Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

Mike S

It boggles my mind how some of us can read Martin's posts and get his message of "Brazil is happening, but might not be announced" and another portion gets a completely different message of "Brazil is 100% getting announced at D23 and I'm going to look real stupid if it's not".
There was a tweet from a company mentioning that someone who works for them was in Brazil looking for potential hires for the pavilion that very quickly got deleted.

This obviously fanned the flames making people expect an announcement.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It boggles my mind how some of us can read Martin's posts and get his message of "Brazil is happening, but might not be announced" and another portion gets a completely different message of "Brazil is 100% getting announced at D23 and I'm going to look real stupid if it's not".

That approach reminds me of an unscrupulous person, to be honest.

We really need to get out of this train of thought that ALL big announcements will happen ONLY at D23. The fact that they announced Disneyland's MMRR weeks/months before D23 should have been evidence enough of that...

THIS times a googolplex!!!! People have elevated D23 into this be-all-end-all of Disney announcements, and I have no clue as to why.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We really need to get out of this train of thought that ALL big announcements will happen ONLY at D23. The fact that they announced Disneyland's MMRR weeks/months before D23 should have been evidence enough of that...
I fully support you here...

The problem is that’s what we’ve allowed to happen. And TWDC isn’t stupid (however people are)...they know the fans get whipped up for this and it’s tons of free publicity that sells their products. Same way movie studios love comic con.

So they can avoid new expenditures with more frequency because WE have accepted the 2 year thing and go with it.

Disney used to be more like six flags...an announcement a year with a press release and the dozers moved in.

Now everything is “staged” like Apple...but with less frequency so bob can stock watch more.

I mean...they announced a target...that should be surreal to near everyone. We let them get into a pattern that allows this. Hype, announcement, reaction, two year rebuild.

It’s easier than running for Congress these days.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I’m not sure that’s the take away. That’s not where my “camp” is...it’s too black and white in a “grey” area.

I think we all need to accept what TWDC is an judge our rumors in that context. They don’t want to build stuff...they don’t want to convince you that you need them. They are in a position of power and will act that way.

In that frame, the fickle nature of a Wall Street business is gonna cut the head off a lot of these snakes at bad times. And as Disney is notorious for...a lot of this is exploratory and the really UPPER management is ok to let things play out with no intention of following through...to keep the designers and managers occupied while they scheme on more financial or expansion minded matters.

Anything that was announced this week meant nothing to the board and executives. Which is why it is comparatively “soft”.

Why? Their stock is great and they have spent probably 2 years solely focused on Fox and the streaming platform. The rest is “running itself” right now.

Maybe things will change where the parks light goes on again for the next time? It’s looking that way. GOOD for us.

I believe Marty that he has connections that are confident. I do.
I also believe those mid level connections are being played by the only offices that matter: to the left of Sneezy, Sleepy, and Bashful.

And that’s not taking into account all the other chatter/noise that House of Hens churns out from the mid levels 😉

Sir_Cliff

I’m not sure that’s the take away. That’s not where my “camp” is...it’s too black and white in a “grey” area.

I think we all need to accept what TWDC is an judge our rumors in that context. They don’t want to build stuff...they don’t want to convince you that you need them. They are in a position of power and will act that way.

In that frame, the fickle nature of a Wall Street business is gonna cut the head off a lot of these snakes at bad times. And as Disney is notorious for...a lot of this is exploratory and the really UPPER management is ok to let things play out with no intention of following through...to keep the designers and managers occupied while they scheme on more financial or expansion minded matters.

Anything that was announced this week meant nothing to the board and executives. Which is why it is comparatively “soft”.

Why? Their stock is great and they have spent probably 2 years solely focused on Fox and the streaming platform. The rest is “running itself” right now.

Maybe things will change where the parks light goes on again for the next time? It’s looking that way. GOOD for us.

I believe Marty that he has connections that are confident. I do.
I also believe those mid level connections are being played by the only offices that matter: to the left of Sneezy, Sleepy, and Bashful.

And that’s not taking into account all the other chatter/noise that House of Hens churns out from the mid levels 😉
I think the problem people have with your posts is that they're all just based on your common sense judgements and a huge dose of arrogance. We're not stupid, we know there is a franchise mandate and Iger is focused on things other than the theme parks. We also know they haven't green lit another WS pavilion in decades. The issue here is that you are lecturing and mocking someone who has proven himself to have knowledge of the actual details of what is going on within the company based solely on your faith in your superior intellect. In reality, you have no idea what discussions are going on inside the company.

Honestly, it's reading very similarly to a beloved poster we sadly lost who went on and on about how SWGE would never get built because Disney would never spend that kind of money as Wall Street would never let them, etc, etc.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think the problem people have with your posts is that they're all just based on your common sense judgements and a huge dose of arrogance. We're not stupid, we know there is a franchise mandate and Iger is focused on things other than the theme parks. We also know they haven't green lit another WS pavilion in decades. The issue here is that you are lecturing and mocking someone who has proven himself to have knowledge of the actual details of what is going on within the company based solely on your faith in your superior intellect. In reality, you have no idea what discussions are going on inside the company.
Honestly...I’m not defending myself or attacking anyone else. To look at things from a certain context isn’t “wrong”...and as always...nobody has to agree with me.

And are you serious with the line above??? It is nothing but patronization and snark and blind defense around here (from many)...and that is a desire for “likes” more than anything.
Roll the tape.

Come on...don’t bring up the glass house, please?
Honestly, it's reading very similarly to a beloved poster we sadly lost who went on and on about how SWGE would never get built because Disney would never spend that kind of money as Wall Street would never let them, etc, etc.
I honestly don’t know who you’re talking about...I really don’t.

But whoever that person was...fundamentally they probably had some legitimate points. Not on Star Wars though...the build doesn’t surprise me at all. The handling of the IP has...and hasn’t 😎

If it’s all about “tone”...we don’t get to truth ever. Maybe we never get there anyway?...But we should try to. Or what’s the point of talking?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They most certainly would NOT be sending employees to Brazil to set up recruiting apparatus (a significant project to attract the college students needed to staff the pavilion) IF they were not extremely serious.... my bet is that they simply waited to announce due to the current political situation/forest fires/etc.
It’s not “impossible”...but still unlikely to pull a major construction project announcement on a developing story.

Nobody believes the rainforest is gonna burn down and people won’t forget within a week...because they will.

It does look bad though...no doubt.

As far as political situation...if that was a concern it should have killed it 2 years ago. This is NOT a good place to court. That’s why I’ve had more doubts than most...even beyond the broken Epcot sponsorship model.

Phicinfan

Honestly...I’m not defending myself or attacking anyone else. To look at things from a certain context isn’t “wrong”...and as always...nobody has to agree with me.

And are you serious with the line above??? It is nothing but patronization and snark and blind defense around here (from many)...and that is a desire for “likes” more than anything.
Roll the tape.

Come on...don’t bring up the glass house, please?

I honestly don’t know who you’re talking about...I really don’t.

But whoever that person was...fundamentally they probably had some legitimate points. Not on Star Wars though...the build doesn’t surprise me at all. The handling of the IP has...and hasn’t 😎

If it’s all about “tone”...we don’t get to truth ever. Maybe we never get there anyway?...But we should try to. Or what’s the point of talking?
The biggest issue is redundancy. Making a point is valid, we all have valid opinions. Lets face it how many rumors have not come true. However, beating a dead horse on EVERY single post, to the point you are making glue gets really really old

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The biggest issue is redundancy. Making a point is valid, we all have valid opinions. Lets face it how many rumors have not come true. However, beating a dead horse on EVERY single post, to the point you are making glue gets really really old
Fair point....

You will of course repeat this to everyone who asks “can we get an update on this, _____?” on “not confirmed” rumors for 5 years with no movement, right?

I say this all the time (and i’d like to stop)...but that is the screamscape routine.

Sir_Cliff

Roll the tape.
It's not "nothing but..." anything in here. Some people are relentlessly negative about everything Disney does, others are equally positive. Many others fall somewhere in the middle.

Perhaps some people are obsessed with likes, I don't know. But isn't that really their problem? There's no money in it.

The problem is that you act like you have the definitive truth which you have to keep banging us over the head with until we see the light. In reality, you just have an opinion.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

They most certainly would NOT be sending employees to Brazil to set up recruiting apparatus (a significant project to attract the college students needed to staff the pavilion) IF they were not extremely serious.... my bet is that they simply waited to announce due to the current political situation/forest fires/etc.
Fake news

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's not "nothing but..." anything in here. Some people are relentlessly negative about everything Disney does, others are equally positive. Many others fall somewhere in the middle. Some are snarky, others aren't.

Perhaps some people are obsessed with likes, I don't know. But isn't that really their problem? There's no money in it.

The problem is that you act like you have the definitive truth which you have to keep banging us over the head with. In reality, you just have an opinion.

This is what I was referring to regarding tone, all the comments about "Marty", etc. @Phicinfan hit the nail on the head: we get it.
Cliff,

Nobody needs any defending...no one. Not me or anyone else.

This board is pretty good. To be honest, not at all like it’s reputation on others.

But as long as it’s not personal, and reasonable...there shouldn’t be any need for the “sides” you accurately pointed out.

It was a bad week for rumors and hope. That doesn’t mean it’s a failure of anyone here. It means the money got in the way. Our disappointment is minor compared to those that live and breath this stuff.

I’m repetitive, I own it...I can fix that. But that is one half of a coin that gets mighty repetitive too.

There’s no need to keep going. Which is exactly what happened here with “stimuli”.

I don’t know “truth”...but I search for it from my perspective. Anyone else who doesn’t admit that is not being fair.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
It was a bad week for rumors and hope.

Your spin might as well be an outright lie.

Mary Poppins, Moana water park, circlevision movies, re-do of SSE, and spine re-do were all known about beforehand. The Brazil announcement was the only mostly expected one that didn't pan out.

This is on top of the Guardians ride and Ratatouille already known before announced.

Only you can take one rumor that didn't come to fruition and take a victory lap that your take on information from insiders is right.

No one's buying it. No matter how much you flood threads with non-stop posting. It gets to the point that people are just disgusted with the volume of spam and normally quiet users are telling you to knock it off.

I haven't seen anyone buy into your spin on this. You're just spinning your wheels and getting nowhere.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Your spin might as well be an outright lie.

Mary Poppins, Moana water park, circlevision movies, re-do of SSE, and spine re-do were all known about beforehand. The Brazil announcement was the only mostly expected one that didn't pan out.

This is on top of the Guardians ride and Ratatouille already known before announced.

Only you can take one rumor that didn't come to fruition and take a victory lap that your take on information from insiders is right.

No one's buying it. No matter how much you flood threads with non-stop posting. It gets to the point that people are just disgusted with the volume of spam and normally quiet users are telling you to knock it off.

I haven't seen anyone buy into your spin on this. You're just spinning your wheels and getting nowhere.
@Sir_Cliff, you see what I’m talking about?

Out of the corn and jumping in on what nobody wants to continue?

But here goes:
So what was announced? Was it not mostly stuff “known” prior and fleshing out the builds? Tron details, space restaurant details, Mickey ride details (Disneyland got that), guardians details and demolition in futureworld. And firework details That’s the “known”. All fine.

Dak? studios? MK?
Takes 4 years to build something...I’ll remind you.

And let’s highlight what was unknown: Moana thing...looks neat but we don’t know details. Could be low busget
Mary poppins...could be cool. But no mention of the ride system (or if there IS one) could mean low budget.

And target at flamingo (I’ma thinking cause they just filed a new construction permit there)

What did we talk/hope for prior?
Brazil (or a better country if you’re me)
Coco redo
Imagination.

So I’ll stand by my opinion it was not a good week for us...as in wdw patrons. And you can stand out of line...which is where you are.

Surfin' Tuna

Sorry but I trust an accidental drop
From a University way more than the nameless faceless crowd found here.
Have you seen the faces of or know the names behind the person who accidentally dropped the tweet? They are also nameless and faceless, but maybe work for a university that kid atteneded during his CP days. I assumed that added to the reality that Brazil was coming soon, but then I thought about it. The only reason we believed that tweet was because we knew the project had been greenlit.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It was from an official account. Believe what you want. This place is full of people who make stuff up for fun and attention. On the other hand, an official University person congratulating a former student on a special project is FAR more credible to me than Disney fanatics who post hearsay on message boards.

As a retired university administrator whose program has a direct connection to TWDC through several highly placed alum, I call BS on this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom