Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Cliff

Peru's always been my favourite country to visit in South America and I would love a Peru pavilion with a Pisco sour bar and a restaurant serving up the old favourites like lomo saltado and a range of ceviches. Sadly, I guess there are no big Peruvian companies willing to foot the bill.
Well, Inca Kola is already available at Disney Springs!
Really? Whereabouts?

Madame Medusa

I'm beyond furious that there was no mention of this.

I doubt we'll ever see a new nation ever represented in World Showcase at this point. All these rumors amount to nothing.

What's the point of even hoping? :cry:

clemmo

I'm guessing epcots 40th 2022 for this. Would seemingly be a nice way to wrap up the overhaul.

raven

Easy there, killer. If @marni1971 and others say it's happening, I trust it's happening. Just a matter of "when."
They also said that the news they just released about Epcot is only a small portion of what is planned for the park. They are wise not to release info on everything at once. The Brazil Pavilion probably doesn't have a solid plan yet and they are still ironing out details. They don't want a repeat of Pandora when they announced it 6 years before it opened.

clemmo

I think something I took away from the parks and resorts presentation was how there is more in the pipeline and this is just what we're announcing now.
Agreed. There seems to be a lot in the pipeline and luckily we know about some of it from our insiders. No need to announce all of this stuff at one time. Honestly I wasn't even expecting this much to be announced until @marni1971 started hinting we could be in for a good deal of announcements.

Disone

They're still dotting the ayes and crossing the tees on the paperwork. This could have been announced but got removed from the list.
Question on that then, does that mean it's not quite as Greenlight as perhaps we had hoped? Clearly in the past I've actually announced countries and then nothing has happened :-( so I'm glad they didn't repeat that mistake today but it does make me wonder if this isn't as far as long, or as close to happening as we are hoping.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Question on that then, does that mean it's not quite as Greenlight as perhaps we had hoped? Clearly in the past I've actually announced countries and then nothing has happened :-( so I'm glad they didn't repeat that mistake today but it does make me wonder if this isn't as far as long, or as close to happening as we are hoping.
It's still currently scheduled to open before the 50th.

drwadadli

Since it didn't get mentioned at yesterday, I hope this is not dropped or delayed. As previously mentioned by others, I know the permits have been filed. Was the reason it was not mentioned because the permits have not been approved and therefore; they wanted to get people's hopes up incase the permits are denied?

I also noticed nothing was mentioned about additions to the UK pavilion but at the same time, I haven't read anywhere that they have even filed permits for that addition yet.

Disone

It's still currently scheduled to open before the 50th.
Thanks and sorry for the typo. You probably figure it out what I meant to say is that they, Walt Disney World, have announced World Showcase Pavilions that I've never happened. I certainly have never announced them, though I do wish I had that power. Although it occurs to me that I do......

I'm going to announce that they are building Egypt! And just like when they announcement a pavilion, that too is not going to happen. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom