Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhg469

Egypt would be spectacular, and the attraction possibilities are boundless. Not that it would be my first choice but they could easily squeeze in Indiana Jones.
I'd also be in favor of India or Thailand.
Ohh thailand would be super cool. Also i loves me some green curry

TeriofTerror

I get it. AK has improved leaps and bounds since I was a kid at Disney, so who knows what my sister and I would have chosen if we were that young again. While we loved the kids activities, and just overall were amazed at a lot of WS, we both wanted more attractions.

After 35 years, Mexico and Norway are still the only countries to have rides. France is finally getting one in a few years, followed by the UK. Although this is a step in the right direction, it's not enough. The International Gateway side of the park could end up with congestion to match what Norway had when Frozen opened. A Brazilian attraction would help with this (again, along with that Fuji coaster that's probably never going to be built :(). And don't get me started on the Canadian pavilion. It not only needs a QS restaurant, but a ride would be a nice addition. If you enter the WS from the Imagination side of FW, I don't think it's the most exciting way to start the journey around the WS.
And a high-caliber table service option for the America Pavilion!

DisneyNittany

whatever the hell they eat on the Left Coast for dinner

Tofu...
clear.png
clear.png
clear.png

Princess Leia

They could/should do so much with it. Burgers, wings, steak sandwiches, hot dogs for lunch, full Thanksgiving dinner, BBQ, Lobster, Crabcakes, Tex Mex, whatever the hell they eat on the Left Coast for dinner

If we're going to include the food I ate in Alaska this summer, reindeer sausage pizza and salmon.

AEfx

Personally I'd love either Russia, Greece, or Egypt.

Well, that's the thing - and part of the reason the concept itself of World Showcase is so problematic these days.

I don't think I need to comment about why Russia would not fly - Disney would not touch that with a thousand-foot-pole.

Greece is bankrupt; I don't think there will be any money coming from them to build a pavilion any time soon.

And Egypt is such a political hotbed and shifting regimes right now, I can't see that, either.

It's just not the 1980's any more. The world is in such a hyper-political state right now - that shows no signs of slowing or changing whatsoever - that the choices of what to add are very, very limited. Not to mention, the concept of "cultural appropriation" itself is so controversial these days it's just shocking they are going to add a new country, at all. There is no way the current cultural shifts would allow Disney to get away with it.

No Name

Wasn't that once a rumor of something they were actually going to add to begin with?

It was announced, but that doesn't neccesarily make it right at the time, or especially now.

The main argument is that Equatorial Africa is not a single country whereas the others are. They didn't lump France and Spain together, so why should they lump countries in Africa together? You could argue that the differences are much much larger between the former than the latter, but is that true, or it it simply our inability to recognize them?

Is this racist?

That's a question we could argue for hours. I can certainly see how building an "Equatorial Africa" pavilion would cause a stir.

Last edited:

AEfx

That's a question we could argue for hours. I can certainly see how building an "Equatorial Africa" pavilion would cause a stir.

Not nearly as much as Russia, Israel, or some of the other countries being suggested...

That said, I don't necessarily disagree - I'm surprised they even would build another one period at this point, for this and a whole myriad of reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom