Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

nickys

Premium Member
Maybe they should just expand all of the countries they have. This way each one can actually have something to do in it besides eating overpriced food and watching a movie.

Coco, Mulan, Aladdin, Mary Poppins, etc

P.S. At least we'll have 3 rides now, after Ratatouille is done.
I think Rat will make it two.

With one animatronic show and three movies, plus a sing-along show.

MickeyMouse10

There's Norway I would make that mistake.

I know, I wake up with a cold sweat yelling "LET IT GOOO, LET IT GOOO."

My brother came in last time and said you're having "Frozen nightmares again".

".....Yeah I know..." I said with tears streaming down my face. "Why did they have to replace the Maelstrom?.... I'll buy a 3 headed Troll doll. Fricking Bob Iger."

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Maybe Epcot isn't for you, chief.
I think I’ve come full circle on my views of Epcot...the last year or so but especially in light of recent events/plagues.

I used to go on rants as an Epcot purist (for decades) that would make your eyes/ears bleed.

But I’m ok with it now. Decent/applicable IP like the ratatouille ride (not frozen)...the 3 caballeros overlays...a poppins in UK...something Mulan based...I’m ok with it.

New countries have zero chance if you look at the climate...the formula is busted and now more than ever it looks like there is absolutely little to offer Disney or the sucker sponsors to “add countries”

I’m resigned to be glad we got a world showcase at all...it’s a miracle now to look back and think they built it. Another reason why there’ll never be another Epcot. Built in a different time and Disney had way more respect for its customers then.

Sir_Cliff

The general concept of World Showcase is, IMO, still a good and profitable one for Disney. The idea of walking from country to country is easy to understand and appealing, and it also gives Disney a perfect opportunity to market cash-generating restaurants and bars as attractions. It's really the one part of Epcot that doesn't need major re-thinking, just new attractions... and it seems to be able to get by even without many of those.

I'm honestly a little surprised the economics of a new pavilion haven't worked as it would be loaded up with retail and dining. A major blight on Epcot's development seems to have been the original sponsorship model that Disney never let go of entirely. It's the one park in which at least up until recently they have remained reluctant to open anything unless there are sponsors involved, and that model makes little sense anymore for sponsors.

Last edited:

SpaceMountain77

I think I’ve come full circle on my views of Epcot...the last year or so but especially in light of recent events/plagues.

I used to go on rants as an Epcot purist (for decades) that would make your eyes/ears bleed.

But I’m ok with it now. Decent/applicable IP like the ratatouille ride (not frozen)...the 3 caballeros overlays...a poppins in UK...something Mulan based...I’m ok with it.

New countries have zero chance if you look at the climate...the formula is busted and now more than ever it looks like there is absolutely little to offer Disney or the sucker sponsors to “add countries”

I’m resigned to be glad we got a world showcase at all...it’s a miracle now to look back and think they built it. Another reason why there’ll never be another Epcot. Built in a different time and Disney had way more respect for its customers then.

My Epcot Center purism has also diluted.

When I was a child, in the 1980s, air travel was glamorous and aspirational. We, along with other families we knew, traveled by car. My siblings and I enjoyed the sites along I-95, from New Jersey to Florida, from the windows of a Buick LeSabre station wagon (charcoal with a burgundy interior).

World Showcase, to us at the time, was a once in a lifetime opportunity because we never envisioned traveling outside of the United States. Sadly, the Buick did not have pontoon capabilities.

Nowadays, air travel is common place and having a passport is neither a differentiator nor unique. The allure and romance of travel abroad has gone the way of Members Only jackets and Walkmans.

For me, the spirit of Epcot Center lives on in its festivals and, specifically, Food & Wine and the International Festival of the Holidays. Our shared story, for me, is evidenced over shared meals and storytelling.

If possible, I would appreciate the coupling of travelogues with IP-based attractions. With France, for example, I believe it is nice to have Impressions de France along with Remy's Ratatouille Adventure, to inform and inspire.

MickeyMouse10

You might be thinking of an "amusement park" or perhaps a "carnival."

You maybe thinking of a park???

Where you can play frisbee or hacky sack with yourself. But you can't go on the swings because there is no one there to push you, but random strangers. And they look at you strangely because you're having a picnic and laughing all by yourself.

hahahahahaha...hahahahaha..ha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom