Break-up therapy: GO TO WDW!

rodserling27

Original Poster
After attempting to peacefully resolve things with my estranged fiance on Saturday, she came out in full-force bi-atch mode today and basically told me that she hated me and never wants to see me again. It's a shame really, her first trip to WDW was with me this past summer. That's OK, I'm much better off without her.

So what's the ONLY thing that can make me feel better?? Another trip to WDW!!! I think I will take a nice trip down there with my brother or sister. I just renewed my annual pass and cannot wait to go see the new Fantasyland. I haven't been there since June and I am ready to go back. I am really pumped to go because it's the one thing that will always make me happy, no matter what. I can easily lose myself there, forget about how horrible the ex-fiance was to me in recent months, and focus on just having a good time. And I'm sure with the awesome WDWMagic fans here, my life will be back to normal in no time! (As normal as a WDWMagic member's life can be, that is ;)). I have been to WDW enough to not have to worry about thinking of her.

Has anyone else ever used WDW as a therapeutic thing? Anyone ever go there to heal some wounds? Share your experiences.

luv

After attempting to peacefully resolve things with my estranged fiance on Saturday, she came out in full-force bi-atch mode today and basically told me that she hated me and never wants to see me again. It's a shame really, her first trip to WDW was with me this past summer. That's OK, I'm much better off without her.

So what's the ONLY thing that can make me feel better?? Another trip to WDW!!! I think I will take a nice trip down there with my brother or sister. I just renewed my annual pass and cannot wait to go see the new Fantasyland. I haven't been there since June and I am ready to go back. I am really pumped to go because it's the one thing that will always make me happy, no matter what. I can easily lose myself there, forget about how horrible the ex-fiance was to me in recent months, and focus on just having a good time. And I'm sure with the awesome WDWMagic fans here, my life will be back to normal in no time! (As normal as a WDWMagic member's life can be, that is ;)). I have been to WDW enough to not have to worry about thinking of her.

Has anyone else ever used WDW as a therapeutic thing? Anyone ever go there to heal some wounds? Share your experiences.
Did she "basically" say she hates you and never wants to see you again or did she ACTUALLY say she hates you and never wants to see you again?

Because people breaking up with someone rarely say, "I hate you and never want to see you again" unless the person was abusive, a cheater or insane. If the person was insane, they don't usually say "hate."

I'm sorry you are hurting, as you obviously are, but it sounds like either you did something horrid and thereby incurred her wrath...or you were engaged to a mean, rude and at least slightly crazy woman.

Traveling almost always helps bad situations. It helps to go somewhere you haven't been before, but just getting away will help some, I'm sure.

Good luck and have fun!

rodserling27

Original Poster
Did she "basically" say she hates you and never wants to see you again or did she ACTUALLY say she hates you and never wants to see you again?

Because people breaking up with someone rarely say, "I hate you and never want to see you again" unless the person was abusive, a cheater or insane. If the person was insane, they don't usually say "hate."

I'm sorry you are hurting, as you obviously are, but it sounds like either you did something horrid and thereby incurred her wrath...or you were engaged to a mean, rude and at least slightly crazy woman.

Traveling almost always helps bad situations. It helps to go somewhere you haven't been before, but just getting away will help some, I'm sure.

Good luck and have fun!
1. She ACTUALLY said she hated me and that she never wanted to see me again.
2. I did nothing wrong. I just gave and gave and gave and compromised over and over...she was just horrible and hiding her real self from me for the longest time. Took me forever to see it. Glad I did prior to marriage!
:)

luv

1. She ACTUALLY said she hated me and that she never wanted to see me again.
2. I did nothing wrong. I just gave and gave and gave and compromised over and over...she was just horrible and hiding her real self from me for the longest time. Took me forever to see it. Glad I did prior to marriage!
:)
Well, she certainly sounds very unstable. Guess you dodged a bullet there!!

menamechris

All the time. I am lucky being in Orlando. There have been a few times that I have gone straight there after work because my day was so bad. It doesn't have to be Disney though. Anytime you are going out of your way to do something you know will make you feel better, you are taking the first step to feeling better. Too many people prefer to dwell and pity themselves....

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I did a sanity trip in April for 6 days. It was just a lot of things that should have gone right, went wrong from the beginning of the year. Nothing major more everything seemed to have a bump to it. In a weak moment I called my son who I hadn't seen in a while and had him check his discount for me, I booked airfare, asked DH if he was in or out 'cause I was going and in a few days I was in the warmth of Florida.

I did the same thing about 10 years ago, my boss had pushed and annoyed. I booked a trip for a family of four and we were gone in 4 days for 2 weeks. Now that was marathon packing.

zurgandfriend

First of all give thanks that you did not marry her sound likes she's a looney. To answer your question your question our first trip to Disney with our son was a family bonding trip. When we was a baby I had a job that took me around the world including some rather dangerous places. I left that job for something more stay at home and we went to WDW as a family. That trip resolved a lot of "family" issues.

Jo DeVil

That bullet was nicely dodged! I think any excuse to go to WDW will help anyone's sanity, and the bright side it will cost less that the lawyer (had you married her) for the devoice, and the shrink. I bet your family could see her true colours and you would defend her, if so this would also be a good time to get back with your siblings. Go and enjoy. TTFN Jo

powlessfamily4

GO! Leave your phone off! No social media. This way you on't have to worry about seeing or hearing anything about her. Wipe it from your mind and have a grand time! :)

CLandrum

WOW! Sorry to hear about that. I have never used WDW for therapy but I did use it to meet my fiance. We met on DISDates.com. Might want to give it a try after your therapeutic trip to WDW. Have a great trip.

bgraham34

Well I did essentially break up with my girlfriend at Disney World. I was sitting down watching Fantasmic and all of a sudden it hit me. Just a week after Sept 11 2001 I realized she was not the one. I needed someone who was more family centric than she was.

DisneyPrincess5

I'm sorry to hear about your breakup. Even if its something for the better, it's still a transition and hope you're doing well. YES Disney is my therapy for my work stress!!! Whenever I'm having difficulty getting through a day at work, I turn to you fine folks of WDWMagic, my Disney apps, and Disney music to help me through til I get home!

PUSH

Well, I don't want to get into details because it may cause controversy, but we took a trip down there two years ago, and while it wasn't intended to be a "get-away-from-horrible-things" trip, it sure ended up being one.

LambertLion

Hey - Just wanted to say sorry you were given a lousy time, and I hope you have a blast on your trip! I go to WDW solo once each year or so, and it's very calming for me. Have fun!

Bob Saget

Losing the Bob Saget act to be serious for a monent..
I lost my mother this past summer due to a severe stroke. It was the roughest thing I've ever experienced in my entire life, and I don't know if I'll ever fully get over the pain. Back in August, I was nearly at breaking point & took off to WDW for just a couple days. It wasn't a long trip by any means, but it did do wonders just to get away and recharge the mental batteries. So yes, escaping to WDW (or anywhere away from the norm) is great medicine for the soul, especially during stressful times.

Sorry to hear about your breakup. Hope you have a great trip!

Lynn1030

In order for it to be a post break-up trip, you have to skip around World Showcase singing at the top of your lungs with your best Taylor Swift impersonation "We are never ever ever getting back together! Like...EVER!"

CLandrum

Losing the Bob Saget act to be serious for a monent..
I lost my mother this past summer due to a severe stroke. It was the roughest thing I've ever experienced in my entire life, and I don't know if I'll ever fully get over the pain. Back in August, I was nearly at breaking point & took off to WDW for just a couple days. It wasn't a long trip by any means, but it did do wonders just to get away and recharge the mental batteries. So yes, escaping to WDW (or anywhere away from the norm) is great medicine for the soul, especially during stressful times.

Sorry to hear about your breakup. Hope you have a great trip!

So sorry for your loss. I lost my grandmother who may as well of been my mother in 2000. She had a major heart attack in front of me while I was 9 months pregnant. I hate to be the cliche but it does get better over time. I am so glad you found a good way to get "out of your head" for a little bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom