_192800.jpg

IMG_20191005_194125.jpg

After Midway, I needed a fuel rod so R's dad and I walked over to to RnR to get a fresh one and C and R got a snack and waited for us.

537247282_965316781_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom