Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Leia

I couldn't find the post, but one of the insiders once remarked that there were three countries for WS pavilions under consideration:

#1 was likely, but not finalized
#2 was possible, but not certain
#3 was being considered by very unlikely.

My assumption would be that #1 is Brazil, #2 is Spain and #3 could be any number of countries (maybe Australia or India?)
Pretty sure the insider was @marni1971

WDW1974

As far as I can tell, the rumor is starting right here, with neither bloggers nor podcasters.

I don't know of anyone suggesting it WILL happen. Rat is far more certain. And even with it, I'll believe it when I see excavators. Far too many canceled and changed plans over the years. ESPECIALLY in World Showcase.

Well, I'd like to believe the rumor is well-sourced and has evidence to prove that it is being considered.

The Rat ride most definitely is, although as far as I know it still is not 100% happening yet ... but very, very likely (and, no, I don't agree with the decision!)

Disney4family

Maybe you wouldn't need a ride.
Maybe it would be a a bunch of contests -
1) Guests on opposite sides of the pavilion to link arms and walk together 20 abreast and see which side gets through
2) Who can stand on a line and get the most friends to cut to reach them?
3) Who can chant the loudest?
4) Who can claim to not understand English the longest?
What souvenirs (made in China) would we be able to purchase? Various definitions of the word "thongs"?

Capsin4

I could see them doing something like this in a similar way the Mexico pavilion is depicted. Indoors, in the evening with the statue illuminated.

In any case, the Amazon should be a subject of a ride in WS or DAK. I think if we get Brazil in WS, then I have doubts we would ever see South America in DAK. Tough decision for the deciders I think.
WS can focus on people and culture and leave the rainforest to AK.

the.dreamfinder

Not to get into a "why didn't you include x song tangent", but...

924877-swedishchef_myspace.jpg

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
This is a rumor that is far, far, far, far from happening. ... I'm not even sure it has real legit background or if it is coming from a faction of WDI (see leaked HKDL plans that still are NOT a go) or bloggers/podcasters who have a bunch of circumstantial items that they are using to take a very huge leap.

Honestly, if WS was getting an addition, I can think of half a dozen countries that would make more sense than Brazil.

Tour groups and a failed and troubling Olympiad in no way should lead to a conclusion here.

Lots of stuff being talked about with a fair amount happening ... but this ...

Thank you @WDW1974 let's hope this thread dies at three pages.

ToTBellHop

Testy tonight aren't we?

Let's calm down a bit. I'm not looking for a civil war amongst members, but I don't want to see multiple pages of a thread which could parallel the thought process and the wishful thinking of something like say Monorail expansion or a 5th gate.
Am I known for propagating falsehoods?

I'm not JT.

1974 also swears Star Wars Land is opening in 2021. I hear differently. We all win some and lose some. I heard Paint the Night was coming. Clearly that was incorrect.

Thank goodness this is a rumor board. I find rumors fascinating as they give a glimpse at how the company works. If one does not care for the fact that sometimes we miss the mark here, there is always the www.wdwmagic.com main page, which deals only in verified facts.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member

I'm not JT.

1974 also swears Star Wars Land is opening in 2021. I hear differently. We all win some and lose some. I heard Paint the Night was coming. Clearly that was incorrect.

Thank goodness this is a rumor board. I find rumors fascinating as they give a glimpse at how the company works. If one does not care for the fact that sometimes we miss the mark here, there is always the www.wdwmagic.com main page, which deals only in verified facts.

You are not even in the same universe as JT. I wouldn't wish something so horrible like that against anyone.

jpeden

In the Parks
No

I'm not JT.

Mic. Drop.

matt9112

Brazil is a country that really provides a lot of possibilities and directions for Disney to take in terms of aesthetics. Will it have more of an Amazon vibe or that of Rio de Janeiro? My guess is the latter.

If so, will the Christ the Redeemer statue be the focal point? I'm not sure what else would be recognizable enough.

So a giant slum? Ghettos so large they are not even policed. Meh not anything great IMO some Brazilian steak house im sure and some gifts. Would have much rather liked Spain but Brazil is a huge market for WDW...this makes sense pander to your audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom