Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABQ

Let us remember the biggest loss of Brazil coming to WS, the German train garden.

It's a bummer to lose it but hey, new country! I've been looking forward to WS additions for a long time.
I dislike that loss so much, still don't understand why Brazil cannot go on the other side of Germany rather than between Germany and Italy.

trainplane3

I dislike that loss so much, still don't understand why Brazil cannot go on the other side of Germany rather than between Germany and Italy.
I hate it as well. But knowing the train garden always sat on a country expansion pad and the trains were kind of a "bonus" does make it slightly less painful. It'd be nice if they would move the trains to the other side of Germany. I believe that's a food booth/"patio" location, but it'd be nice if they could integrate the train garden into it.

spresso81

I don’t know.

At least it looks like they’ve settled on a location. For a while it was proposed in front of the Rat show building.

I was hoping that they would place the Brazil pavilion in front of the RAT ride if there is no ride/attraction going to the future Brazil pavilion.

The good news is that WDI still feels it can put a small country pavilion in front of the RAT ride. This would be a great place for a non-ride/attraction Spain pavilion as Spain fits in perfectly geographically between France and Morocco.

hobovampire

Ya'll got me lookin' at google maps to see, but yeah it's a good spot. And there's so much room on the otherside, gosh I hope a spain and maybe one more happens.

Dumb question: What was the latest country to be added or have there been no additions, as in what the park opened with is what is there now? I was only born in '92 and my first trip was '96 so I have no clue.

trainplane3

Ya'll got me lookin' at google maps to see, but yeah it's a good spot. And there's so much room on the otherside, gosh I hope a spain and maybe one more happens.

Dumb question: What was the latest country to be added or have there been no additions, as in what the park opened with is what is there now? I was only born in '92 and my first trip was '96 so I have no clue.
Norway is the latest pavilion, added in 1988. Morocco was before it in 1984.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Because there’s a long term master plan. Maybe.
I’ve heard this mentioned a lot but always struggle to come up with an idea on how it wouldn’t be very dull...
It wasn’t dull in 1982. Back when people had longer attention spans.

I may have missed this earlier, but what is the one after Spain?
There hasn’t been a public announcement yet.

UpAllNight

It wasn’t dull in 1982. Back when people had longer attention spans.

I don’t really buy that. Great old films are still great films. There’s a reason kids are still brought up on and hooked by the likes of Snow White.

The issue for me is more advancement in what is possible with themed entertainment and the expectations that come with the price it costs to get in them these days. If they built this ride and it was good I don’t think people would complain...it just doesn’t sound good to me. Like...I can’t picture what it would entail.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Could a possible Brazil pavilion use the empty Germany warehouse for a dark ride?

Anything's possible. France is using the back half of an empty pad for it's new ride. Norway is using the front half of an empty pad for a M&G. However, in a standard pad, there is enough room for a pavilion with an attraction, which means Brazil doesn't have to use Germany's land for an attraction.

MrHappy

I was hoping that they would place the Brazil pavilion in front of the RAT ride if there is no ride/attraction going to the future Brazil pavilion.

The good news is that WDI still feels it can put a small country pavilion in front of the RAT ride. This would be a great place for a non-ride/attraction Spain pavilion as Spain fits in perfectly geographically between France and Morocco.
I'm hoping this spot is for a new Aladdin dark ride.

seabreezept813

It’s a tough choice either way. If they do build it some people will say they are pushing religion (which seems silly to). If they don’t build it, it’ll be seen as a war on Christ statues (which also seems silly to me). Either way, there will likely be souvenir Christ statues in the gift shop...

If they have a good gift shop it would be impressive.. we struggled to find touristy gifts when in Rio

21stamps

FYI- On the Christ the Redeemer of the Andes issue, there's already a Muslim prayer tower as part of the Morocco pavilion.

How many people, especially Americans, even realize what that tower is.

I wish I was saying this in full jest, but it’s sadly half-jest. ;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don’t really buy that. Great old films are still great films. There’s a reason kids are still brought up on and hooked by the likes of Snow White.

The issue for me is more advancement in what is possible with themed entertainment and the expectations that come with the price it costs to get in them these days. If they built this ride and it was good I don’t think people would complain...it just doesn’t sound good to me. Like...I can’t picture what it would entail.
Think El Rio Del Tiempo around Germany.

Like I said, it would have been good for 1982.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom