Brazilian Tour Groups at WDW

Myron

Original Poster
Do those Brazilian Tour Groups still come to WDW every summer? I haven't returned since 1998 as a result. They were more than obnoxious; one girl slapped my friend in the face. It happened at the "Lion King" show at the Animal Kingdom. It seems they leave the line to "cool off" and leave 1 tour member on the line. They take turns doing this. When my friend resisted letting them back in line, he was struck. These kids are arrogant and think that WDW is theirs. We've had problems with them pushing in front of us back when they had the "Electrical Parade". Besides pushing for spaces in front of us, they kept waving banners in front of my camcorder, which ruined my tapes! We haven't returned to WDW since these experiences.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
well, 1. dont blame disney. just go when they arent there.... maybe the other 9 months of the year. 2. they have a different culture and to them, waving banners in parades or social events maybe custom. 3. most tour groups are like this...... try going when the cheerleading groups are there. 4. getting slapped....... if she was hot then he should have thanked her and gotten some digits. :lol:

dont let tour groups spoil your vacations in the future, just call ahead to see when they are scheduled.

bhg469

When my girlfriend was a cm she recalled a few occasions where they got topless in her store, and also has seen them put on shirts and walk out without paying. thats not limited to brazilians though.

Number_6

First off, yes the Brazillian tour groups are back. We've started seeing some of them in DisneyQuest. Secondly, I think we had a whole bunch of threads about them last year that just did not go to any good places, so it might be best to just let it go. As a guest, I have experienced several tour groups from all over, sometimes it was a good experience, sometimes not so good. But it would be appreciated to not single out one group over all others, even if it seems that poor behavior sticks out more from that group. Several of our members here are from Brazil and those members are great people. By saying it is just the Brazillians makes it sound like our friends here should be included in that group, when we know that they are very nice, polite and friendly and also are great guests at the Parks.

Mmmeredith

I don't think Brazilians should take all the heat for stupid and/or obnoxious things done at WDW. After all, the wonderful thing about Disney World is that you can be annoyed by people from around the world.:animwink: Seriously though, the things that have upset me the most have been done by other Americans. Who spanks there kid in the middle of Fantasyland?

Captain Chaos

I understand where you are coming from. I have been to WDW when these Brazilian tour groups were there. And yes, they are rude and obnoxious. But so are the other guests at WDW. There are times I have been waiting on line for a ride and have been pushed by Americans. The only real obnoxious thing I encountered with the Brazilian groups were them screaming while waiting for an attraction.. Oh yea.. there was this one time at Fantasmic. One Brazilian tour group was waving their flag, before the show started so it really wasn't in anyone's way... Someone in the group started yelling how Brazil was number one.. I think they meant their soccer team since it was around the time of the World Cup... Again, nothing too bad... But then, things got bad because someone else started yelling back about America being number one... And everytime a USA USA chant started the Brazilians booed loudly... But, I have noticed obnoxious behavior with EVERYONE at WDW, not just the Brazilian tour groups...

Since1976

My biggest dread about my upcoming Disney trip is that it will be ruined not by the parks themselves, but by other people's behavior at the parks.

I don't think rude behavior is limited to Brazilians, but rather to ANY large group of people. Even groups of otherwise pleasant individuals tend to take on a gang mentality. They forget that there are others around them, and they don't fear being punished because they have strength in numbers.

Whenever I'm at WDW and I see a large group of people dressed in identical colored shirts -- be it a family reunion, a church group, a botanists' club, and stamp collectors' club, whatever -- I usually turn and walk the other way.

I wish there were a way for WDW to put up signage to politely suggest that large groups disperse. There's no way to enforce it, but at the very least it reminds these big groups that they may be exclusionary and intimidating to other guests.

wannab@dis

I've seen problem with the Brazilian tour groups and I agree that their excitement tends to overcome their better judgement. However, I have to say the Pop Warner groups that I've encountered in December are much worse! I never want to hear another group of loud, obnoxious cheerleaders while waiting in an enclosed queue. :lol:

TheREALGoof

Lets just say that my family has had quite a few run ins with tour groups, but especially the Brazilians and Argentinians. One year I remember waiting for my mom to get out of the bathroom after her one millionth bathroom stop and we over at the Tomorrowland Pavillion and the Brazilians were on one side and the Argentinians on the other, shouting back and forth their Countries Anthems, getting louder and louder and more violent. Apparently Winnie the Pooh sides with the Brazilians as an enormous stuffed animal helped the Brazilians wave a flag. We nearly lost my mom and sister in the viscious crowd, and many managers and park workers had to come break it up. It actually got pretty bad.

Every year, we always guess on when our first experience with the foreign tour groups is. I have no problem with them (meaning im not racist or anything like that) but it always starts off normal and then its just a chain reaction of problems with them. If I wanted to see annoying kids from all over the world, Id just go to Its a Small World (just kiddin).

For some reason, I think my dad enjoys having confrontations with these kids. My dad is a big dude and he doesnt like to be pushed around. He doesnt have to speak their language, but if one or 50 try to cut, and he turns around and just looks at them, they run to the back very quickly.

I guess Disney is open to the world and you are always guaranteed to have encounters with guests from all over the place, but I do agree that it isnt just limited to the foreign guests. We Americans can be just as bad and rude. I guess thats the wonderful thing about Disney. It can bring out the kid anyone, or if the line is just long enough, itll bring out the villian too.

bhg469

barnum42 said:
Is this the place to tell you about the new Harry Potter ride and the monorail expansion? ;) :lol:

And by monorail expansion you mean an expansion to the 5th gate right?

Number_6

Since1976 said:
I wish there were a way for WDW to put up signage to politely suggest that large groups disperse. There's no way to enforce it, but at the very least it reminds these big groups that they may be exclusionary and intimidating to other guests.

Quote from the Jungle Cruise queue area: "Due to the limited amount of space on our Jungle Cruise boats, it is suggested that groups of 33 split into two groups of 16 1/2 each." :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom